Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2012, 16:28   #61

Hi wildchild, Thanks for your reply, For some reason im not able to see any of the team bhp member pm links, im kind of restricted here..even the replies are not posted immediately..not sure why..but if you could send me a mail at karthickeyanit at gmail it would be great..thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The amp should be able to pump at least 300W RMS into 4 ohms in bridge mode, or a mono of that rating.

The 2 subs should be 4ohm DVC or 2ohms SVC if you are using bridged amp (2ch or 4ch). If mono amp, 2 4ohms SVC subs will do.
Ok thanks, Then I will stick with 1 12inch SVC 4ohm sub, So to power it should i configure the mono amp only with 4ohm or 2ohm? because i heard the less ohms means more power.. If i configure it for 4ohm with less power whats the advantage over the 2ohm with more power? will that be loud enough with 4ohms when compared to 2 ohms? i mean the roof shaking kind of bass..Please clarify..

Also one out of topic question, Please tell me what should i do to derestrict me in this forum? Im not able to see any pm links of other members and the replies imposting are awaiting moderators approval..Please tell me where should i post this question to the mods..thankyou.

Last edited by DerAlte : 12th December 2012 at 16:45.
Old 12th December 2012, 16:54   #62
Senior - BHPian

re: ICE upgrade : Hyundai i10

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephkarthic View Post
... 1 12inch SVC 4ohm sub, So to power it should i configure the mono amp only with 4ohm or 2ohm? because i heard the less ohms means more power ... i mean the roof shaking kind of bass..Please clarify...
Get a 12" 4ohms DVC sub, and connect the VCs in parallel. Connect the resultant 2ohms to the mono. Yes, more power flows if the impedance is less. With 2ohms it will be definitely louder than 4ohm. Both will be "roof shaking" if played loud, the 2ohms will be a bit more "roof shaking".

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephkarthic View Post
... Also one out of topic question ...
Please be patient. You need to participate more on the forum (please go through the Forum rules) before the limits go.
Old 12th December 2012, 20:11   #63

Quote:
Get a 12" 4ohms DVC sub, and connect the VCs in parallel. Connect the resultant 2ohms to the mono. Yes, more power flows if the impedance is less. With 2ohms it will be definitely louder than 4ohm. Both will be "roof shaking" if played loud, the 2ohms will be a bit more "roof shaking".

Please be patient. You need to participate more on the forum (please go through the Forum rules) before the limits go.
Ok Sorry about that, I was registered here in teambhp a long time ago but due to long inactivity i was restricted i guess, its ok..And thanks for your suggestions i could understand the differences well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild child View Post
Hi Jo

I see that you have a very generous budget.

I guess I know just the right place where you can get ice'd. Good quality music and neat workmanship.

pm me incase you are interested.

Cheers
W_C
Hi wildchild, Thanks for your reply, For some reason im not able to see any of the team bhp member pm links, im kind of restricted here..if you see this reply please send me a mail at karthickeyanit at gmail it would be great..thanks.
Old 12th December 2012, 23:30   #64
BHPian

Quote:
1. Put in components in the front with a 4 channel amp, running off the current HU. The front channels of the amp should drive the components, and the rear channels the stock rear door speakers

2. At this time, you have the following choices
a. Replace the stock speakers in the rear doors with a good pair of coaxes
This is exactly what I am going to do, Thanks @DerAlte

Now to a completely different question...pardon me if it is

I want to put a rear camera with sensors, Do you think it is better to have a DVD player like Pioneer AVH-X2590BT and use the Display for feed from camera or simply use a good HU like DEH-X6590BT with No video and simply use a rear view mirror with AV input for feed from the camera + sensors. Cost wise this is how it looks, also suggest if they are high / low etc.

AVH-X2590BT = Rs 24K
Separate Camera + Sensors = Rs 5K

DEH-X6590BT = Rs 10K
Camera + Sensors + Mirror with AV input = Rs 10K

I have honed in on two options for my i10's first round of ICE upgrade

JBL
GT-X646 - Rs 9K
GTO-609C - Rs 7K
GT6-S366 - Rs 4K

Pioneer
GM-6500F - Rs 10K
TS-D1720C - Rs 10K
TS-A634 - Rs 4K

Comments/Concerns/Reviews and even Brickbats if you wish

Last edited by DerAlte : 13th December 2012 at 10:34.
Old 13th December 2012, 10:30   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabash View Post
I have honed in on two options for my i10's first round of ICE upgrade

JBL
GT-X646 - Rs 9K
GTO-609C - Rs 7K
GT6-S366 - Rs 4K

Pioneer
GM-6500F - Rs 10K
TS-D1720C - Rs 10K
TS-A634 - Rs 4K

Comments/Concerns/Reviews and even Brickbats if you wish
When speakers are concerned JBL trumps Pioneer.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 10:40   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... I want to put a rear camera with sensors, Do you think it is better to have a DVD player like Pioneer AVH-X2590BT and use the Display for feed from camera or simply use a good HU like DEH-X6590BT with No video and simply use a rear view mirror with AV input for feed from the camera + sensors. ...
The choice is completely personal. The 2DIN definitely looks better but is costlier by a margin. The 1DIN + RVM system is definitely better functionally (only 1 can fail at any time) and cheaper but is not a looker. Your call.

Quote:
... I have honed in on two options for my i10's first round of ICE upgrade ...
As Navin said, JBL is any day better than Pio.

Those prices are MRP, by the way. Street prices are considerably lower.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 14:42   #67
BHPian

Thanks @Navin and @DerAlte for the comments. I was already thinking of JBL, but your comments give me final confidence that my choice is right. Will keep you posted...updates, pictures coming soon

I have one more question. I see in many pictures that people put some kind of sound dampeners on the inside of door panels. What is the use of these and do you suggest something in this regard.

Bangalore guys, do you know any good place in Bangalore North to get the speakers fitted, preferably in the Hebbal/Sanjay Nagar area

Last edited by DerAlte : 13th December 2012 at 16:42.
Old 14th December 2012, 12:37   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... sound dampeners on the inside of door panels. What is the use of these and do you suggest something in this regard.

... good place in Bangalore North to get the speakers fitted, preferably in the Hebbal/Sanjay Nagar area
Damping the door panels (outer and inner metal, door pad; at least) removes 2 irritants:
- Noise induced into the metal and plastic sheets by vibrations through chassis and body
- Rattling caused by loose cables, wires and other parts
When the noise is removed, you are able to hear those parts of the music you are playing which were drowned out by the noise.

To know more about damping materials, read up this thread.

I haven't heard of any good installers in that area, though there *may* be some competent people at the car accessories shops. The nearest OK installer for you would be this shop behind Shivananda Stores (lane behind, parallel to Hare Krishna Road). Don't remember the name, it is Bass something - have been around a long time. Then there is Sound Factor, at the Walton Road / Lavelle Road / Vittal Mallya Road junction. Otherwise, Koramangala.
Old 14th December 2012, 14:46   #69
BHPian

Hello shabash

Also get some good quality speaker cables and RCA because these things play a very critical role in terms of sound quality . Also get things worked out from good and reputed installer because if setup is not laid out properly that can ruin the whole sound setup in your car .
Old 14th April 2013, 12:55   #70
BHPian

Hi guys,

I have a Sony CDX-GT494U HU and had upgraded the front speakers to Infinity Primus 6500CS.

The sound definitely has improved by a good margin after the front component upgrade. The rear stock speakers are pretty pathetic and they crack at high volumes. Also the current sound is kind of bright for my liking.

What kind of upgrade is suggested at this point? I was thinking about putting in a JBL x646 amp and rear speakers. Can you guys please suggest. I'm thinking of a budget in the range of 15-20k
Old 15th April 2013, 11:04   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanth View Post
... I was thinking about putting in a JBL x646 amp and rear speakers. Can you guys please suggest. I'm thinking of a budget in the range of 15-20k
In that budget, you can get Infinity Primus 6.5" coaxials for the rear door, the 646 amp AND a 12" JBL sub-in-box. Connect the rear coaxials to the HU, and the front components and sub to the amp.

Don't worry, having a sub doesn't mean you will have boom-boom system. Tune it well, and you will not be missing anything in the music.
Old 18th April 2013, 00:35   #72
BHPian

Quote:
In that budget, you can get Infinity Primus 6.5" coaxials for the rear door, the 646 amp AND a 12" JBL sub-in-box. Connect the rear coaxials to the HU, and the front components and sub to the amp.

Don't worry, having a sub doesn't mean you will have boom-boom system. Tune it well, and you will not be missing anything in the music.
Thanks for the reply. Would you suggest fitting the coaxials on the door or on the parcel tray? Or does it not make any difference?

What models specific models are good in this budget (for rear speakers and sub woofers). Please keep in mind that the current sound is kind of bright so this new setup must give me the music nirvana that I'm hopping for
Old 18th April 2013, 11:21   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanth View Post
... Would you suggest fitting the coaxials on the door or on the parcel tray? Or does it not make any difference?

What models specific models are good in this budget ...
If you are getting a sub, then 6.5" round coaxials in rear doors. If not, then 6x9 on parcel shelf. 6x9 ovals and subs together would be an overkill.

To know whether a brand / model is bright or not, you need to audition the speakers. Infinity Primus is not bright AFAIK - you might be describing lack of bass as bright. Bright is unnaturally loud/harsh high frequencies. Decent bass will perhaps make things better for you. Try Infinity, JBL, Auditor, Morel, RF, Boston, ... depends on what you can get with dealers in EKL / Kochi.
Old 28th January 2014, 15:01   #74
Senior - BHPian

Planning to do a DIY by swapping out the speakers in my i10 in the coming months.
To begin, where can I get the wiring harness adapter to plug in one end to the factory speaker connectors with another end as spade connectors? Don't want to cut the factory adapter and strip the wires.
Old 28th January 2014, 22:29   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
... where can I get the wiring harness adapter to plug in one end to the factory speaker connectors with another end as spade connectors? Don't want to cut the factory adapter and strip the wires.
Would you be able to post a pic of the harness connector for speaker? I expect it to be a socket that accepts square or round pins.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks