Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2014, 12:19   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: ICE upgrade : Hyundai i10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Would you be able to post a pic of the harness connector for speaker? I expect it to be a socket that accepts square or round pins.
Maybe I shall try to open up the door pads this weekend and post a pic of the factory harness.
But if any one has used a factory->spade harness for hyundai i10, please comment on the availability of the same online. Something like these:

http://www.metraonline.com/parts/MET-TURBOW/M-SPK_HARN
Old 3rd February 2014, 09:54   #77

Need advice on Music system for 50k - Car i10

Hello,

I need help from you all, I'm looking for Music system on a budget of 50K for my i10, I live in Chennai, Can you please help me on what products I should get and which is the best place to get in Chennai?

I'm looking for good clarity sound with best bass(tight/punchy). I listen to songs mostly on USB drive/bluetooth.

I dont know much about all techie stuff so need your help..If someone can list me the products it will be much helpful. thanks.
Old 8th February 2014, 16:56   #78

Can anyone from chennai please reply? thanks.
Old 1st March 2014, 15:37   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Would you be able to post a pic of the harness connector for speaker? I expect it to be a socket that accepts square or round pins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Maybe I shall try to open up the door pads this weekend and post a pic of the factory harness.
But if any one has used a factory->spade harness for hyundai i10, please comment on the availability of the same online. Something like these:

http://www.metraonline.com/parts/MET-TURBOW/M-SPK_HARN
Finally got some time to open up a rear door pad. Here are the pictures of the OEM connectors. Hopefully the front ones would be the same:

ICE upgrade : Hyundai i10-img_20140301_131528_1.jpg

ICE upgrade : Hyundai i10-img_20140301_131543_1.jpg

ICE upgrade : Hyundai i10-img_20140301_131557_1.jpg

So ideally I would want something that plugs onto the end of the factory wire shown in picture 2, and ends in couple of spade connectors which I shall slip on to the after market speakers.
Old 1st March 2014, 20:37   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
... So ideally I would want something that plugs onto the end of the factory wire shown in picture 2, and ends in couple of spade connectors which I shall slip on to the after market speakers.

I doubt if you can find directly a connector that fits in the OE socket (on the wire). Look for PCB-mounting rectangular pins in the electronics market - you may find a size suitable for inserting into the terminal socket. Something that is dimensionally similar to the pins on the OE speaker. Those can be soldered to one end of a pair of wires, whose other end is either terminated in lugs, or soldered onto the terminals of the aftermarket speaker.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2014, 21:15   #81
BHPian

Hi Joseph,

You can go for 4 6.5 inch components and a solid 8/12 inch sub woofer with a 4 channel and a mono/2 channel amp. Please ensure that you invest on solid wiring. For the components you can look at focal or infinity and for the sub woofer, you can look at infinity or pioneer or rockford fosgate. For the amplifier there are lots of options where in you can look at jbl, pioneer, infinity, ground zero. If possible its worth investing in sound damping which will enhance the sound stage and overall sound quality. One recommendation will be, please audition different brands and then freeze on the one which is in line with your taste. Please ensure the setting is done as per your taste.

I also have a i10 magna and I have put in 4 nos 6.5 inch jbl components and have a 10 inch old series pioneer sub woofer in a mdf enclosure which is running on a 5 channel jl audio amplifier with sound dampening done on the 4 doors and the boot.

Last edited by sparsh : 9th March 2014 at 21:18.
sparsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2014, 18:44   #82
BHPian

Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Hi,

I am looking a system for i10 with decent sound ( infinity towards bass ). My requirement are usb/SD card only, bluetooth for android/ios/windows connectivity for calls and music and any other feature that would important for normal usage. Space in the boot is important.

Please help me out with models for HU, speaker, wires and their connectivity. Most probably I won't be installing unless it is do-able for a normal techie guy

Thanks,
Navdeep

edit : Budget 10-15k

Last edited by navdeep : 18th October 2014 at 18:52. Reason: adding budget
Old 19th December 2014, 18:04   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
Hi,

I am looking a system for i10 with decent sound ( infinity towards bass ). My requirement are usb/SD card only, bluetooth for android/ios/windows connectivity for calls and music and any other feature that would important for normal usage. Space in the boot is important.

Please help me out with models for HU, speaker, wires and their connectivity. Most probably I won't be installing unless it is do-able for a normal techie guy

Thanks,
Navdeep

Hey Navdeep! In case you still haven't undergone with ICE upgrade, I would say, considering your budget, get a single din pioneer or kenwood head unit along with JBL components for the front doors. Instead of coaxials on the rear door, go for 6x9 speakers on the tray at the back. They provide a better bass response. Lastly, damp the front doors!
Old 19th December 2014, 22:51   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
Hi,

Thanks,
Navdeep

Hi Navdeep, I suggest you go in with a Pioneer single DIN Head Unit and a decent pair of Component speaker for your front stage, initially that would suffice for you, once you're ready to plonk in more money (ICE section is known to blow your budget!) you can go ahead with an amplifier and/or a sub.

My suggestion would be to not compromise on the set of front components, get a set that you almost can not afford, I mean get the best you can with in your budget!

About installation, I have installed my set up all by myself, but that's because I wanted attention to detail as my set up is decently complicated, you're welcome to audition it whenever you want, but for an uncomplicated set up like the one you plan to get done, I suggest you let the shops do it for you, mostly its free if you buy the stuff from them.

In Pune, I suggest you go to Bhandari Auto on JM Road or Bafna cars on Ghole Road.

Focal Access series components is what I would go in for if I had to play with that budget!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Hey Navdeep! In case you still haven't undergone with ICE upgrade, I would say, considering your budget, get a single din pioneer or kenwood head unit along with JBL components for the front doors. Instead of coaxials on the rear door, go for 6x9 speakers on the tray at the back. They provide a better bass response. Lastly, damp the front doors!
Hi Aston, I see you're quite interested in all things ICE, good to see a fellow ICE head on the forum from Pune! We should meet up!
Old 20th December 2014, 02:03   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
Hi Aston, I see you're quite interested in all things ICE, good to see a fellow ICE head on the forum from Pune! We should meet up!
Hello! ICE all the way! It's difficult to control my excitement at times. In the mean time I'm just trying to answer some basic questions. I'm not an expert but I definitely take a lot of interest and try to help as much as I can. And let's meet up for sure

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks