Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2007, 23:56   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manyu View Post
Rule 6.
No personal attacks on any member will be entertained. This includes any direct / indirect attempt at trolling. All members are part of the Team-BHP family and any discriminating or derogatory comment will be dealt with severely.
manyu, I know Sam and I Know that he is above any personal attack. I dont think he meant to say anything that even sounds like an attack.

1. If you bought any component (JBL or not) from the grey market and dont have a Manufacturer's warranty & proper bill (not an "estimate") it is not the fault of JBL.

2. If it was a component that was more commonly sold via the grey market (say Pioneer for example) what would your normal course of action be. You need to take this up with your dealer.

Remember the saying "buyer beware".
Old 1st December 2007, 08:15   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Manyu, good that the problem is resolved.

And relax, What Sam said is hardly a personal attack. Meet him once, and you'll know - he doesnt do such stuff.
Old 1st December 2007, 08:51   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Rule 6.
No personal attacks on any member will be entertained. This includes any direct / indirect attempt at trolling. All members are part of the Team-BHP family and any discriminating or derogatory comment will be dealt with severely.

Ha... Haa...

The Yeti is a very strange kind of animal; yeti attacks only on herds, not on individuals... No confusion.. Only great combination... Doeeeennng!!! Bingo!!
Old 1st December 2007, 11:28   #34
BHPian

hi navin bhai..

i just didnt like the comment which sam gave to me... i am just a newbie on the car audio circuit..
soi didnt like recieving sarcastic comment..

i dont think its a good practice from someone so senior on the forum on a newbie.

i just wanted to know common practice about warranty and didnt held Sam in any case...

i joined this forum to gain knowledge..

manyu
Old 1st December 2007, 12:05   #35
Team-BHP Support

manyu, sam was not being sarcastic, he was just trying to make a joke.
It appears to be a misunderstanding. All he meant was that maybe now you will stay away from grey market
Old 1st December 2007, 12:31   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
soi didnt like recieving sarcastic comment..i just wanted to know common practice about warranty and didnt held Sam in any case...i joined this forum to gain knowledge..
I did not see the comment as being sarcastic but tht mightbe becuase I know Sam.

The grey market is very active in India. For most of us it is advisable to avoid it.

JBL (Like any other company) includes a 2 part warranty card with their product. One part is for the customer, the second part is to be returned to the Manufacturer. Both parts should have the dealer's stamp and date of sale.

If the warranty card supplied with your purchase did not have both parts it might be something that the dealer had previously sold (and taken back). One the card that you now have is there (a) a perforated edge (b) a dealer's rubber stamp and date of sale?
Old 1st December 2007, 14:10   #37
BHPian

I wanted to avoid any controversy so did not post earlier. Manyu sir, it seems that the dealer is at fault.
Also, I read Sam's reply many times, and it doesn't seem to be demeaning in any way.
Written words are seldom capable of conveying the full meaning.
I am sure Sam on his part will do all that he can to help you out.

Best of luck at the dealer's !
Old 1st December 2007, 17:48   #38
Senior - BHPian

OT:

Quote:
Rule 6.
I don't think Sam bhai would ever do that. In fact, he has a great sense of humor and he takes jokes made on him very very well. I have not met him, but I can say this with confidence, for obvious reasons.

Relax, enjoy the ICE section. It is IMO the most fun section of this forum. Take a chill pill.
Old 1st December 2007, 18:01   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
In fact, he has a great sense of humor and he takes jokes made on him very very well.
A good example of this can be seen in the avatars of both @rocksterraghu and @akg7091 - the avatars are depicting the Yeti ! Check our other popular thread about Yeti Products

Last edited by condor : 1st December 2007 at 18:04.
Old 1st December 2007, 19:43   #40
BHPian

I think there are two changes that need to come about:

#1) Companies should be a little more proactive about such reports, and actively pursue such cases, and if required sue the sh** out of these dealers if fake products are found.

#2) Consumers, manufacturers, dealers need to realize that the filling out of warranty cards is a mere procedural formality, a formality that is not required. When the manufacturer sells a product he is liable (whether he likes it or not) for that product to work properly, and not just that, to work properly in the way advertised. In addition, there are also other liabilities such as the product not being hazardous or unsafe.

I am not sure what the name of the case was, but if I am not mistaken the consumer court held that it is not necessary for the warranty card to be filled out for the manufacturer to be held liable for the same.
Old 1st December 2007, 23:50   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post

#1) Companies should be a little more proactive about such reports, and actively pursue such cases, and if required sue the sh** out of these dealers if fake products are found.
veb, the dealer has sold goods evidently with a 'fake' warranty. It is between the customer and dealer. Where did the company come in between? If the customer does not make sure that it is genuine warranty, he is wrong.

Besides, companies have little or no control over grey market goods. Why would the company want to spend or work on it anyway?

If a product is hilariously cheap or the outlook seems bad, the customer should be careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
#2) Consumers, manufacturers, dealers need to realize that the filling out of warranty cards is a mere procedural formality, a formality that is not required. When the manufacturer sells a product he is liable (whether he likes it or not) for that product to work properly, and not just that, to work properly in the way advertised. In addition, there are also other liabilities such as the product not being hazardous or unsafe.

I am not sure what the name of the case was, but if I am not mistaken the consumer court held that it is not necessary for the warranty card to be filled out for the manufacturer to be held liable for the same.
I agree with you there. The fact that the items were bought in grey (or used) makes it obvious that the part in bold is not applicable at all. Otherwise, you have a very valid point.
Old 2nd December 2007, 00:05   #42
BHPian

hey guys,,,

the cracking sound has come up again... i dont know what it is.. will get it checked on monday by the dealer

i suspect its the wiring for sure this time.. and it coming from the rear right..

is there somehow the installer can connected them wrong except for + - thing

its feels has it getting small electric shocks

Old 2nd December 2007, 00:08   #43
BHPian

Manyu, I understand that you are new. Welcome to the forum. Im sure you will gain so much knowledge like all of us have. Dont worry about the comments from the Yeti. It is such a friendly animal you must meet it once to know it better. So much full of humour n fun. Take it easy boy. By the way where is Sam? Have you gone for a haircut or something?
Old 2nd December 2007, 00:32   #44
Senior - BHPian

manyu, you should go to a good installer immediately. Looks like your dealer and installer (presumed to be same) is not competent enough to solve your problem. Moreover, he may damage the speakers or HU with his bad install.
Old 2nd December 2007, 00:50   #45
BHPian

Quote:
hey guys,,,

the cracking sound has come up again... i dont know what it is.. will get it checked on monday by the dealer

i suspect its the wiring for sure this time.. and it coming from the rear right..

is there somehow the installer can connected them wrong except for + - thing

its feels has it getting small electric shocks

if you have connected with a wiring harness (i hope so) and have access to a 'chabi' try it with a different head unit. it doesn't look like a speaker problem to me. it looks like the internal HU amp has gone kaput. if such is the case, and you can't change the HU (since you bought from grey), check the line signal with RC, that should be fine... you can then connect the handicapped HU to the amp, speaker outs won't matter. though this is instinct, and not how scientific theory would approach. i'm a great fan of it... but instincts somehow always seem to get the better of me! sigh!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks