Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2007, 12:24   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Yes those "ding dong" people make good stuff and the Silver stuff from Bosch is what I'd get.
But the same 'ding dong' people have still not replaced a dead Optima yellow top for me. Grr.

Actually, to be fair, they did. They gave me a 'replacement' 3-4 months ago that was a dud. Measured 8V right out of the box and wouldnt charge. Double Grrr.
Old 5th December 2007, 12:27   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
But the same 'ding dong' people have still not replaced a dead Optima yellow top for me. Grr.

Actually, to be fair, they did. They gave me a 'replacement' 3-4 months ago that was a dud. Measured 8V right out of the box and wouldnt charge. Double Grrr.
at least it can charge your phone when there is no electricity. by the time this happens, the battery v will drop to 4-5 volts lol.
Old 5th December 2007, 12:32   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But the same 'ding dong' people have still not replaced a dead Optima yellow top for me. Grr... Double Grrr.
there is a "dong dong" shop in prabhadevi opposite the passport office. the give good service. if you have all the papers they should co-operate.
Old 5th December 2007, 12:32   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Sir your theory is correct but the time to discharge a cap is just few milli second, but charges very fast. What will happen when a SPL vehicle is playing a sine wave to extract the best of the what his setup can do the cap would have been discharged in the very first second and would instead putting extra load on the setup by taking out some current to get it charged. So Cap in my IMHO is like bling stuff not for real use.
aah, yes.. you're right.. thanks for the explanation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
and what happens when there is a long bass note? i have seen cars with caps installed and lights still dimming. its better to spend on a good power cable than on a cap. i have experienced how much difference a cable can make. my lights dont dim now. im using a 25mm2 cable. earlier it was boss crap. :-)

cheers
clip

sorry lbm, didn't see your reply
Ohh yes, power cables come first.. they make a huge difference..
Old 5th December 2007, 12:38   #50
BHPian

Quote:
You are correct in assuming that a capacitor serves to smooth voltage fluctuations associated with transient demands (suually on the order of 50-100ms) and that the supply voltage presented to the amp during during these passages will be higher with the capacitor. The degree to which the amps's power increases, however, is marginal.

Consider an amp that delivers 100 watts at 14.4v and 80 watts at 12v, in db that difference is negligible. Now add to this that a subwoofer would probabaly be already compressing (due to the limites of it's Xmax at low frequencies) at these power levels and that the human ear ability to perceive differences in intensity for shorter intervals is limited this theoretical increase in power is hardly noticed by your ears.

Yes if the your headlights are dimming significantly a cap might be handy (to keep your headlight levels more stable) but only after the battery, alternator and Big 3 are addressed first.
yeah, i believe the human ear can perceive differences of 3db and upwards.. thanks for the well laid out explanation navin, now everything is clear..

as they say what's written in the books isnt always right, one has to be practical..

btw, what does the Big3 consist of? (pardon my ignorance)
Old 5th December 2007, 12:42   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
amit, I saw the amp today @ weiders here. It was driving 3 MTX 7502 subs. CCCCRAAAZZZYYYY SPL. But sadly, I think it's next to impossible to get it carried to India unless paying duty/bribes. Its Huge!!
Then lets hope it drives my two 12" good.

Duty is not a problem, as it our duty to pay duty. As far as bribe is concerned..toh "Rishvat lene hai nahi....balki dena bhi paap hai"
Old 5th December 2007, 12:45   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
there is a "dong dong" shop in prabhadevi opposite the passport office. the give good service. if you have all the papers they should co-operate.
Not tried that. I just want a replaced battery for now.

For Optima, the authorized service point is Four Seasons. But its no fault of theirs. I know the people there very well, and they would have given me a replacement from their stock if they had one. Culprit is Amara Raja India. Even emails go unanswered. Polite emails. Really. At least the initial ones.
Old 5th December 2007, 12:45   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I think you should keep your money and buy the best available battery from Amaron or Bosch.
Sam bhai, Any idea where i can get the bosch batteries??
Old 5th December 2007, 12:46   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you represent Stinger by any chance?
Nope,
I don't think after deepak asrani there has been any one I know who represented Stinger in Bangalore.
Old 5th December 2007, 12:49   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
It's a Stinger SP1000 battery.
blueraven some more information on the battery please......

Price, Amps? ANy contact in Mumbai where i can get these
Old 5th December 2007, 12:49   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

That makes 2 of us, they have goofed up on two batteries for me, after the first bat failed they sent it back after rechaging, it failed again after 15 das and they recharged it, I refused to accept and don't even think they will replace.
Second battery in my cousin's Skoda died and the scene is the same.
HORRIBLE SERVICE !!
Old 5th December 2007, 12:53   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_sound View Post
blueraven some more information on the battery please......

Price, Amps? ANy contact in Mumbai where i can get these
The bat is 800 Amps. Should cost you around Rs 15000 to Import one from the USA.
They are not available in India, and I don't know who represents them. I had bought a load of Stinger long ago, which is all over now, that's it.
Good batteries and this one I felt was truly good for Audio IMO.
Old 5th December 2007, 13:04   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
They don't make any difference in IMHO. Rest if you have money you can install it. Looks good, and lots of people ask what is it ??
Yes i too agree with LBM....caps really dont make a lot of difference.

See my brother is getting the stuff from one of the very reupted installed in USA, involved in serious SPL competitions. He happends to have quite a few SPL records under his belt.
Now this guy invited my brother to a SPL show, sometime back. To my bro's surpise none of the SPL car there had caps installed in them. All those guys concentrated on was batteries, alternators, wires.

Morover, i may be wrong, but from 2500 watt system , what will a 1 or 2 fard cap do? I mean i dont think it can store amount of current required to properly power a 2500 amp.
Old 5th December 2007, 13:12   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Nope,
I don't think after deepak asrani there has been any one I know who represented Stinger in Bangalore.
I thought Deepak did not represent Stinger anymore. anyway I just wanted to clarify for all concerned (on this forum) that you did not. As a mod I have to ensure that. I hope you understand.
Old 5th December 2007, 13:14   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That makes 2 of us.
HORRIBLE SERVICE !!
Yikes I better change the abttery on my wife's car before she gets into trouble. Any verdict on Bosch Silver?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks