Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2013, 19:01   #841
Senior - BHPian

Re: The CarPC / Carputer Thread

What software are you using on the Car PC (OS, control center etc.)? You would need at least a BT USB dongle and a mic, but it is not a simple addition to a PC.

The right thing to do would be not to associate BT-based call handling with the PC, but instead handle it with a kit from Parrot or Nokia - either independent one with it's own speaker, or through the HU through Aux-in.
Old 16th July 2013, 21:03   #842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
What software are you using on the Car PC (OS, control center etc.)? You would need at least a BT USB dongle and a mic, but it is not a simple addition to a PC.

The right thing to do would be not to associate BT-based call handling with the PC, but instead handle it with a kit from Parrot or Nokia - either independent one with it's own speaker, or through the HU through Aux-in.
I am using Windows XP, CF 4.0. Yes, I want to associate BT based call handling with carputer. The kits cost a bomb don't they? ( for what they serve). Please advice. Could you share your Carputer configuration and any pics. if you have.
Old 17th July 2013, 17:50   #843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
I am using Windows XP, CF 4.0. Yes, I want to associate BT based call handling with carputer. ...
CF has BT handling built in, provided you have BT with your board. Look for a USB BT dongle if your board doesn't have it built in (most boards don't). The dongle would come with it's drivers.
Old 21st July 2013, 10:59   #844
Senior - BHPian

Just wanted to share that I got working Mireo MMI v8 maps in my car pc. Although the Mireo Design is a little difficult than Garmin. If anybody needs them, PM me.
mercedised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 14:55   #845
Senior - BHPian

For those car PC enthusiasts, here is one more DIY (but perhaps with lesser efforts).
http://www.flamelily.co.uk/2013/05/r...-car-computer/

I have ordered my Rpi, but not for usage in the car.
But perhaps that might change in the future.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 21:52   #846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
CF has BT handling built in, provided you have BT with your board. Look for a USB BT dongle if your board doesn't have it built in (most boards don't). The dongle would come with it's drivers.
Hello, after some googling I came to this website which contains manuals to the Diagnostic tools used by TASC. They use Samtec HSlight II Interface. As shown here in the link http://www.samtec.de/?id=53&L=1 for engine diagnostics by laptop.Please download the 4th file and have a look at it from this link http://ed.tatamotors.com/frmHelpDocuments.aspx

Does it give any idea on the OBD protocol\ISO used by Dicor 3.0?
Old 4th August 2013, 16:06   #847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
... Does it give any idea on the OBD protocol\ISO used by Dicor 3.0?
Thanks, but no - neither gives pertinent information. Tata document has no mention of it. Samtec document talks of a superset (ISO 9141).

I did some experimentation with my ELM327 dongle and an Android App called OBD Car Doctor. The App finally latched on to ISO 14230-4 KWP (either 5 baud init or fast init) as the protocol on the ECU side. Unfortunately nothing seemed to flow after that - still trying to figure out.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 19:46   #848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did some experimentation with my ELM327 dongle and an Android App called OBD Car Doctor. The App finally latched on to ISO 14230-4 KWP (either 5 baud init or fast init) as the protocol on the ECU side. Unfortunately nothing seemed to flow after that - still trying to figure out.
Hello,

I have installed a mic and a bluetooth dongle in my carputer. Now, I want to pair my phone for receiving calls/play music via bluetooth through carputer. Could you guide me with the settings?

Thanks.
Old 28th November 2013, 19:51   #849
Senior - BHPian

Could anybody help me with Centrafuse. I have 4.2.7 and it has stopped creating playlists, all the songs that i play are queued in to the Now playing list. Any clues?
Old 2nd December 2013, 22:05   #850
Senior - BHPian

^^The above problem has been solved. I reinstalled .Net framework 4.0 and SSCE runtime SP2.
Old 21st January 2014, 09:17   #851
Senior - BHPian

Got into another problem, the PC restarts on starting the car, earlier it did'nt used to happen. What might be wrong?
Old 21st January 2014, 09:18   #852
Senior - BHPian

Car battery crank voltage low so battery need replacement or the PSU needs replacement

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks