Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2008, 23:10   #31
Senior - BHPian

there is no official declaration. not on google nor on philips website. but i have seen them myself. they are blue in colour. looking at finish they seem to be philips. but dont know why they arent put anywhere by philips. i think they are doing a market research.
Old 21st February 2008, 23:15   #32
BHPian

^ It would still be somewhere on the net. And I really doubt Phillips would do their market research for the rest of the world here.

I am going to mark this as a hoax until someone can provide a reliable source that says otherwise (including a scan of that ad in Overdrive that the original poster claims).
Old 21st February 2008, 23:18   #33
BHPian

Any idea who is stocking these? Are they philips dealers or random car accessory shops?
Old 21st February 2008, 23:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
Any idea who is stocking these? Are they philips dealers or random car accessory shops?
i saw it with one reputed dealer in pune who sells all branded ones like hertz, vibes, platis league etc in alloys.

as per my knowledge he is not supposed to sell chinese or duplicate ones. heis offering a combined package of dynamo series amp and 12" woofer in 5k.
he had piles of those in the rack

and ya...sorry forgot to mention that he had the same in the philips product catalog
Old 21st February 2008, 23:26   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i saw it with one reputed dealer in pune who sells all branded ones like hertz, vibes, platis league etc in alloys.

as per my knowledge he is not supposed to sell chinese or duplicate ones. heis offering a combined package of dynamo series amp and 12" woofer in 5k.
he had piles of those in the rack

and ya...sorry forgot to mention that he had the same in the philips product catalog
thanks for that Amit. sounds genuine enough. will try and see if I can find these in Mumbai.
Old 21st February 2008, 23:28   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks for that Amit. sounds genuine enough. will try and see if I can find these in Mumbai.
If you do please PM me and let me know

Can someone post the ad from OD?
Old 21st February 2008, 23:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ya please do. god knows these duplicate market nexus is so strong that no one knows whats original. and printing a catalog is very small issues. we have pioneers and sonys flooded in duplicate market.
Old 22nd February 2008, 10:20   #38
Senior - BHPian

I called up the number mentioned in the ad for kerala, and the guy had NO clue about the dynamo range! he said, the company had not given any info on this to them.But Since they had published his cell number in the ad,it was causing a lot of confusion, and a lot of people were calling him up and getting irritated at the lack of info! I really don't understand why the company is doing it like this!
Old 22nd February 2008, 10:42   #39
Senior - BHPian

Why not call Philips directly and ask them what they have on offer for Cars?
Old 22nd February 2008, 10:43   #40
BHPian

I saw the ad last night (its in the December edition of Overdrive as well). I cam away slightly confused. Here's why:

There are 2 full page ads ads side by side with the same look and feel and the same list of dealers as well as the distributor at the bottom (the same list appears twice - not a combined list). On looking at it, the initial impression is that its one ad. However, on looking closely i'm slightly confused. The first page advertises Dynamo amps and HU's. However, this page doesnt mention Philips anywhere and the "Philips" name isnt visbile on the pictures. The second page advertises philips speakers and sub woofers but doesnt mention Dynamo anywhere. Maybe I'm being a bit paranoid but I'm not convinced whether Dynamo is a Philips brand. Playing the Devil's advocate here but if I wanted to sell some cheap chinese junk alongside philips, I would design the ad in such a way.

Its more likely that Dynamo actually is a Philips brand (dont think the distributor would dare pull something like this in a national magazine). However, I would advise anyone planning to buy this amp to inspect the packing carefully to ensure its actually manufactured by Philips.

BUSA, I'll post the contact info for Mumbai from the ad later today. Don't have a scanner at home so can't put up a scan.
Old 22nd February 2008, 11:41   #41
BHPian

Please someone put up a picture of this ad. It doesn't have to be a scan, even a shot with your digital camera would suffice!!
Old 22nd February 2008, 20:55   #42
Senior - BHPian

please please put the ad here. atleast a scan or a snap. or else please specify which months overdrive issue had this ad and on what page.
where is it stated that its for 3600 the combi of woofer plus the 2 channel amp. the pune dealer has agreed to give it to me for Rs.3600 if i show him the ad.
Old 23rd February 2008, 02:33   #43
BHPian

heres the picture of the ad. doesnt mention anything about prices.

BUSA, the Mumbai dealer is Matrix corporation - 98202 67687
Old 23rd February 2008, 11:27   #44
Senior - BHPian

the quotes that i could manage over phone were 4100 in mumbai, and 4500 in pune for 12" subwoofer and 2 channel AMP
Old 23rd February 2008, 16:04   #45
Senior - BHPian

Tchah! Those dealers must be following this thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks