Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2008, 22:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

after a lot comparison between sony and philips i finally went for philips. it awesome. and the best quote of 3950Rs nothin can match its performance.
Old 23rd February 2008, 23:04   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
after a lot comparison between sony and philips i finally went for philips. it awesome. and the best quote of 3950Rs nothin can match its performance.
Can you please tell us your setup and how is it running?

I wonder which finest manufacturers are those who use the dynamo range?
Old 23rd February 2008, 23:19   #48
Senior - BHPian

ya those are original philips with bill and warranty of 1 year from the company itself. it has all warranty cards and user manuals. also the quality is awesome. just heard 2 songs. my ipod battery went low. even the radio was amazing.
when it worked so nice on my JVC car tape which does not have a seperate subwoofer controls i am sure it will work amazing on cd players.

all the philips regional dealers and showrooms have these in pune. its not what we were suspecting to be duplicate or something. its just that philips is penetrating in the market.

also last month the dealer said there was a combi offer. Philips dynamo DVD+VCD+MP3+USB+micro sd card slow+ subwoofer control+ 6 channel output + rear oval 350w speakers + front two speakers = 6990 RS

now that stock is completely over. called the philips company people. they are updating the website.
Old 24th February 2008, 01:21   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Could you please post pictures of your ICE?
Old 24th February 2008, 01:44   #50
BHPian

So here's what I found after looking at that ad. The Parent company is called D&M Holdings Inc. and this particular brand is described here:
Quote:
D&M Premium Sound Solutions, formerly Philips Sound Solutions, has been delivering high-quality hi-fi audio products for the B2B automotive and consumer electronics markets for more than 30 years. The company is one of the world's leading sound solutions companies, a first-choice innovator and partner that provides best-in-class products and services to the original equipment manufacturer (OEM).
Here's the website of Premium Sound Solutions. Their product page only provides that they make Speakers, Subs, Amps etc. but no specifics. Someone needs to call them (Jaibir, is it possible for you to upload a higher resolution picture? It's not possible to read the numbers etc.).

Edit: Nevermind, here it is:
Quote:
3/F Panchshil
Opp. Magarpatta City
Hadapsar, Pune 411028
India
marketing.india@dmpss.com
91 20 6620 7621
91 20 6620 7604

Last edited by vebmetal : 24th February 2008 at 01:55.
Old 24th February 2008, 10:29   #51
Senior - BHPian

thanks a lot vebmetal.... u have cleared many doubts in my mind. because on the warranty card its written as Premium Sound Solutions with the same pune address.
but the quality is awesome. after all they are into this business since 3 decades.
on the website of premier sound solutions no products are mentioned specifically because they mainly supply to the OEM. and dynamo series is tagged as OEM Philips product.
Old 24th February 2008, 10:41   #52
Senior - BHPian

Wow, impressive basket of companies that D&M Holdings has - Boston Acoustics, Denon, Marantz, McIntosh, ... the latest acquisition being the erstwhile Philips Sound Solutions. Unfortunately, unlike different model lines of a single old company, individual companies of conglomerate do not share a single DNA. So even though one can expect McIntosh and Boston R&D to influence the D&M-PSS products, in practice they wouldn't.

So, they are trying to cash in on Philips name in India!? Must be to get a foothold in the Indian market before pushing in Boston Acoustics as a "premium brand". Good strategy, remains to be seen where they reach - all the best to them. Meanwhile, some people can benefit from their marketing budget largesse.

@amit_mechengg, assuming that you have listened to various brands discussed on TBHP, how would you comparatively place them when you say "the quality is awesome"?

Last edited by DerAlte : 24th February 2008 at 10:44.
Old 24th February 2008, 13:05   #53
Senior - BHPian

I havent heard all the systems and i am not an ICE expert. but what i can make it out was JBL base tube + jbl amplifier/sony amp was awesome.
second the dealer showed me a sony woofer + sony 2 channel amp, cost approx 7000 rs.
then he showed me this philips combo which i have put. i dont know how it sounds in other car. but for my JVC car tape to which i have docked the IPOD, and which does not have a subwoofer controls, it sounds better than sony. i just had a line out rear connectors on my tape. the LPV on the amplifer is gud enough. the woofer is 1300 w and 250 rms. the box is made up of thick particle board with air ducts. the system sound very good at an impressive price of Rs.3950 only.
Old 24th February 2008, 22:23   #54
BHPian

^ Let's have photos then!!
Old 24th February 2008, 23:06   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
^ Let's have photos then!!
ya sure within a day or two. today i went to the same dealer and connected the JVC mp3 player which was 50 X 4 watts against my 45 X 4 watts. i found a bit of difference. again it didnt have a subwoofer out and controls. i am sure it will sound great with players which have a subwoofer out.
Old 24th February 2008, 23:43   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...i am sure it will sound great with players which have a subwoofer out.
Your current setup is good enough, you need not get an HU with a separate sub-out; conversely, with controls set flat, it wouldn't sound any better with an HU with sub-out. You should be able to tune your current system to get max performance.

If you REALLY want an improvement, save up and get an HU that supports Time Alignment, like the Alpine 9887. That will really make a difference.

Pics, pics, pics, pics!!!
Old 25th February 2008, 00:07   #57
Senior - BHPian

Do they have four channel amps in this offer or only 2?
Old 25th February 2008, 00:40   #58
Senior - BHPian

now this thread interests me, i am going to get these philips dynamo series for my pal's alto, but i would first need to check it they are already available in Hyderabad!.

Hyderabadis any info on the place to see, audition and/or purchase these philips dynamos?
Old 25th February 2008, 09:13   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Do they have four channel amps in this offer or only 2?
busa with that price u will get only 2 channel amp. 4 channel will go upto 5200 with same package.
Old 25th February 2008, 09:20   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Your current setup is good enough, you need not get an HU with a separate sub-out; conversely, with controls set flat, it wouldn't sound any better with an HU with sub-out. You should be able to tune your current system to get max performance.

If you REALLY want an improvement, save up and get an HU that supports Time Alignment, like the Alpine 9887. That will really make a difference.

Pics, pics, pics, pics!!!
sorry bro, but i dint get ur point exactly. see what i have done is i have connected the amp to the Rear Line out connector of the HU. The settings are, Bass : Zero, Treble : +3 , Fad : +2 Rear i.e preety flat.
The amp is set to LPV mode and not the full mode. then the subwoofer is bridged to the amp with negative grounded. the tuner which tunes from 0-6 v is somewhat kept in middle of the two so that bass is not too loud.
now what happens is my subwoofer is totally controlled by the volume button on the HU that inturn controls the volume of rear and front speakers. also as my HU is 45 X 4 watts and the line out is 1.5 volts against the pioneer/ sony 50X4 watts and line out 2.5 V , i dont get the complete punch from the woofer it seems. the woofer is very powerfull. its 250 RMS i.e more than the JBL base tube i.e 125 rms.
Gurus please guide me what is to be done. i am not willing to part out with my HU. i love it as i have connected an IPOD to it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks