Team-BHP - DIY Swift Audio Setup.with the help of some friends.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   DIY Swift Audio Setup.with the help of some friends. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/33951-diy-swift-audio-setup-help-some-friends-2.html)

great looking job; wonderful finish!

guess DIY is the way to go!

4 days allowing the box to set - with or without any work, it calls for patience!!!

Great, navpreet, just wonderful. :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by navpreet318 (Post 679228)
well i'm out of it.
i don't want people picking up fights over my visible wires.
lol
yaar competetion in india i have always seen is that people start throwing **** at other people instead of improving their own setups.

agree: it will be great if people see competitions as a way of self improvement by benchmarking against like minded peers!

but is this restricted to India?

Must be your innate sense of quality and excellence that has driven you, @navpreet. I didn't believe it was DIY till I read your text/description.

Fantastic job.

well i actually have to rephrase it.

it happens every where.

even in biking communities abroad its very common.

lol we are going seriously OT.

lets get back to my backslapping shall we.

well incase anyone's wondering how can a DIY include cutting of a one inch MDF board-well i even bought a jig-saw for it.makes life very simple.

another thing people.the speakers are supported by a 1 inch mdf ring behind them.serving 2 purposes.
1.supporting the speaker.
2.tightening the door panel from that area to stop it from vibrating.

also the box has nearly no nails in it.just maybe 10 in the whole box.it is completely made up using screws.this i learnt seeing gunbir's installations.and it makes the box more sturdier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navpreet318 (Post 679228)
well i'm out of it.
i don't want people picking up fights over my visible wires.
lol

Nice install. Good DIY. Congrats.

Fix one more ply above the amps to have a flush mounted look and the wires are gone!

well the wires are so sexy i wouldn't want to hide them.they really are my prized possession.hehe

Nice DIY. I love when people DIY.

But I would like to see the front speaker install pic if you can do them.

Nice install, Navpreet. Very good for DIY.

well you want to see the the spacer ring installed? will do it soon.but after i come back from auto expo.as i'm leaving for delhi today or tomorrow.

to explain it in words.i cut off the stock grill using my army knife.it got cut like butter.then i installed a 1" mdf spacer ring using allen bolts(i know you love them..hehe)
then the panel was installed on the door.then the speaker and the grill were mounted over it.the speaker screws go through the panel into the mdf ring making it very secure.
sounds good and looks good too.

How do you feel after damping the car ? Does it approach a Camry or what ?

i couldn't get what you meant by approach a camry.

well if you mean effect of damping.well as you must know that the swift uses very very thin sheet metal.lots of damping has made the doors close with a very nice thud though.it feels good.moreover the sound of the car had become better. the bass from the from speakers has become better.its become tighter.i have tried to seal the door to the best of my abilities.and it has improved the sound a lot.

obviously you can never achieve the quality of a thick sheet metal however much you damp the car.
cars with thick sheet metal rarely need damping for preventing sheet vibrations.

Hi Navpreet,

Very nicely done indeed. Its one of the best DIY setups here. Proves that you can do anything well if you put your heart and soul into it. :thumbs up

BTW, How's the sub sounding now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by navpreet318 (Post 679568)
well you want to see the the spacer ring installed? will do it soon.but after i come back from auto expo.as i'm leaving for delhi today or tomorrow.

to explain it in words.i cut off the stock grill using my army knife.it got cut like butter.then i installed a 1" mdf spacer ring using allen bolts(i know you love them..hehe)
then the panel was installed on the door.then the speaker and the grill were mounted over it.the speaker screws go through the panel into the mdf ring making it very secure.
sounds good and looks good too.

Some what like this...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/629722-post930.html

hi navpreet,

congrats on an excellent install. it looks professional. good job.

would like to ask a few things.

how did you set the gains?

have you used a 4g wire through out? like from the battery to the distribution block till the amps?

you had the sony amp pehle se or you bought it for this install?

can we have a review of the kenwood amplifier? is it powerful enough for the components?

cheers
clip

cheers
clip