Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2008, 08:56   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
And regarding the burgers, I had tried that trick once and the bugger didn't bulge. You may try too. Or you can resort to his own special emotional blackmailing. But all for the HU only. Forget the tube.
Zakko, please tell me you meant budge and not bulge. lol.

Congrats Souljah on the ICE. nice Install work by BR.
Old 19th February 2008, 11:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some reptiles forget what happened around them when they're busy sinking themselves into Zingers and Maharajas (the latter doesn't digest well in some reptile's stomach either).

I also offered him a Pioneer DvD HU if he allows me to keep this. But sometimes, he talks sense and said no!
Zak bhai, if nothing works out with the reptile let me know. I know a certain vulnerable fibroid from Pune with the same HU. Its as easy as going to Grand, getting him drunk and walking away with it.
Old 19th February 2008, 17:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Just had a brief fiddle with the 9830. Am I correct in thinking that with the DEFEAT mode on, the EQ setting are disabled?

Also when I enter the USER menu and make changes to Band 1/2/3/4 how do I save that. Zak, I need a crash course.

The PDF for the 9830 would be soooo good
Old 19th February 2008, 18:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Souljah, finally Snowflake gets ICEd. Now stop wasting money on all this ICE-VICE, you know what next dont you

Reptile getting a VDi, that means we will have the first Swift Diesel running on Advan Neova's
Old 19th February 2008, 18:31   #35
BHPian

Congrats Souljah..for IcE ing your suzie UP...I would love to enjoy the music from her p (All about Illusion to be precise) .SO when is it happening?
Old 19th February 2008, 18:39   #36
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Busa+Roopak.

Anyone who wants to audition is free to drop by my office at Infantry road. Im there on the weekends till 8pm too so gimme a shout!
Old 19th February 2008, 19:00   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Just had a brief fiddle with the 9830. Am I correct in thinking that with the DEFEAT mode on, the EQ setting are disabled?
Also when I enter the USER menu and make changes to Band 1/2/3/4 how do I save that. Zak, I need a crash course.
When DEFEAT is turned on, all the equalizer/boost settings at the HU level is automatically turned off. HU will give a clean output as is from the CD. That's what the DEFEAT feature is for.

After you make the desired changes in the equalizer/user menu and before you exit, you have to long press one of the preset buttons from 1 - 6. You'll get a confirmation beep once it is stored.

Quote:
The PDF for the 9830 would be soooo good
Here you go!
Online User Manual and Guide for Alpine CDA-9830 CD Player by FixYa, Page #1
User Manual: ALPINE MP3 Player OWNER'S MANUAL CDA-9831, CDA-9830 (This site will need you to be a registered member for you to download the manuals. Just try and see how easy it is!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Zak bhai, if nothing works out with the reptile let me know. I know a certain vulnerable fibroid from Pune with the same HU. Its as easy as going to Grand, getting him drunk and walking away with it.
Fibroid works on unlimited amounts of alcohol in his blood. I thought he acts sane once the level of alcohol in his blood is maintained. Anyway, I thought he has a 9835 in his possession now!
This speedrun is going to be fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Zakko, please tell me you meant budge and not bulge. lol.
For the uninitiated, it is always a BULGE!!!!
Old 19th February 2008, 19:34   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hey, congrats! That setup should be great!

Do post up your listening experience once you're done. Cheers!
Old 19th February 2008, 20:00   #39
Team-BHP Support

Souljah, you shouldn't get it bright even with Defeat "OFF". There is something wrong probably in your tweeter polarity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Quote:
Fibroid works on unlimited amounts of alcohol in his blood. I thought he acts sane once the level of alcohol in his blood is maintained. Anyway, I thought he has a 9835 in his possession now!
This speedrun is going to be fun!
Oi fellows, what is all this, are you guys drinking behind my back? Me no talks to anyone. Where is the HU in my car?
Old 19th February 2008, 21:04   #40
Senior - BHPian

Just to clear things up it is not insanely bright anymore, that was only in the beginning for few mins.

Thanks Zak I got the PDF a back(google zindabad) studying Page 16/17

Tweeter polarity was checked at the time of install but maybe it is the suspect will see over the weekend.
Old 22nd February 2008, 15:45   #41
NIP
Senior - BHPian

hey rudh !! congrats on your setup dude ! will definitely give you a buzz and check out the new sound. boom !
Old 24th February 2008, 10:57   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For the uninitiated, it is always a BULGE!!!!
Lol!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Souljah, you shouldn't get it bright even with Defeat "OFF". There is something wrong probably in your tweeter polarity.
Quote:
Tweeter polarity was checked at the time of install but maybe it is the suspect will see over the weekend.
Im beginning to think there is a problem here, will need to take a look soon. There's also some turn off noise which is being picked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
hey rudh !! congrats on your setup dude ! will definitely give you a buzz and check out the new sound. boom !
Sure thing. Bring some test CD's
Old 26th February 2008, 16:33   #43
BHPian

I had a chance to audition the ICE on Souljah's car last week. I really liked the install and choice of equipment resulting in the setup sounding perfect. I did not think the Illusion components could handle such high volumes but they did so without jarring or skipping a beat. The mids were very clear and the Bass was sounding quite tight with the Blau BassTube but Souljah has plans to go in for a Ground Zero sub. Would love to audition it again after that.

Quote:
Just to clear things up it is not insanely bright anymore
Yes, now it is not bright at all. It is just right.

I like the way Souljah has gone through the whole process in a phased manner. Nice job Souljah and Satya.
Old 26th February 2008, 22:36   #44
BHPian

s0uljah, the speakers will sound better by the day.. and once they've opened up well, its nirvana!

Also, maintain good hygiene for your ears.. Clean them with Johnson&Johnson (no other brand) ear buds and grease your ears with sunflower oil before sleeping or use a few drops of soliwax (available at any medical store). This will enhance your listening experience!

Old 26th February 2008, 23:26   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
Also, maintain good hygiene for your ears.. Clean them with Johnson&Johnson (no other brand) ear buds and grease your ears with sunflower oil before sleeping or use a few drops of soliwax (available at any medical store). This will enhance your listening experience!
OT, If you want Soliwax for free please let me know I have a carton full of it somewhere.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks