Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

Aww ... Just Brilliant mate !!

The HU, & Leather seats look damn good on the Cedia. Has me wondering that why do people not buy the Cedia in Big Numbers. Such a fantastic looker it is.
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

Lovely interiors mav. Real high quality stuff. Congrats! You're ICE setup is pretty impressive too. Enjoy the music! I may have missed this, but what size are those front comps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
just dont go to stanley while the work is going on
Why?? I love seeing the work in progress!
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:33   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Lovely interiors mav. Real high quality stuff. Congrats! You're ICE setup is pretty impressive too. Enjoy the music! I may have missed this, but what size are those front comps?

Why?? I love seeing the work in progress!
Hi there razor. the front comps are 6 1/2 inch EFX. i went to stanley while they were doing the work and the car was completly stripped including seats center box, door pads etc etc. the best part was i had not even taken delivery of the car when this happened and had it sent straight from the showroom to stanley and took delivery the next day, so was quite shocked when i saw the car like this. its the same feeling u have when u have to cut metal to fit in the speakers in your brand new car.
Old 3rd April 2008, 13:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

Somehow I love seeing the setup come together slowly, from a stripped down state to the pimped version!
Have fun, and post some more pics if you can.
Old 3rd April 2008, 13:32   #35
Senior - BHPian

I really liked the whole system as such. Plus the color of the car is also awesome. Congrats and enjoy your music
Old 3rd April 2008, 16:26   #36
BHPian

Some more pics:
Cedia ICE'd-03042008068-large.jpg

This is of the JBL 4 channel amp under the passenger front seat

Cedia ICE'd-03042008069-large.jpg

Side view of the car

Cedia ICE'd-03042008071-large.jpg

Front side view of the car

Cedia ICE'd-03042008065-large.jpg

EFX comp, just the tweeter

Thanks for all the wishes

mav2000
Old 3rd April 2008, 22:54   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Do you ever have anything positive to say? Your post has absolutely nothing to do with this poor fellows ICE install, on which he spent (presumably) his hard-earned money. Instead of appreciating it, you're on about how you're now flaccid. I'm surprised you haven't mentioned your junkindica here yet.

FYI, Navin keeps mentioning FLAC all the time. It's the only place I've ever heard of it, the ICE section.
Have you been religiously keeping track of all my posts. I am flattered. Do you ever find anything positive in any of the posts here? IF you look with a negative mindset you will find all posts negative too.
My post has everything to do with his install as I am trying to cajole him into hearing good source material after spending so much hard earned money on his car audio system. Its like buying a high strung turbo charged car and never ever going anywhere close to its red line for concerns on fuel costs or other such reasons. I have not mentioned the Junkindica here because it would be way off topic with the noise it makes. You would do well to read up on compressed music and I mean it in earnest. The young crowd here should not miss out on GODS gift before its too late. Rest is up to you.
Bye and wear your seat belts
Old 3rd April 2008, 23:16   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
Good points drpullockaran.

Anyways,

1) Do you think it's right to assume that this guy is going to use ONLY and ONLY iPods considering the USB/iPod supporting headunit that he has got?

2) Many people here use good quality software like 320kbps CBR/VBR only. Most will use Audio CD's only. Hell, some even have headunits installed that will read ONLY and ONLY Audio Cd's.

3) Please point me to a good .FLAC reading player under 10k.

4) I'm sure you have gone through this thread already. Right? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...s-mp3-etc.html
Watch the graph and the roll off from 0dB. Imagine the amount of music many of you young guys are missing. Oldies like me won't be missing much.
MP3' Tech - An Examination Of The Correlation Between Perceived Sound Quality And Frequency Response Of Current MPEG Audio Encoders

Audio CD themselves are a partially compressed( even if they claim otherwise) version of original tape audio.
Bye and wear your seat belts.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 3rd April 2008 at 23:24.
Old 3rd April 2008, 23:26   #39
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the pictures. I love Cedia!!
Old 3rd April 2008, 23:36   #40
BHPian

.flac harware players

Quote:
Good points drpullockaran.

Anyways,

1) Do you think it's right to assume that this guy is going to use ONLY and ONLY iPods considering the USB/iPod supporting headunit that he has got?

2) Many people here use good quality software like 320kbps CBR/VBR only. Most will use Audio CD's only. Hell, some even have headunits installed that will read ONLY and ONLY Audio Cd's.

3) Please point me to a good .FLAC reading player under 10k.

4) I'm sure you have gone through this thread already. Right? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...s-mp3-etc.html
FLAC - links
FLAC - faq
Halfbakery: Compact Disc DVD-ROM portable audio player

Old 4th April 2008, 00:52   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Oldies like me won't be missing much.
Ahhh.....Envy.

Quote:
Audio CD themselves are a partially compressed( even if they claim otherwise) version of original tape audio.
Tut Tut. Bad Audio. Very bad.
So a good Tape player is the way out then? What are the "oldies" using to not miss out on any ounce of music in their cars?

Thanks for the links and refreshing my memory Sir.
So, any luck yet finding a .FLAC player under Rs.10k? Or maybe 15?..

Quote:
Ji Sir. Sure will keep that in mind always.
Old 4th April 2008, 01:07   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Watch the graph and the roll off from 0dB. Imagine the amount of music many of you young guys are missing. Oldies like me won't be missing much.
MP3' Tech - An Examination Of The Correlation Between Perceived Sound Quality And Frequency Response Of Current MPEG Audio Encoders

[OFFTOPIC]
By tapes I hope yu mean DATs of the original master. Consumer magnetic tapes have SNR and dynamic range lower than even 128kbps mp3. Records on good turntables sound great I agree but when prices are not astronomical (read below 5000$), a good CD Player will absolutely murder a turntable of similar costs.

The compression you talk about is because of poor quality mastering/sound engineering of certain "pop music". In a quest to make CDs louder and louder, record labels have made terribly mastered CDs with very little dynamic range. It has got nothing to do with the CD media itself.
[/OFFTOPIC]
Old 4th April 2008, 07:04   #43
BHPian

Why not scour the internet for normal hearing loss?

Quote:
Ahhh.....Envy.

Tut Tut. Bad Audio. Very bad.
So a good Tape player is the way out then? What are the "oldies" using to not miss out on any ounce of music in their cars?

Above 40 years of age there will be very few people who hear above 15000hz so the source material would not matter much as far as frequency response is concerned. The oldies can't do much about it as hearing loss is gradual and permanent. Have a test done and you will see what I mean.
Hearing Loss: Does Gender Play a Role?
from Medscape General Medicine™
Sensory Presbycusis

Noise-induced hearing loss. Aging and noise exposure are the key factors implicated. The normal range of human hearing is 20 to 20,000Hz, with an upper limit of 10,000 by about the sixth decade. The range for human speech is 500 to 3000Hz. Exposure to excessive noise results in damage that impedes hearing at all frequencies above 4000Hz. An average daily noise exposure over 20 to 40 years to sound intensity of 90dBA (decibels on the A scale), as in some industrial settings, may result in a permanent pure-tone threshold shift beginning at 3000 to 4000Hz. We experience sounds ranging from 30dB (a soft whisper) to 14dB (a gunshot blast or a jet engine). Conversational speech is approximately 66dB.[7] Occupational noise is the most common source of excessive noise. However, personal leisure activities, such as listening to music and sporting events, are also of importance.A rapidly increasing prevalence of hearing loss has been identified in women 45 to 64 years of age,[1] which probably represents an increase in noise-induced hearing loss. Gates and colleagues[12] studied a cohort of women in the 1980s who had worked in factories during World War II and found that 40% of the women had an audiometric pure-tone threshold "notch" at 4000 or 6000Hz--the classic audiometric sign of noise-induced hearing loss. The association between the classic audiometric findings of noise-induced hearing loss and prior work in factories is suggested but cannot be proven since a noise-exposure history was not sought and documented in this cohort of women.

Read the post by Reign of chaos he has understood the tech I am talking about.

Thanks for the links and refreshing my memory Sir.
So, any luck yet finding a .FLAC player under Rs.10k? Or maybe 15?..

The portable players in the link are way less than Rs 15000/- and they do decode .flac not that I am a proponent of .flac algorithm.

Ji Sir. Sure will keep that in mind always.
Bye and wear your seat belts as you have mentioned especially if you have a car with airbags.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 4th April 2008 at 07:07. Reason: The link is not working for the forum and hence copy and paste.
Old 4th April 2008, 07:31   #44
BHPian

Read the article it will open your eyes.

The article will open your eyes and make you sit up but we cannot do much about hearing loss. Enjoy music without frequency roll off while you can.

Listening and Hearing
http://www.hei.org/news/facts/nihlfact.htm

Get an audiogram and you will know I am not joking.
SAFE SOUND LEVELS:
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) guidelines are stated in terms of the maximum time that you can safely be exposed to different time-weighted averages (TWAs) of sound pressure on a daily basis over a 40-year period.
TWA Decibel Levels Max. Exposure
85 dB . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8 hours
88 dB . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4 hours
91 dB. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. 2 hours
94 dB . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 hour
97 dB . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 30 minutes
100 dB . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 15 minutes
103 dB . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7-1/2 minutes
106 dB . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3-3/4 minutes

A rock music concert has a dB level above 105dB; go figure.

Old 4th April 2008, 07:41   #45
BHPian

Please check out the graph.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/12/te...gy/12ring.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks