Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2008, 08:23   #46
Senior - BHPian

Dear Mav, your post is fully hijacked. But, let me add, your car looks great, very well done. Why don't you add on a sub and monoblock (Here we go again).
Old 4th April 2008, 08:26   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
The portable players in the link are way less than Rs 15000/- and they do decode .flac not that I am a proponent of .flac algorithm.
Right. So the idea is to input the audio signal from these players into the HeadUnit instead of the iPod. Hmmmm.....

Thanks for all the links.

The singers which I love listening to are mostly with me in ACD format. The iPod also carries 320kbps rips of these files.
I'm still curious, though, to know what the "Oldies" suggest the Younger generation for using in their cars so that they are not missing out on music? Even the ACD is compressed. So something better than that then?
Old 4th April 2008, 10:03   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
I'm still curious, though, to know what the "Oldies" suggest the Younger generation for using in their cars so that they are not missing out on music? Even the ACD is compressed. So something better than that then?
If you can tinker with Rockbox or Foopod you might get lossless (foorbar, wavpack, etc) to work on your ipod.

as far as Oldies suggestions I guess it depends. I listen to popular music and blues from the 60s and 70s and my wife listens to jazz.
Old 4th April 2008, 10:27   #49
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new install mate! Great looking car too!
Old 4th April 2008, 10:28   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Dear Mav, your post is fully hijacked. But, let me add, your car looks great, very well done. Why don't you add on a sub and monoblock (Here we go again).

Hi Dino, yeah i guess the post is hijacked but thanks anyways for staying on the topic. i initially thought of putting in rear coaxials and a sub with a seperate amp, but taking my taste of music into consideration, i did not go ahead with that setup. I think I have enough thump with the polks at the back as it is. i prefer slightly warm sounding music with some depth. I dont like too much Bass, but thats my personal preference. Thanks anyways, but no more $$$$ on my ICE for now.
Old 4th April 2008, 22:47   #51
BHPian

Audio CD is your best bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
Right. So the idea is to input the audio signal from these players into the HeadUnit instead of the iPod. Hmmmm.....

Thanks for all the links.

The singers which I love listening to are mostly with me in ACD format. The iPod also carries 320kbps rips of these files.
An audio CD is the absolute minimum for car audio for the younger generation but sadly there is nothing better in the Indian market as I do not know of DVD audio equipment being available for car audio here. If it is available and you could afford it; jump onto to it as it would be the difference between normal Indian broadcast television and 1080p video.

All these recommendations are for the younger generation and the "oldies" here can make do with even 160kbps compressed .mp3 audio as we do not hear anything above 14000-16000hz anyways. Its a fact of nature and we cannot do anything about it.

Bye and wear your seat belts.
Old 8th September 2008, 16:08   #52
BHPian

Hi guys,

So as you all know from the beginning of this thread, this is the setup in car:

1. HU Pioneer 6050 - attached to my ipod
2. Rear Speakers - Polk Audio 691 6X9
3. Front - EFX HDX 67 components
4. Amp - 4 channel JBL GTO 504
5. Wiring - Scosche 440 watts amp wiring kit and speaker cables

Now after using this for sometime, I feel that I am not able to get a good soundstage upfront even after turing the fader to +5 fronts. So I had a chat with Blueraven, and he feels that this is becasue the EFX are not able to keep up with the 691's at the rear, and probably should look to upgrade to better front comps. Now the idea has been planted in my mind and am looking at what would work here. These are the comps he has suggested as of now:

1. Polk Momo's 6.5 Inch
2. JBL P series 6.5 inch

Have checked out a pair of nakamichis also. Since all are in the price band of Rs. 10k-12k would love your feedbck on this and also any other comps that you may think is suitable for this setup. I am more of a rock and bollywood music person, so please do keep that in mind. Thanks a ton.
Old 8th September 2008, 16:25   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
1. Polk Momo's 6.5 Inch
2. JBL P series 6.5 inch
I would favor the JBL Power Series. Try and listen to a set if possible.
Old 8th September 2008, 17:06   #54
BHPian

dude-why dont you go for illusion EL 6.1 series.They give some serious sound,and they are very good VFM and almost out-do everybody in its class. i would suggest:-
1.illusion electra EL 6.1
2.hertz
both these components are priced between 6-7k

if you have a hi-budget then you should definitely go for Rainbow or Image Dynamics.

O.T-most of the pune BHPians have illusion components and the remaining guys are planning to go for them as well
Old 9th September 2008, 09:53   #55
BHPian

Hi paddy, thanks for the reply. are the Illusions very bright, any more specs that I can get on these.Will they be able to over the rear bias? Thanks.
Old 9th September 2008, 11:02   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Hi paddy, thanks for the reply. are the Illusions very bright, any more specs that I can get on these.Will they be able to over the rear bias? Thanks.

Illusions are not bright at all, but it will not serve the purpose you trying to serve. If you need something as loud as a 6X9 then the better choice would be an Illusion Lucent.
Also the JBL power series is a beast of a speaker, it being a 2 Ohm speaker will churn more power also from your amp compared to the other 4 Ohm speaker options.
The new Hertz Energy series also is good, but it sounds louder than entry level comps, I personally don't like the sound as it is not very defined. However that does not mean it does not sound good. It's just not in par with a Power series JBL.
Old 12th September 2008, 14:45   #57
BHPian

Yeah its quite nice and pretty comfortable, have a small issue with it and need to go back to stanley to get it fixed, but will do that probably next month.
Old 12th September 2008, 15:27   #58
Senior - BHPian

mav, quick question about your iPod connection to the HU. What is the cable connection like?
Is it HU -> CD connector cable -> USB-iPod connector cable -> iPod ?
There isn't any direct HU -> iPod cable for these Pio HUs, is there?

I'm having some trouble hooking up my iPod to my newly acquired Pio 4050 HU. Keep getting a "N/A USB" error code.
Old 12th September 2008, 16:10   #59
BHPian

Hi, I had got a cable with the pio 6090 which is like a usb docking port, any usb device will fit into it. I have docked the white ipod cable to this to which is finally connected the ipod. Pretty straight forward if you ask me and works really well.
Old 14th September 2008, 18:05   #60
BHPian

stanley

Mav can you please provide the contact details/adress from wher you got the satnley in Banglore?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks