Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2008, 18:28   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi
Yes, I had suggested that as an alternative location since I thought it would be space saving and stealth. But I had not forced on it. I just proposed the idea without knowing its future consequences. Somehow I felt that if it was wrong, the installer should have not gone ahead with it and should have told me so.
Maybe he himself does not know the consequences since he has not done it before, and perhaps always uses the more tried and tested method.

I'm not just saying this with reference to your case, but this is generally true: Sometimes, dealers are offended when a customer suggests impractical/ unusual/ non-standard things. They will just go ahead and do as you said since you cant come back and really catch their necks for it. Plus, the eagerness to do astounding work and give great advice naturally diminishes based on how much money the installer stands to earn from the sale. This does not just depend on the budget of the system, lot of other factors. Some may think my views are very lofty, but this is 100% true. And more so with "big", "reputed" installers.

Quote:
Lets not take names on a public forum sir - your guess is as good as mine. Remember we had discussed this also at your office the other day?
Of course, no sweat.

Quote:
And am also waiting for your reply to my SMS yesterday!!
Since your system is already installed, how is it relevant?
Old 24th July 2008, 18:32   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post

Since your system is already installed, how is it relevant?
Nahi - not true, its only partially installed. Subwoofer is pending. Also, I am not completely happy with the install so would like to get it re-done
Old 24th July 2008, 19:48   #63
BHPian

dude if the installer wasnt Boom. please do go to him for the reinstall.hes done my amp rock solid with the mdf board. be sure to use mohan and if Ajay can spare shafique to build you a side mounting board -his way is rock solid do. check out how hes done B's smaller Steg on his swift
btw whats the equipment?
Old 24th July 2008, 22:18   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
dude if the installer wasnt Boom. please do go to him for the reinstall.hes done my amp rock solid with the mdf board. be sure to use mohan and if Ajay can spare shafique to build you a side mounting board -his way is rock solid do. check out how hes done B's smaller Steg on his swift
btw whats the equipment?
Installer was not Boom. Equipment - Pioneer 5050, Illusion Electra 6.1 and Blaupunkt GTA4 MKII

Do you have any trouble with the amp on the rear seat? Imean does it interfere with any suitcase/luggage? Or do youface any problems in case you have to fold down the rear seat?
Old 25th July 2008, 00:59   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Installer was not Boom. Equipment - Pioneer 5050, Illusion Electra 6.1 and Blaupunkt GTA4 MKII

Do you have any trouble with the amp on the rear seat? Imean does it interfere with any suitcase/luggage? Or do youface any problems in case you have to fold down the rear seat?
no trouble in loading a suitcase if amp in loaded onto a corner on the steeper side of the slope(since no suitcase would reach there nway.)

yes if youre planning on folding the seats and using the space then there may be a bit of a problem.
i can understand your concern since the getz seats double fold.
i can understand why you choose the boot sides.however if it were done the way B has done his swift you would not have any problems.
Shafique was his installer and he used MDF bolted with L brackets ( i would assume) so theres no screwing onto the thin fibre sides which would offer a crappy mount as it has happpened in your case

Alternatively you may also try the under the seat amp.
use and mdf board between the carpet and the metal base of the car .
then screw on the amp through the carpet and the MDF sheet.
overheating and dust is not a huge problem as people make it out to be.
Old 10th August 2008, 17:46   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Any pics of the same ?
Hi LBM/Gunbir,
Here are the install pics of the amplifier. Let me know your thoughts on how to solve the rattling issue or to relocate the amp.6x9 speakers and amplifier question-pics-074.jpg6x9 speakers and amplifier question-pics-073.jpg
Old 10th August 2008, 19:47   #67
BHPian

man if those are self taping screws directly screwed onto the fibre on the side of the boot the whole god damn thing is gonna come off some day let alone the rattles.
what you need is an MDF board that can be bolted down with the metallic base of the car boot.
then the amp needs to be mounted on that.
why dont you get in touch with shafique who did bhagwans install.
he may be a little expensive but then you will hav rock solid work

However the easiest way is loading the board and amp on the back seat. though i understand that you will loose the option of double folding your seat
Old 12th October 2008, 21:42   #68
BHPian

Didn't Wanted to start a new thread.
I have a couple of questions before finally finally geting things installed in my Adventure. The car has stock wiring for four speakers. I have Blaupunkt MP47 HU and Blaupunkt THC662 components in front already installed, and I plan to get a four channel amp (Blaupunkt GTA 4 special MKII or Kenwood 8401), 12" Sub (Bull Audio) and 4" or 5" coaxials as rear fillers. I will connect the front components with two channels of amp and bridge the remaining two for Sub. Now the queries are

1) Same query as of Nishant, where to Install the Amp? My only worry is, I don't want to pierce the metallic frame of car. Also as a option there are four Hooks installed into the cars boot, at all the four corners of four, aproxiamtely making a rectanagle of 1 meter by 1.5 meter. So although it sound like a jugaad, but what if I put the Amp in middle of this rectangle and tie the amp screwing holes to all four hooks with strings.

2) Is Sub-Woofer Enclosure also bolted down with car floor, or is it just put freely there? The Boot of my car is huge, so I doubt that it can roll over during occasional harsh braking or turning.

3) Now Initially i wanted a sealed enclosure, but seeing the boot of my car, i guess it won't suffice and a ported enclosure would be a better choice. My taste regarding Bass is, it should be as original as it is in the track, the Sub shouldn't overshadow the other frequencies. My perception of Ported and Sealed Enclosure is based on a article
Car Audio - by Sparky3489@yahoo.com . Kindly correct if me I am wrong here.

4) Approx How much will wiring cost?

5) The specs of Kenwood 8401 and Blaupunkt GTA4 special MKII are almost identical. Both are avaibale in 5-6K bracket. Only kenwood is available in grey at this price and Blaupunkt with B&W. So I am unable to understand why Kenwood 8401 is overhyped. is there any feature worth enough to drop Blaupunkt.

I have abudget of 15K, so If some money is saved, then I would prefer to do some noise dampening done of front doors.
So gyani gurujano, please clarify these queries and suggest few solutions.
Old 12th October 2008, 23:57   #69
BHPian

1. mount the amp on an MDF board that is screwed on well onto the back of the rear seat.
ICER's on tbhp here dont like juggad

2. Sub woofers in small hatches are generally not bolted down, however you can do that or use l brackets to screw them to the back of the rear seats

3. the article on subs is good.However please read threads here to get the concept clear.
Subs in sealed boxs generally produce controlled bass that is not too loud(compared to ported).if you say you want accurate bass reproduction that doesnt overshadow other frequencies please go for a sealed box rather than ported.
it would be advsable if you can audition a sealed box and a ported box before you decide

4.Decent power wire 150-175rs/metre-you would need about 8-9m,Decent rca wire 350-800rs/pc,decent speaker wire 35-100rs / metre

5.kenwood and Blaupunkt have slightly differnt sound signatures.Both are good choices.Audition and decide
Old 13th October 2008, 10:48   #70
BHPian

The best place to put the amp is under the front seats. It saves space and most people don't generally change the settings once its in place. The back seat would make sense if you were going to make changes to the sound. IMO take all you can with B&W it always makes sense.
SUB's in ported boxes have an extension in the lower frequencies. that is basis box and port tuning. these have to be matched right with the sub to get the best effect. Typically its easiest to get a sealed box matching the sub's volumetric requirement. Sealed boxes have excellent reproduction as is. Selection however is best left to you and your preference. most of my friends with hatches haven't bolted down subs. The box itself is typically enough to hold it in place or you can use the L brackets like magma recommended.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks