Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2008, 13:44   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
The only other option is to place the JM Labs BE woofers [small ones] in multiple enclosures to re-enforce the bass !!!!
You sure need that boot space of yours !!
Yes, I suggest that Navin use 6 of those subs in push-pull config to reduce enclosure volume to merely that of the drivers. MRP of each sub = Rs. 98000/- Total expenditure on subwoofer drivers alone = Rs. 585000/- post discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
but will the I-10 sub be adequate for the Octy?
It goes very loud when turned up. Much louder than what your tastes would permit.

Quote:
We could make 15" woofers in an isobarik sealed clamp shell. The problem if any, will be the amplifier to frive it. We will have to go for very very powerful amplifiers. I like the Audison for that.
I did not understand the reference to Audison as a very very powerful amplifier. Do you find power lacking in any of your setups in view of the rated power?

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 9th April 2008 at 13:46.
Old 9th April 2008, 13:48   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Why not Removable ?

The box volume is not dependent on me

Does your HU have TA ?
Becuase I dont want to go through the excercise of removing the box every time we travel.

no what we have to do is figure out what box voume we have and then source woofers that can work within that. I do agree that NdFeB woofers a la Lucent are the best option. I tried making a clam shell with 2 Infinity woofers and the magnet of the outer woofer would not let the trunk close properly.

I use a 9835, it has TA.
Old 9th April 2008, 14:01   #63
BHPian

Audison makes good amps !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I did not understand the reference to Audison as a very very powerful amplifier. Do you find power lacking in any of your setups in view of the rated power?
Sir,

We have Stegs already installed & no one seems to be using Audison in Mumbai. Hence the 'moderator' could start & we all could audition it !!!

Tha is all that I wanted to get done.
The Stegs seem to have more power that what I need !!

Quote:
I use a 9835, it has TA.
Old but very good. I like this HU a lot. It is a work horse. It is the same in my wife's I-10 !!!
Old 9th April 2008, 14:23   #64
Senior - BHPian

I think you need to be very carefull with the Stegs they are quite underrated for what they can produce.
Old 9th April 2008, 19:57   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I think you need to be very carefull with the Stegs they are quite underrated for what they can produce.
LBM,

Do the Steg amps come with a birth sheet? Or Do you have any info on the web you could point me to? Or are you assuming? Don't take me wrong, i would really like to know. If b&t can help with the details, it would be great

cheers
clip
Old 9th April 2008, 20:35   #66
Senior - BHPian

Critical of everything LBM says, aren't we?

Let me ask you a couple of questions.

What relevance does the birth sheet have with any part of your question?

What exactly makes you doubt his statement except your assumption that he is assuming? Do you think otherwise? Would be great to know your views.
Old 9th April 2008, 21:17   #67
BHPian

bhailog please om shanti om.i hope we are NOT getting into some serious arguments
Old 9th April 2008, 21:25   #68
BHPian

Quote:

Let me ask you a couple of questions.

What relevance does the birth sheet have with any part of your question?

What exactly makes you doubt his statement except your assumption that he is assuming? Do you think otherwise? Would be great to know your views.
B&T,

Even if it were you, i would have asked the same question.

A birth sheet if im not wrong gives the tested output power, accuracy of the filters etc etc. Since he said the amps are underrated, i wanted to know how much.

Im not doubting his statement. im merely asking how he knew the amps are underrated.

No offence bro

cheers
Old 9th April 2008, 21:29   #69
Senior - BHPian

There is a birth certificate for amplifiers?
WOW!
Old 9th April 2008, 23:37   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ajay Bhai now I am used to it as I am the most inexperienced one here

Clipto I had a Alpine 545 4 channel amp it had a birth certificate with it. It was rated 125 x 4 but at the certificate it was written 169 rms watts.

Maybe it was true but I found that Steg which is rated at 80 watts was more louder and cleaner when compared to Alpine hence the statement .
Old 10th April 2008, 11:18   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
... A birth sheet if im not wrong gives the tested output power,
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
There is a birth certificate for amplifiers? WOW!
@clipto has translated the Hindi term "janam patri" ("jataka"; chart of the position of astral elements at the time of birth) to "birth sheet". "Birth certificate" is not the same, though under the circumstances that is the correct term to use for the "Final Test Certificate" given by many electronics manufacturers.
Old 10th April 2008, 12:06   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333
A birth sheet if im not wrong gives the tested output power, accuracy of the filters etc etc. Since he said the amps are underrated, i wanted to know how much.
I really still don't get the connection between a birth sheet and the amp being over or underrated.

If you buy an amp rated at 100 x 2 and you get a birth sheet saying, 125 x 2, I suppose you mean to say that you would be excited to buy an "underrated" amp. Within certain parameters, I would perhaps refuse to accept the amp or write off the birth sheet as a gimmick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333
Im not doubting his statement. im merely asking how he knew the amps are underrated.
Because of common sense.
Old 10th April 2008, 12:14   #73
BHPian

What is the differance ???

Gentlemen, I am a bit 'lost'

I fail to understand the direcion of this;;;

When a person buys a 'Steg / Audison' etc. kind of an amplifier, he is doing so for the 'quality of the product' & the 'quality od sound it produces'
If it has to become a 'mine is bigger than yours' excercise, then go and buy any amplifier [soundstream] that has some mad power output rating & some ever greater THD etc.

I am going off tangent now; sorry !!

My point it, this is a 'good wine'
Serve it in an appropriate decanter, let it breath, get the right glass etc. Basically enjoy the experiance. It is not about the 'Alcohol Content' !!

We are discussing SQ here - not SPL. In SPL yes, power rating etc is important. Not in an SQ car !!!

Old 10th April 2008, 12:19   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Total expenditure on subwoofer drivers alone = Rs. 585000/- post discount.
So now you want me to sell my wife's car so I can ICE mine? Just you wait till you get married then you'll know the true meaning of that word.

Quote:
It goes very loud when turned up. Much louder than what your tastes would permit.
B&T, youve seen my sub install. I'd like to stuff a clam-shell in the same space. The assumption being that the sub would have better definition than my existing sub.

Quote:
I really still don't get the connection between a birth sheet and the amp being over or underrated..
Stop it guys or I'm gonna have to call the amp's mom.
Old 10th April 2008, 13:29   #75
BHPian

You have heard both !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
B&T, youve seen my sub install. I'd like to stuff a clam-shell in the same space. The assumption being that the sub would have better definition than my existing sub.
Sir,

You [Navin] should be the best Judge !!
a] You are the 'M' [hence knowing all] !!!
b] You have heard both.

Hence, who else can decide what has better definition;

If what you have it better, stick to it.
If you are of the opinion that the I-10 had 'better bass' & the 'defination' was better, go for a 'new install'

It is very simple sir; you are to list and live with it.
What sound better to your ears is important. What B & T or 'B' thinks is of zero importance. You need to be convinced @ your end !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks