Old 2nd March 2015, 05:06   #122
BHPian

Re: The Top ICE Amplifiers Discussion Thread

http://quan-diy.com/misc/celestra/ra475x.htm

Review of high end celestra amp , must read
Old 19th July 2018, 00:24   #123
Senior - BHPian

Hi I have bought a Kenwood Excelon XR900-5 5 channel class D amplifier, which I plan to use in my Forester to power Audison Voce AVK6 2 way components in the front, some undecided 5.25inch coaxials in the rear and an old pioneer dual coil champion series subwoofer. All with an 80prs receiver.

Now having bought all of this, then I still feel as a noob, nervous about whether I have made the best if not atleast an excellent choice when it comes to procuring all these elements. Can the experts shed some knowledge here? I honestly have no idea about this.

My only major experience has been a very basic audio setup in my Wagonr with a basic ground zero 4 chanel amp, the old pioneer 12inch subwoofer which I plan to use in the forester now, some basic pioneer headunit which was bought just because the sony that came with the car was a cassette player and CDs were more popular when I was a kid, and some basic oval JBL coaxials in the back along with 4inch speakers in the front coupled with some ugly looking pioneer ts something or the other tweeters. The other experience I have is the sound from the stock setup in my Kizashi. It was nowhere as powerful as the sound from the Wagonr but it felt like the sound moved around forward and backward and from side to side, which was pretty cool to hear maybe because it had a center speaker on the dash as well or I don't know what. Pardon my noobish explanation on this matter, but on which end of the spectrum can I expect to fall with the parts that I have procured for my Forester? Can I surpass these two other sound experiences that I have had?

Last edited by IshaanIan : 19th July 2018 at 00:39.
Old 19th July 2018, 05:15   #124
Senior - BHPian

Buying ice is subjective.
The only questions are
1. Does it sound good to you
2. Do you think you got your money's worth?
The answer to #2 is most probably no, and we have it in big bold letters in the intro to ICE for newbies. That leaves you with question 1. If it sounds good to you, leave it at that.
There is always going to be something cheaper/better. No point in beating yourself up.

How the car is going to end up sounding is hugely dependent on the installer and the tuning. I have listened to 1L+ systems which sounded worse than my entry level 40K system

Last edited by greenhorn : 19th July 2018 at 05:17.
greenhorn is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks