Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2009, 21:45   #31
Senior - BHPian

just a bit of info, they seem to be pushing polk stuff heavily. Check out and audition other stuff before investing your money in these speakers ( to which I feel there are much better options for the same price)
Old 16th February 2009, 02:00   #32
BHPian

The way I found,if someone comes asking for polk they give them Boston ,if someone comes asking for Boston they give them polk , but they had been pushing Boston more than Polk.
Old 2nd March 2009, 10:26   #33
Senior - BHPian

Customer Service has become Pathetic here these days. One of the main reasons for choosing this place was the good personal attention that he gave. But nowadays, he's going the emperor way. But emperor can get away with it, end effect can't.

Also, I'm hearing of many of his cars being worked at elsewhere due to one issue or another.

Sad that this is happening to this place, This was one place which had the potential to grow.
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:03   #34
Senior - BHPian

I heard a swift that was done at end effect, and the comps had been installed quite shabbily in the front, and I think the guy was overcharged for them, and they didnt sound good at all, despite being run off a very good HU.

And the sub they used was 2 ohms , and the amp they used was not stable at 2 ohms when bridged. I think the guy eventually got them resolved when I pointed it out, but still, the fact that this happened...
Old 2nd March 2009, 16:39   #35
BANNED

Raeez is the only capable guy there. Rest are just novices.
And he's too busy in other stuff I think.

This place seems to go down the drain soon.
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:18   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Customer Service has become Pathetic here these days. One of the main reasons for choosing this place was the good personal attention that he gave. But nowadays, he's going the emperor way. But emperor can get away with it, end effect can't.
Do you mean to say that Emperor lacks personal attention?
I don't think so. They're the best in Kerala when it comes to personal attention in all the installs they do.

And once a car is done with the install, Emperor takes care of it no matter how many times it comes back for upgrades/modifications/repairs etc.. unless the user screws it up real bad to a condition of no return.
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:44   #37
Senior - BHPian

^^ I'd like to back that up too. I think people get more personal attention in Emperor than any other joint.

I don't think JayD really meant that Emperor doesn't give personal attention. In the past, they did have some issues with regards to taking up some jobs and not others a while back, but that is all past. Nowadays they give discounts even when not asked up front, they do jobs with equipment not bought from them etc.

What most people mistake for the installer's attitude-problem, is nothing more than his desire to get the customer to understand the best way in which the install is to be done, to suit his/her taste. I have not seen another car-accessories shop here where the installer takes a personal interest in every install. Well, he does lack some finesse when he convinces the customer about what equipment and install is best, but I would put that down to the pride he takes in his work, and in the results of his work.

This is one reason why they give post-install support free of cost (in nearly all cases) when the customer comes back for tweaks, or for re-tuning the system after a friend messed up the settings (or the settings were flashed when the battery was disconnected by the service station etc). I've even seen him do basic damping for a person free of cost after he complained (in a very nice way) about rattles in the door not letting him enjoy music (in an install that was done months before he re-visited).

About EndEffect, it indeed too bad to hear about this. They had started to make a good name over the last year. Rayeez should probably pay attention to the installs himself, instead of letting the assistants doing sub-standard work and ruining his name. I had also heard about a few 'issues' with some fiberglass installs done there, with the enclosures cracking up and making creaking sounds within a few months of the install.

Last edited by hydrashok : 2nd March 2009 at 17:48.
Old 2nd March 2009, 18:42   #38
Senior - BHPian

No, I didn't mean it that way zak, as hydra said, i know the attention zuheimi gives to his customers. The problem is with the guy who sits in the (old) store, heck U've got to get to his better side, he should be in a good mood, blah blah blah... in order for them to accept to do your car, and what not,in short, too much attitude.

BUTTT, that is (I think) sorted out in the new shop. I visited the place with another BHP-ian, and i must say, was pleasantly surprised with their behaviour. If it continues, then emperor would be unbeatable in kerala.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Do you mean to say that Emperor lacks personal attention?
I don't think so. They're the best in Kerala when it comes to personal attention in all the installs they do.

And once a car is done with the install, Emperor takes care of it no matter how many times it comes back for upgrades/modifications/repairs etc.. unless the user screws it up real bad to a condition of no return.

They give personal attention to 'select' customers. And mostly only to higher end installs, for lesser mortals like me, one has to resort to literally begging them to do a low end install. And after it all, bear all their attitude. Heck i'm not paying them dog poo, its hard earned money right?? And good tuning or not, when i pay money, i expect some respect, which is he precise reason why i've kept away from emperor till now. The story is same with many people here, even some cochin bhpians. Infact, the only reason why other shops are flourishing here is because of emperor's attitude, which is famous here.

Last edited by JayD : 2nd March 2009 at 18:48.
Old 2nd March 2009, 19:14   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
They give personal attention to 'select' customers. And mostly only to higher end installs, for lesser mortals like me, one has to resort to literally begging them to do a low end install. And after it all, bear all their attitude. Heck i'm not paying them dog poo, its hard earned money right?? And good tuning or not, when i pay money, i expect some respect, which is he precise reason why i've kept away from emperor till now. The story is same with many people here, even some cochin bhpians. Infact, the only reason why other shops are flourishing here is because of emperor's attitude, which is famous here.
I think they have set rather high minimum standards, so they have to draw a line somewhere at what they will install and what they wont. If I ran an ICE shop, I certainly wouldn't let any guy who wanted to install pioneer 5 ways in the rear and two TS 20's in the front, in my shop , the customer being right be damned. I guess their standards are a bit higher, but you get the idea. The no compromise solution isnt always cheap

Last edited by greenhorn : 2nd March 2009 at 19:16.
Old 2nd March 2009, 20:25   #40
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I think they have set rather high minimum standards, so they have to draw a line somewhere at what they will install and what they wont. If I ran an ICE shop, I certainly wouldn't let any guy who wanted to install pioneer 5 ways in the rear and two TS 20's in the front, in my shop , the customer being right be damned. I guess their standards are a bit higher, but you get the idea. The no compromise solution isnt always cheap
That guy would probably be me.
I just need ICE that lets me hear the words in the songs clearly. I'm still paying money for the install, and would like to be treated well, not like some low life who crawled in for scraps.

Thats why I keep away from high end places like emperor. End effect has been fine for all my tiny ICE needs. I'll keep going back there.

Old 2nd March 2009, 20:33   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I think they have set rather high minimum standards, so they have to draw a line somewhere at what they will install and what they wont. If I ran an ICE shop, I certainly wouldn't let any guy who wanted to install pioneer 5 ways in the rear and two TS 20's in the front, in my shop , the customer being right be damned. I guess their standards are a bit higher, but you get the idea.
Nope! That's not the case. One of my friend had a very basic install done there, he just bought a pair of 4", ovals and an amp from them. But another person i know had a 6 digit budget, but was so pissed off by their attitude that he decided to get it done elsewhere.
Old 2nd March 2009, 20:44   #42
Senior - BHPian

weird, even i had a friend who had a basic install - 6" comps + coax and a basic Alpine HU. They were quite courteous. I even met another occasional bhpian there when i was getting my ICE installed who showed up with a pair of old JBL ovals from his previous car, even he was very happy with what they did.

But there are some folks i know who did get pissed off, and I think most of them went there to get performance stuff - One guy for a muffler , and another for an air filter. They were not too pleased with his opinion on those matters

This guy who I posted about earlier, he too went to end effect because he got pissed off by the behaviour , and now he regrets it , and he wished he could get emperor to get a second look at his system
Old 2nd March 2009, 20:47   #43
BHPian

Having gotten my City's ICE (re-)done at Emperor, I have very high regards for the installer. Zuhemi had spent a lot of time and energy to get stuff right even when the original installation was done elsewhere. This comes to me as a surprise.

I can understand the short temper, etc which like Hydra says are due to his pride (which is well deserved, I think). Any day, I will go to a honest installer who is hard to convince, than to a sweet talking salesman who will empty my wallet even before I know. What matter to me is how my ICE sounds after 6 months, not how good I felt while at the installers.

I have been hearing stories lately but even when I rang up Zuhemi couple of weeks ago for my Accord, he listened to me very patiently and gave me good advice, even if it meant I may do the install in Cbe. For this very reason, I am going to him again.
Old 2nd March 2009, 21:05   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
That guy would probably be me.
I just need ICE that lets me hear the words in the songs clearly. I'm still paying money for the install, and would like to be treated well, not like some low life who crawled in for scraps.

Thats why I keep away from high end places like emperor. End effect has been fine for all my tiny ICE needs. I'll keep going back there.
Trust me ripper, that is NOT the way to hear the words in the songs clearly. That is just a method for premature deafness . I was there a whole day, and didn't see anyone who was treated like a lowlife there. I was an absolute cheapskate there, I tried to talk every rupee out of he deal they made, critically questioned why he was installing each component, got into an argument with him about CD media, and still he remained courteous, this was despite mine ICE costing just 12k, with cheap RCA's and local damping.
Old 2nd March 2009, 21:15   #45
Senior - BHPian

Those install pics look damn amazing. The good part about it is that (as mentioned) they will give you whatever you want. ( brand wise)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks