Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2009, 23:54   #61
Senior - BHPian

we have one more crv install on the forum go through that install also,i am sure you will change your plan after you see it

which generation crv do you have.is the current or the 1st genration
Old 10th April 2009, 00:42   #62
BHPian

Hertz's new dealers in kerala are a bunch of Idiots, they have no idea about their own product range and hence i belive it would be a difficult affair dealing with them,your easy way out would be contacting Aneesh @ Emperor,Cochin. They Deal in Image Dynamics and also they are the dealers for many other exotic ICE/Engine Vengine stuff like Tru Tech, Monster Cables, Connection Audison,Rainbow,Remus,Koni,K&N,Sonax(Car Cleaning&polishing),Stanley leather, and ofcourse Alpine.

The Best Tuner in this part of India and Amazing quality of work Guarenteed, just one audition is enough to make a Heratic a Zealot.
Old 10th April 2009, 06:37   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Interesting..coz you even posted whom you should meet for this

I doubt about the availability of Hertz though.
Did I ? I just have to be sure if emperor is good in ICE work or if you guys could show me to a better installer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
If you have all these things already, then contact Zuhemi @ Emperor. If not, first try and get the equipment.
I dont have the things in hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Discuss with the installer about your requirements before hand to avoid any disappointments.
Will do when I go to Earnakulam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
we have one more crv install on the forum go through that install also,i am sure you will change your plan after you see it
I have seen another CR-V installation done by Galaxy Cochin. Basically I need a simple ICE for my music to sound good. I'd rather go to the theater to watch movies.

Quote:
which generation crv do you have.is the current or the 1st genration
The current. 2.4L i-VTEC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Hertz's new dealers in kerala are a bunch of Idiots, they have no idea about their own product range and hence i belive it would be a difficult affair dealing with them,your easy way out would be contacting Aneesh @ Emperor,Cochin.
Fine. Thank you for the caution. Will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
The Best Tuner in this part of India and Amazing quality of work Guarenteed, just one audition is enough to make a Heratic a Zealot.
Hope I vouch for Emperor next time you talk big about them!
Old 10th April 2009, 09:27   #64
Senior - BHPian

@petrohead, I echo the other's suggestions and suggest that you go to Emperor (Palarivattom, Cochin). They will do full justice to the install. And they will treat your car with the utmost respect.

I know for a fact that a very similar setup was done by Zuheimi (of Emperor), in a 2nd Gen CRv. I don't remember the rest f the equipment, but I remember the 2 x IDv3 subs (10" I think) on both sides of the boot.

Like Zak said, I think they have a couple of Audison Amps in stock. I know of an LRx1 and an SRx1 for sure (displayed in the shop). Zuheimi will sort you out with whatever equipment you will need.
Old 10th April 2009, 09:50   #65
BHPian

Go to Emperor tell them what you need?what you listen to?what kind of sound you want?they will brief you and show.You can choose.
And Zuheimi will install ,one thing i can say Amazing.
Old 10th April 2009, 11:03   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
@petrohead, I echo the other's suggestions and suggest that you go to Emperor (Palarivattom, Cochin). They will do full justice to the install. And they will treat your car with the utmost respect.
Ill sure pay a visit. And let you guys know once they give me a solution.

Quote:
I know for a fact that a very similar setup was done by Zuheimi (of Emperor), in a 2nd Gen CRv. I don't remember the rest f the equipment, but I remember the 2 x IDv3 subs (10" I think) on both sides of the boot.
I am more concerned over the Harman Kardon - Drive + Play setup
( For people who don't know what drive+play is - Harman Kardon - Drive + Play 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Go to Emperor tell them what you need?what you listen to?what kind of sound you want?they will brief you and show.You can choose.And Zuheimi will install ,one thing i can say Amazing.
Thank youfor suggesting emperor. Emperor will be the 1st place i go in for a solution.
Old 10th April 2009, 12:34   #67
Senior - BHPian

i was not talking about galaxy.
check this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...a-cr-v-12.html
Old 10th April 2009, 13:01   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrohead View Post
I am more concerned over the Harman Kardon - Drive + Play setup
( For people who don't know what drive+play is - Harman Kardon - Drive + Play 2)
H-K D+P? So I guess you are planning to keep the HU stock, huh? If you are planning to get an aftermarket HU, in most cases you will be able to get the same functionality with an iPod cable/interface; A D+P will not generally be needed.

Zuheimi will have no problem installing a D+P, I'm sure of that.

To check out feedback on a few of Zuheimi's installs, you can check out:

My two threads:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...-upgraded.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...-tru-tech.html

Zak's three threads:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ced-again.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...-ice-cold.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...alto-pics.html

iPlay's thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...e-setup-4.html (post #49 onwards).

Greenhorn's thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...-kenwoods.html

There are quite a few other very nice Zuheimi installs on the forum, but not everybody has posted about them or posted pics

Last edited by hydrashok : 10th April 2009 at 13:02.
Old 10th April 2009, 15:42   #69
BHPian

Quote:
i was not talking about galaxy.
check this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...a-cr-v-12.html
Isn't that a little too much ? I mean, not for the owner, but for me I do not want such a huge ICE (obviously it would blow my pocket)
Thank you for the link. I liked the HU. I wonder how he implemented the IR system for using his stearing controls.

Quote:
H-K D+P? So I guess you are planning to keep the HU stock, huh? If you are planning to get an aftermarket HU, in most cases you will be able to get the same functionality with an iPod cable/interface; A D+P will not generally be needed.
I just dont want my stearing wheel controls to be left unused. (Decision taken earlier, now i am kind of searching for the IR solution like in the above quoted thread)
Old 10th April 2009, 18:14   #70
Senior - BHPian

@petrohead, do consider the extra cost involved in getting the steering controls integrated into a new HU (if you get one). You may have to spend quite a bit of green just for that facility.

The D+P will not let you control the iPod from steering. But it does give you an excellent control knob which you can fit somewhere convenient (like the console between the seats).
Old 10th April 2009, 20:45   #71
BHPian

Quote:
The D+P will not let you control the iPod from steering. But it does give you an excellent control knob which you can fit somewhere convenient (like the console between the seats).
I can keep the stock HU if i use the D+P and i can get my desired functionality. If I go for another HU. I could choose an HU that would satisfy my functionality requirements, if so i can drop the D+P. Instead of the D+P i could work on the IR system to use my stearing controls.

I am waiting for my exams to end so that i can go to empire and chart out some options.

P.S: If i want to install D+P i would have sure done my study on it. So I know about the control knob and the features.
Old 10th April 2009, 23:42   #72
BHPian

It would be easier getting a replacement Headunit and a Steering Interface Kit, because you can go in for some kool looking DVD HUs which would actually sound good and It's EMPEROR not Empire.
Old 12th April 2009, 08:39   #73
Senior - BHPian

some tips for having a good experience there.

tell them what you need. and by that i dont mean a list of equipment. tell them what sort of music you listen to , how you want it to sound like , any other constraints you may have etc.

If you have a bit ego, or the "customer is always right" kind of mentality. curb it. Chances are they are right, and you are wrong!
Old 30th May 2009, 22:59   #74
BHPian

Recently paid a visit to Emperor for a re-tuning, got to say it was not like how he was a year back. From his rather "I-don-care" attitude to "here-to-help" attitude I was surprised.

Think the new shop brought a lot of change in him.
Old 8th September 2009, 14:39   #75
BANNED

Petrohead

End Effect has reopened now. Has got a new name.."PETROHEAD".

Wish them the very best...

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks