Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 07:51   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Secondly,Buy what ever you like..
I agree! Let him..

@ hellspawn: The audition was given under controlled circumstances, hence no rattling, only loudness. Now if you can't understand this, kindly go to your hi-fi "installer" and he'll let you know what I mean. Please dont come up with controlled = drunk.
Old 7th October 2008, 08:14   #107
BANNED

What the FUSS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post

@ hellspawn: The audition was given under controlled circumstances, hence no rattling, only loudness. Now if you can't understand this, kindly go to your hi-fi "installer" and he'll let you know what I mean.

Please dont come up with controlled = drunk.
Sorry, but I don't understand anything from the above post.
1. Who's this Hi Fi installer?
2. What product was given audition and by whom? Their distributors?
3. What is meant by controlled circumstances?
4. What's the meaning of controlled = drunk?

As this is posted in the public forum, I think we all need a chance to understand it.
If the above post was supposed to be understood by Hellspawn alone, then it would've been better to PM him.
Old 7th October 2008, 08:56   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
Anyway we are talking about the music system being loud,not the rattling
Zakko, my reply was given against this post. As to your queries,

1. Hi fi installer means the ICE installer of his (hellspawn's) car.

2. My set-up's (GZ + JBL) audition was given to abhinav. I gave the audition. If you read the whole thread carefully, you'd come to know yaar.

3. Since he was referring to rattling in my car.. there's a particular area that rattles. It was controlled by keeping metal weight onto it while auditioning, so practically there was no rattling..

4. I was sure that he would not understand the meaning of controlled circumstances here, without proper guidance.. and may come up with something funny like controlled = drunk. (SAM effect u see!).
Old 7th October 2008, 10:07   #109
Senior - BHPian

I'd have liked to say this post is OT, but in the context of this thread and quite a few threads here now, it is not. It is more on topic, than Abhinav's vRS ICEing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Thread title:
vRs ICEING - Badly Need Help

Our reply:
Do not worry. Help will be given. Badly.

Sam has a point here. I think he was trying to say in a nice way that all this bickering and point-making and agenda-pushing is simply confusing Abhinav, and not really helping him (or any other person who may chance upon this thread, looking for help on a vRS install). Abhinav is the best judge of this, and I sincerely hope he will install something that he will be satisfied with, regardless of what brand that is.

Well, all this is really none of my business so I'd normally keep my opinion to myself, but I think nearly every thread in the ICE section on TBHP is slowly degenerating into a discussion about how 'mine is bigger than yours', or an exercise in making a smart and funny repartee. If we were to look at the posts in this thread, I wonder how many posts are there here that don't push a personal agenda, or are not intended to put another poster down, or ridicule/insult another poster.

The ICE section used to be fun -- in a nice and unique sort of way. Now it is not fun, but it is indeed entertaining -- not for the quality of the posts about ICE though. If this is what I'm missing out from not watching saas-bahu serials, I think I should slot in a few, during entertainment time, or when I'm offline and can't read TBHP ICE.

Sorry for the rant, but now that I've got it out of my system, I feel good.
Old 7th October 2008, 10:16   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post

Well, all this is really none of my business so I'd normally keep my opinion to myself, but I think nearly every thread in the ICE section on TBHP is slowly degenerating into a discussion about how 'mine is bigger than yours', or an exercise in making a smart and funny repartee. If we were to look at the posts in this thread, I wonder how many posts are there here that don't push a personal agenda, or are not intended to put another poster down, or ridicule/insult another poster.

The ICE section used to be fun -- in a nice and unique sort of way. Now it is not fun, but it is indeed entertaining -- not for the quality of the posts about ICE though. If this is what I'm missing out from not watching saas-bahu serials, I think I should slot in a few, during entertainment time, or when I'm offline and can't read TBHP ICE.

You really summed up what i wanted to say for so long, but hesitated and felt there are mods to take care of this. The fun in the ICE section is really going away, and this has pushed me to other sections. The groupism in this section has become so obvious for everybody to notice. A frequent visitor can easily list the groups. (if there was a sad smiley i would have inserted it here)
Old 7th October 2008, 10:47   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sam has a point here. I think he was trying to say in a nice way that all this bickering and point-making and agenda-pushing is simply confusing Abhinav, and not really helping him

The ICE section used to be fun -- in a nice and unique sort of way.
and I'm going to something about this so guys keep your personal agendas at home and check your egos at the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
2 subs at 1000w will sound louder that 1 sub on the same.
How? For that statement to be even partly correct you'd have to at the least know the following:
1. BL, Mms, Qts, Vas, Fs, etc..
2. Box size, type (TL, ported, sealed, etc..) and the woofer's relative power response in the box.
3. a DSP analysis of the cabin's interiors (to determine cabin gain and resonance nodes)
4. The effect of the amplifier's damping on both subwoofer systems (1 x ID and 2 x GZ).

ICEers,
For a long time I have seen some really half baked information being pushed out here. I dont know enough about loudspeaker design or transducer construction to suggest corrections but I would implore members to think their posts through.

At the same time I can only plead with the Pros (Gunbir, B&T, Sam, etc.) to help fill this knowledge gap.

Last edited by navin : 7th October 2008 at 10:53.
Old 7th October 2008, 10:52   #112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
it is kind of silly to assume that all JBL woofers are the lowest in their price range
I wish it were true, then we could all have JBL-Crown amps and Everest speakers at home.
Old 7th October 2008, 11:37   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to butt in but it is kind of silly to assume that all JBL woofers are the lowest in their price range. That's why different brands have different series within that brand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
ICEers,
For a long time I have seen some really half baked information being pushed out here. I dont know enough about loudspeaker design or transducer construction to suggest corrections but I would implore members to think their posts through.

At the same time I can only plead with the Pros (Gunbir, B&T, Sam, etc.) to help fill this knowledge gap.
I am no pro here but there are more knowledgeable person than me on this forum. And I respect them rather than arguing with them. The ICE section has gone bad there is no knowledge debate rather my woofer plays better than yours. Like Hydra said this part of the forum is about whois bigger.

For Anibhav he has auditioned all the brand let him decided what he want and we must all hold our suggestions till he asks for any.
Old 7th October 2008, 12:06   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I completely agree with Hydra here, TBhp is not a place where i will come for a ICE advise, what i am gonna get is that Brand A plays better than Brand B and both are better than Brand C but Brand D goes and beats Brand A and Brand B.

Panky's statement to hellspawn regarding the Hi-Fi installer indirectly points towards Driven(A shop which represents BBW products). Now is this not brand bashing??

@MODS: I think Abhinav has auditioned all what he wanted to, and i think he has finalised his equipment as well, I think you should lock it before this continues.
Old 7th October 2008, 12:19   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Panky's statement to hellspawn regarding the Hi-Fi installer indirectly points towards Driven(A shop which represents BBW products). Now is this not brand bashing??
.. a big NO. "Hi-Fi" installer is someone who knows the job, and given his set-up I was pretty sure that his installer would know what controlled circumstances meant. How on earth would I ever know that he gets his stuff installed from Driven or somewhere else..its his choice afterall.

Dont a$$-u-me. Further if anyone who represents BBW recommends "driven", should it be amounted as marketing of own products. NO.
Think before you post!
Old 7th October 2008, 13:13   #116
BHPian

Abhinav, you might also want to audition Polk Momo and Hertz speakers, since you don't like laid back sound.
Listen to as many speakers you can and pick up whatever suites your taste. Its a very personal decision when it comes to audio.

I prefer carrying my own CD and listening to a select few tracks. I have a benchmark as to how the same tracks on the same disc sound on good equipment (something that appeals to my ears, be it home audio or car audio) and I pick up whatever comes closest!
Old 7th October 2008, 13:45   #117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
TBhp is not a place where i will come for a ICE advise.
Hold on.

We aim to change that starting right now.

Right guys?

B&T, Gunbir, Sam, LBM, BlueRaven etc. the balls in your court.
Old 7th October 2008, 13:50   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
[b]MONO BLOCK AMP FOR THE SUB
> JBL 1201.1
> JBL GTO14001

* JBL 75.4
* JBL GTO-1004e

1. What is the best subwoofer to be used with the 1201.1 or the GTO14001
2. The sound from the front of the car is good but from the rear is pretty bad.
3. If sometimes i am not in the car , my dad does not like all the bass and stuff - Is it possible to switch it off with a button or regulator or something?
Abhinav,
Coming back to your first post. I'd get the 14001/1004 only because they are more easily available today. You have already heard a lot of opinions on which speakers to listen to so I expect you will get back to us with YOUR opinions.

...and YES you can turn the sub off if your dad does not like it.

Enjoy.

PM me if you need any more help (I have and a vRs and understand the car's acoustics well) or if you want this thread opened I have closed it to prevent any further hijack.

Last edited by navin : 7th October 2008 at 13:53.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks