Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2008, 11:40   #46
BHPian

like what badboy said , cf and roadrunner are just software which uses touch screen interface. They have media players , nav , odb all integrated. To intergrate google earth , u need a plugin for the same
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
i'm a newbie to the carputer scene. just wondering...how do windows apps like google earth work on 'centrafuse' ? is centrafuse a shell for windows ??
Old 9th November 2008, 12:18   #47
Senior - BHPian

nc1bad,

Where have you mounted the carpc display ?

thx

Never mind, I saw the pics in the earlier posts. Great Install BTW.

cheers

Last edited by smsrini : 9th November 2008 at 12:30.
Old 27th November 2008, 21:50   #48
BHPian

centrafuse

Did you install destinator separately for Centrafuse. I was just checking their website and the centrafuse std does not come with navigation support. and the Centrafuse navigation is $250 which is double of the standard version
Old 28th November 2008, 12:13   #49
BHPian

destinator standard

no,destinator engine is standard,comes for all versions. The 250 dollars one is with the maps of the entire country/region. U can buy the std edition and use maps of sat guide, they to use destinator as thier gps engine.
The best gps maps for india are from Mapmyindia,who use iguidance as their gps engine. CF has a plugin for iguidance but sadly mapmyindia do not have maps that run on pc platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suneet_ag View Post
Did you install destinator separately for Centrafuse. I was just checking their website and the centrafuse std does not come with navigation support. and the Centrafuse navigation is $250 which is double of the standard version
Old 2nd January 2009, 14:11   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc1bad View Post
Anyways the processor is Intel Atom ( dual core) with 1 gb DDR2 PC 667 ram, it plays games like GTA SA without any problems.
nc1bad

Are you sure that it is a dual core processor?

I think only D945GCLF2 board [with Atom 330 Processor] is dual core.
Old 6th January 2009, 13:56   #51
BHPian

hi,will have to check bro,uptill now i was under the impression that its dual core!
Quote:
Originally Posted by varma View Post
nc1bad

Are you sure that it is a dual core processor?

I think only D945GCLF2 board [with Atom 330 Processor] is dual core.
Old 7th January 2009, 10:09   #52
sdh
BHPian

D945GCLF has Atom 230 which is single core
D945GCLF2 has Atom 330 which is dual core
Both Atoms run at 1.6 GHz

D945GCLF2 has a lower height heatsinK and fan on the 945 chipset and can fit in slimmer boxes.
Old 7th January 2009, 10:44   #53
BHPian

Does anyone know whether D945GCLF2 is available anywhere in India. It is not available in Hyderabad.
Old 7th January 2010, 17:28   #54
BHPian

Need help with Touch sceen

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to buy a 7" VGA Touch Screen for my CarPC project. Can anybody point me to a place where I can buy one in India?

Thanks a ton.
Old 8th January 2010, 00:33   #55
BHPian

You can buy it from iRide Technologies - Home Do post up the new thread for your car-pc project.
@mods. i think we should have Universal Thread for CAR-PC in DIY section. so people can post the query in that specific thread.
Old 8th January 2010, 12:08   #56
Senior - BHPian

Nice DIY.
From your PC i am also going to make a car PC for my safari.
Just a few queries i had:
1) Did you used Harddisk of a PC, Does it works well even in bumps(bad roads.), I have heard that HDD are very sensible to jerks.
2) What is a centrifugal system as you have mentioned and where did i get it.
3)Where did you got the touch screen. and does it needed any specific software to work with Windows on car PC.
4) What was PC model.
5) Can you play games on it.

At the end a really astonishing job from you.
Old 8th January 2010, 12:51   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Nice DIY.
From your PC i am also going to make a car PC for my safari.
Just a few queries i had:
1) Did you used Harddisk of a PC, Does it works well even in bumps(bad roads.), I have heard that HDD are very sensible to jerks.
2) What is a centrifugal system as you have mentioned and where did i get it.
3)Where did you got the touch screen. and does it needed any specific software to work with Windows on car PC.
4) What was PC model.
5) Can you play games on it.

At the end a really astonishing job from you.
hey thanks!,
1) well from the time of creating this thread till now, there hasnt been any issues regarding the hard disk. Nop skipping, failures etc.
2) Centrafuse is a all in one audio and video infotainment system. Google centrafuse or fluxmedia and it will take you to their website. Incase you dont want to shell out around 6k, you can use road runner software. Its free
3) Touch screen and power unit is best bought from iRide. The website is mentioned in posts above.
4) No PC model, it was assembled by me, stick to Atom based mother board for costs and low profile
5) Depends on type of games you want to play. My system can handle street fighter , nfs 3 type of games, did actually try more, but whatever works on entry level laptops should work on my pc. If you want high end games then change your config accordingly. Also iRide and complete built systems available , you can check with them.
hope this answers most of your doubts.
Old 10th January 2010, 02:59   #58
BHPian

nc1bad, NICE carputer, congrats man.

can you post pic taken in night when your In-Dash lights are on and shows the illuminated USB ports.
Old 10th January 2010, 12:03   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc1bad View Post
hey thanks!,
1) well from the time of creating this thread till now, there hasnt been any issues regarding the hard disk. Nop skipping, failures etc.
2) Centrafuse is a all in one audio and video infotainment system. Google centrafuse or fluxmedia and it will take you to their website. Incase you dont want to shell out around 6k, you can use road runner software. Its free
3) Touch screen and power unit is best bought from iRide. The website is mentioned in posts above.
4) No PC model, it was assembled by me, stick to Atom based mother board for costs and low profile
5) Depends on type of games you want to play. My system can handle street fighter , nfs 3 type of games, did actually try more, but whatever works on entry level laptops should work on my pc. If you want high end games then change your config accordingly. Also iRide and complete built systems available , you can check with them.
hope this answers most of your doubts.

Thanks! my doubts above are cleared, except some more:

1) Did you carried all electrical wirind work in your car on your own. I am an electronice engg. should i do it on my own or take some electrician help.
2) Will i have to remove my HU for this purpose.
3)How did you connected car speaker's to PC sound card as both have different type of inputs and outputs.
4) How did you powered PC and by which power supply, Where did i get it.

Sorry if i am asking too much.
Old 10th January 2010, 12:33   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Thanks! my doubts above are cleared, except some more:

1) Did you carried all electrical wirind work in your car on your own. I am an electronice engg. should i do it on my own or take some electrician help.
2) Will i have to remove my HU for this purpose.
3)How did you connected car speaker's to PC sound card as both have different type of inputs and outputs.
4) How did you powered PC and by which power supply, Where did i get it.

Sorry if i am asking too much.
hi no problem, glad to cater to your doubts:
1) The layout and procedure of wiring was done by me, but i did use a professional audio installer to get much cleaner and concealed job done. I had to remove seats, dash panel etc so i needed someone who knew how to do all this. You can do it on your own its not that difficult.
2 & 3) For audio from your PC , you can connect the pc either directly via amp, or using line in on your HU or if you have a pioneer HU , you can do what i did, mod the cd changer cable to allow AUX IN.
4) I used the SMPS from iRIDE, it switches on when the key is switched on and also shuts down when the key is removed, it has a lot of features which are beneficial.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks