Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 11:05   #316
Senior - BHPian

I aint sure whether i will upgrade.
Considering options as of now.
I love the Sound Quality of my setup as of now. But would like it make it even better without compromising on the mid bass
Old 6th April 2009, 12:00   #317
Senior - BHPian

abhi, i'd say, hold your horses. agreed the HK amp will make your compos sound sweet, but you are also supplying lesser power to the comps. considering you have 2 30SPL's in the boot, i think they will drown out the fronts completely (i think they are already doing that)
Old 6th April 2009, 12:05   #318
BHPian

As Frank said hold em up. Why not wait a little and get better set of components like the carbons.
Old 6th April 2009, 12:21   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
abhi, i'd say, hold your horses. agreed the HK amp will make your compos sound sweet, but you are also supplying lesser power to the comps. considering you have 2 30SPL's in the boot, i think they will drown out the fronts completely (i think they are already doing that)
Even i thought that, But it's not what happens. Atleast I never felt it was less powerful, You will not regret if you upgrade to CA470!!
Old 6th April 2009, 12:23   #320
Senior - BHPian

whats the list price of the ca470???
Old 6th April 2009, 12:27   #321
BHPian

It's 24,990, but you would get some discount!!
Old 6th April 2009, 13:38   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
It's 24,990, but you would get some discount!!
Ahh, the carbons are not far. Abhinav said he did not want to sacrifice on mid bass so I think a new set of components in that range would be good.

If I am not wrong Abhinav has a GTO 1004, he could (if he gets new components) bridge the amp and power each side of the components like Frank did.

Last edited by anshu_46 : 6th April 2009 at 13:41.
Old 6th April 2009, 18:04   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No Frank , they dont. The GZs are very well audible with 30 SPLS being played at full blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshu_46 View Post
As Frank said hold em up. Why not wait a little and get better set of components like the carbons.
Carbons. Ummm. I am very very happy with the ground zero compos as of now. Let me accumulate some Vitamin M and think about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshu_46 View Post
Ahh, the carbons are not far. Abhinav said he did not want to sacrifice on mid bass so I think a new set of components in that range would be good.

If I am not wrong Abhinav has a GTO 1004, he could (if he gets new components) bridge the amp and power each side of the components like Frank did.
No I cant. I'll need another 2 channel for the rears as the eclipse has no built in amp. Its a dead head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
Even i thought that, But it's not what happens. Atleast I never felt it was less powerful, You will not regret if you upgrade to CA470!!
Is the mid bass lower than before.
What about the compos, are they brighter than before or not?

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th April 2009 at 17:56. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 9th April 2009, 00:32   #324
BHPian

Hi! everybody!!
Here goes my review on Abhinav's new HU i.e. ECLIPSE CD7200 MKII
(Abhinav you watching na??)
Ok people if we talk about this good looking headunit!! we'll come to know about it's performance and good things which this HU has got (i must say lots and lots of good things) only if you audition it (hehehe)
While looking at the features and specs. of this HU!! this HU can convince anyone to go for it!!
One can come to know a lot about it's good features and specs. after going through Eclipse website. Do not worry i won't speak up about the features and specs. here!!
Infomation about it can be extracted from the Eclipse website!!
Here goes my real review!!
I've heard Abhinav's setup with his previous Alpine HU (sorry do not know the model no.)
It was sounding nice but i wasn't happy with the performance of the GZ Comps!! For a moment i thought why did he spend so much money on his comps. and yet they sound just fine (not so good)
I had this thing in my mind but didn't tell him.
After hearing the same setup ECLIPSE CD7200 MKII i was like!! Abhinav what have you done to you car?? Believe me people MUSIC was never this good. Midbass was kicking well with the sweet sounding treble by the GZ Tweeters!! Sound was well-detailed not laid back at all!!
GZ Comps were a bit aggressive too but thats also a good thing about them i must say!!
NO wonder TA works like a charm in his Eclipse HU!! which was well-tuned by our one and only
Lbmji!! Subs also go low well after being wired with this HU. Overall sound stage is just Fantabulous. Sound coming from the comps and subs were totally different and it was like some magic had really been done to his car. His setup never sounded this good well-detailed.
To sum it up. ECLIPSE CD7200 MKII is a great HU VFM ofcourse!! i could only wish if i could afford it. I know it does wonder and it really did wonder to Abhinav's Laal Pari!!
One more thing i must say Abhinav!! now i really feel it was good spending such amount on GZ comps. before i used to dislike the way they were sounding with Alpine. Now they sound sweet,kick well,well-detailed and ofcourse they go loud loud n Loud!!
What a Buy Abhinav. Great setup,Great HU and a Rocking Car!!
Enjoy The MUSIC!! ~~ Cheers ~~
Old 9th April 2009, 18:47   #325
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot for the honest review Rajat.
Glad you liked it

Still a bit of tuning is left for the new amp.
Old 11th April 2009, 11:13   #326
Senior - BHPian

Though I am a bit too late

but anyways, Congrats on the new HU abhinav, FeelTheBass has truly written a nice review and i am sure the setup must be sounding great now, My audition is due.
Old 11th April 2009, 16:23   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Though I am a bit too late

but anyways, Congrats on the new HU abhinav, FeelTheBass has truly written a nice review and i am sure the setup must be sounding great now, My audition is due.
Thanks dude. Audition once i come back to delhi.
Old 11th April 2009, 17:35   #328
Senior - BHPian

i cant believe i missed this review! abhinav. sounds brilliant man!
Old 11th April 2009, 19:00   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i cant believe i missed this review! abhinav. sounds brilliant man!
Thanks doc. I actually like it more. :-)
P.s. I'm in your state
Old 17th April 2009, 01:03   #330
BHPian

how can i find LBM, Does he have a shop or something similar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks