Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2009, 13:59   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
Thanks ! Will be taking delivery of i10 tomorrow and the ICE bug started to bite again since the JBL components deal seems to be sealed. (T-bhp Marketplace) ! Now thinking which way to go?
Did ya hear Bull Compos ? Audition them and decide for i10
Old 19th February 2009, 01:04   #47
BHPian

More Pics

Fresh Pics of Amps, Compo and tweeter.
Attached Thumbnails
NHC - JBLified in tune with Pioneer 5050UB to boom with Eclipse XA1000!-dsc01889.jpg  

NHC - JBLified in tune with Pioneer 5050UB to boom with Eclipse XA1000!-dsc02011.jpg  

NHC - JBLified in tune with Pioneer 5050UB to boom with Eclipse XA1000!-dsc01795.jpg  

Old 19th February 2009, 01:45   #48
Senior - BHPian

quite beautiful. and i feel the blau amp looks better than all the amps below the 10k mark!
Old 19th February 2009, 11:21   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
quite beautiful. and i feel the blau amp looks better than all the amps below the 10k mark!
Yup, built well, sounds nice and priced right too.
Old 16th March 2009, 03:59   #50
BHPian

Hi Friends
Visited GYRO today to audition Subs on my curent setup. Auditioned the following -

1) 15" IDQv3 - Sealed - Very fast, clean, tight kicky bass. Was too precise and punchy. I don't think i can bear that. I need soft bass but not too boomy.

2) 12" IDv3 - Ported - This was good. Nearest to my taste but a bit on boomy since ported.

3) 15" Hertz 900W - sealed - Not a good experience. Amp clipping at highs, not much kick. Lots of vibration. May be due to lack of tuning.

4) 12" Bull - sealed - The output in the cabin was not optimum but the bass was good. It's the best which blended with the ID CTX compo. IMHO, 2 sub in a sealed may do the right job.

All audition was at 4ohms on Eclipse Mono - 300W rms

As far as the whole experience goes, i discovered, i think i need something that comes in between IDQ sealed and IDv3 ported (may be idv3 sealed)or the two Bulls. Now, will audition the GZ subs on my next visit to delhi.

Must say Gunbir Ji is a genius . On the very first day when the id comps were installed, he straight away without any doubt suggested me dual bull / idv3 / rainbow hammer (in the prefered sequence).

Last edited by superbhikari : 16th March 2009 at 04:05.
Old 16th March 2009, 04:22   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends
Visited GYRO today to audition Subs on my curent setup. Auditioned the following -

1) 15" IDQv3 - Sealed - Very fast, clean, tight kicky bass. Was too precise and punchy. I don't think i can bear that. I need soft bass but not too boomy.
BOOMY

Maybe i need to audition the IDQ again...
Old 16th March 2009, 11:05   #52
BHPian

Sorry all, i think i typed the sentence at the wrong place. IDQ is not all boomy, not even a single %. I was mentioning what i am looking for, but typed it at the wrong place.
Old 16th March 2009, 13:18   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sorry all, i think i typed the sentence at the wrong place. IDQ is not all boomy, not even a single %. I was mentioning what i am looking for, but typed it at the wrong place.
A subwoofer is a system. Any subwoofer if placed in a box that does not suit it can sound boomy or lean. To take things further (more relavent to home audio) the same sub and box placed in a corner of the room will sound very different when placed in the center of the same room.
Old 16th March 2009, 18:16   #54

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Hi Friends

Slight correction..Its the IDQ15 V2.The 15" idq v3 hasnt been launched as yet.
Quote:
Must say Gunbir Ji is a genius . On the very first day when the id comps were installed, he straight away without any doubt suggested me dual bull / idv3 / rainbow hammer (in the prefered sequence).
he has a knack of knowing what a person might like.
Old 16th March 2009, 18:34   #55
BHPian

Let me correct my statement navin ji - IDQ is not all boomy, not even a single % during my audition session.
Old 8th June 2009, 02:38   #56
BHPian

Hi friends
I got my Pioneer 5050UB upgraded to Kenwood 6539 yesterday at Gyro, Delhi. Thanks to Manan(m4ugr8) and Abhimanyu(hellspawn) for helping out. Here sharing the experience and initial review.

I was craving for long to replace my JBL bass tube to some decent sub and saving up for the upgrade. I planned to upgrade the HU after the sub. Initially wished to have a HU with TA and Good SQ. Got to know that Kenwood 6539 has been discontinued and no fresh pieces left at dealers/distributors in NCR and nearby. Posted a thread for help at team-bhp and there Manan(m4ugr8) come to rescue. One of his friend was selling it after having it for 3-4 months, since he sold off his car. I wanted to grab this opportunity since din't see any possibilty of good HU under/around 10k in the near future. Called up Gyro next day, asked Abhimanyu the HU details and condition and closed the deal. Reached Gyro yesterday evening for the install.
Sanyam(noidaboy) was insisting to upgrade the HU to 6539 from the day one and today understood why. It really made a lot of noticable difference to the entire setup. Major difference observed so far -
1) Enhanced neat and clear midbass from ID CTX components.
2) More clarity in vocals.
3) Improvement in soundstage.
4) More control on sub.
5) Lively display.

Cons - Can't select folders from the remote. (Maybe it could be done. Need to checkout the manual). Lack for steering remote.

After the HU install, also auditioned the ID CTX 12" sealed sub and was really amazed by its SQ, truly ID. Was not expecting such a performance from CTX sub. Also auditioned the MTX Thunder sub (priced double of the ID CTX) but did'nt liked it after hearing the ID CTX sub (Rs. 8.6k). Will be finalising the sub on the next trip to Delhi - 1 ID CTX sub/2 ID CTX sub/1 IDv3/1 GZ Radioactive.

The problem of the sub in NHC is the boot is quite well isolated from the cabin and two JBL ovals at rear parcel tray is adding more to it. Due to this the lower freq. are unable to make it to the cabin and lot of bhurr bhurr and most of the beats missing and sub quite out of sync. Abhimanyu suggested me too take off the rear speakers which will create two ports at the rear tray and get the ID CTX/v3 sub(s) or go for more powerful sub like IDQv3. I wish too avoid IDQv3 due to budget constraints and a little bit off to my taste. I need rears too. What should i do?

1) Remove the Rear ovals off the tray. Put the ovals in box in the boot along wit the sub.
2) Remove the Rear ovals off the tray. Buy a new components and place them in the customised rear door panels of the NHC.
3) Create a slit at the rear tray neatly.
4) Suggest any other option to go for.

At present, option 3 seems to be most appropriate to me. Help guys!

O.T. - Auditioned Dynaudio 3-way components. But not in a car. It was being played as a 2-way setup through some amplifier in a room. Amazing stuff. Also met Gunbir Ji and it was too nice of him to guide me to setup my Home Theatre. Will start working on it after a short while. And yes all you ICE addicts, it's worth visiting Gyro at this point. Full new range of products for display/demo - Focal compo/sub, MTX compo/sub, Morel compo, Kicker Amps/Subs, Dyns and loads of others.

Last edited by superbhikari : 8th June 2009 at 02:53.
Old 8th June 2009, 14:05   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cons - Can't select folders from the remote. (Maybe it could be done. Need to checkout the manual). Lack for steering remote.
Yes lack of steering remote is a PAIN. Press the up button remote button to change the folder. Or do you mean browsing folders and selecting ?

Quote:
1) Remove the Rear ovals off the tray. Put the ovals in box in the boot along wit the sub.
2) Remove the Rear ovals off the tray. Buy a new components and place them in the customised rear door panels of the NHC.
3) Create a slit at the rear tray neatly.
4) Suggest any other option to go for.
Can NHC accomodate spakers in rear doors ? If yes then get co-axials for doors and remove JBL

Quote:
O.T. - Auditioned Dynaudio 3-way components. But not in a car. It was being played as a 2-way setup through some amplifier in a room. Amazing stuff. Also met Gunbir Ji and it was too nice of him to guide me to setup my Home Theatre. Will start working on it after a short while. And yes all you ICE addicts, it's worth visiting Gyro at this point. Full new range of products for display/demo - Focal compo/sub, MTX compo/sub, Morel compo, Kicker Amps/Subs, Dyns and loads of others.
Don't tell me you auditioned ESOTARS
Old 8th June 2009, 16:41   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Yes lack of steering remote is a PAIN. Press the up button remote button to change the folder. Or do you mean browsing folders and selecting ?
Yes, I mean browsing folders and selecting.

Quote:
Can NHC accomodate spakers in rear doors ? If yes then get co-axials for doors and remove JBL
No, it can't accomodate speakers at rear doors, that's why customisation.

Quote:
Don't tell me you auditioned ESOTARS
ESOTARS Yes that's absolutely true !
Old 8th June 2009, 17:04   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I mean browsing folders and selecting.
Ya i agree. Kenwood does miss out on some features which can be handy
1. Steering Remote like Pioneer
2. All Random (Few Hu's can do few can't)
3. Fast Forwarding a track with remote
4. Playing WAV of USB (again few HU's can and few can't) though they can play WAV of iPod

Quote:
No, it can't accomodate speakers at rear doors, that's why customisation.
I think either go for 3rd option or buy a better sub.
Old 8th June 2009, 17:51   #60
Senior - BHPian

DAMN!! I missed all the fun. Getting ICE upgrades is a matter of great FUN, specially at GYRO when you are surrounded by ICE experts and Gurus like Gunbir/JB/Abhimanyu etc. I would have loved to be there but got stuck with some family work. Next time though

Glad to know you liked the HU, it is truly one of the great HUs that come under the price range of 10k, SAD that its now discontinued by Kenwood and you can say now proudly that you are the few who have these installed in your car.

The ID CTX is a great sub, the abilities of the driver at the price its being offered is great. ID has once again hit the spot bang on with this. The problem you are facing with the bass not entering the cabin is exactly what I am facing as well, The cabin is completely sealed, and getting the bass to enter inside the cabin is an issue, Abhimanyu suggested right for removing the rear speakers, I have done the same in my Civic and it has helped me to some extent. Try listening to the sub without the rear speakers and see for noticable improvements, if you can find any get them removed, Or else cut the tray in between and get a kind of grill over it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks