Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2008, 01:26   #1
BHPian

NHC - JBLified in tune with Pioneer 5050UB to boom with Eclipse XA1000!

Hi Friends
Just upgraded my stock ICE setup with the following :
1) HU : Pioneer 5050UB (Want to go for Kenwood 6539 but could'nt get in
Grey)
2) Front : JBL GTO 607c
3) Rear : JBL GTO 937
4) Amp : Sony 4-ch (sourced for older Alto) - Powering Front & Sub
5) Sub : JBL CS1204T Bass Tube
6) Some unknown brand

This is my present setup. Will be doing following upgrades in the coming couple of weeks :

1) Mono - Eclipse XA-1000 (Sourced from USA)
2) Wiring - Need suggestions from you (Budget - 1-1.5k)
3) Amp - Kenwood KAC-8401
4) Damping in Front
5) Pioneer Steering Remote

Now the Vitamin M spent & plan to spend -
1) Pioneer 5050UB -Rs. 7000 (Grey) [Less Rs.2500 Alpine stock HU]
2) JBL GTO607c - Rs. 4700/-
3) JBL GTO 937 - Rs. 3700/-
4) Sony 4 ch Amp - 0/- (Sourced from old car)
5) JBL Bass Tube - Rs. 5000/-
6) Wiring & Install - Rs. 1000/-
7) Mono - Eclipse XA-1000 - Rs. 7500/-
8) Kenwood KAC-8401 - Rs. 5000/-
9) Damping - Rs. 2,500/-
10) Wiring & Install - Rs. 2,500/-
11) Pioneer Steering Remote - Rs. 1000/-

First, experience from HU upgrade from stock Alpine HU to Pioneer 5050UB -

Really, Really worth it ! More refined SQ, More Bass, More and more flexibilty in settings to control every aspect of speakers and Sub ( Advantage 3RCA pre-out) in addition to USb and Aux-in support. Really happy about it.
For Friends confused or looking to upgrade HU will definitely suggest to shell some extra Vitamin M for 3RCA HU.

Experince with JBL Compo and 937 :

I usually preferred the laid back sound more. When i auditioned my friend's JBL install i find it more towards chan-chan type. But somehow got installed these JBL's. I read about running-in in many threads and now truly experienced what it meant. After Few days of running speakers were giving the perfect sound for my taste (initially they were bright). Really VFM.

Journey to Eclipse XA-1000 Mono -

After following T-Bhp for more than a month almost daily, got to know about the mono and correct setup of ICE. Than i decided to go for mono but only for good quality one even if i had to wait for so long to acquire it. JBL Mono were out of budget and then got to know about Eclipse XA-1000. And since a relative is coming next week to India, asked him to brought it for me.
Now looking for it to arrive, will share that experince soon.

I think the post is getting too long, so will continue after your suggestions and valuable feedbacks.
Old 13th November 2008, 09:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your present and future upgrades. Reconsider Kenwood 8401 and earmark a higher budget for wiring as it'll be a bi-amp set up. You may want to consider Finolex - excellent VFM.

BTW, whats with your handle "super - bhikari"?? Sir, this is not apparently true!
Old 13th November 2008, 10:15   #3
BHPian

u paid 7000 for pioneer 5050ub, that's too expensive. I got it for 5700 with 'jugaad' bill. They fill it up when there is a need.
Old 13th November 2008, 10:41   #4
BHPian

Sorry, but the edit option wasn't available. U seem to be getting overcharged. The 637 is worth around 3k while i bought the 638 for 3200(again jugaad bill), had the same problem with the 637 found them too bright hence the shift to 638, a warmer sound. you may want to try that as well. cheers.
Where did u get the remote from ? is it good ?
Old 13th November 2008, 11:20   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Sorry, but the edit option wasn't available. U seem to be getting overcharged. The 637 is worth around 3k while i bought the 638 for 3200(again jugaad bill), had the same problem with the 637 found them too bright hence the shift to 638, a warmer sound. you may want to try that as well. cheers.
Where did u get the remote from ? is it good ?
Dear Sukrit, to an extent that i have been overcharged for the HU and JBL compo but i got this install done 3-4 months back. Basically actual problem is my location, it's a small city, none of the installers had equipments from JBL or Pioneer (mid-end products). They bring it on order. Installers do not have proper knowledge to install. You will be surprised that they have heared and installed the compo first time in my NHC.
But for future i will definitely give more time for my future installs and get it done at Delhi (Driven) or Faridabad (B&T).
Old 13th November 2008, 11:26   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
congrats on your present and future upgrades. Reconsider Kenwood 8401 and earmark a higher budget for wiring as it'll be a bi-amp set up. You may want to consider Finolex - excellent VFM.

BTW, whats with your handle "super - bhikari"?? Sir, this is not apparently true!
Hi Panky, I had read and been guided by your several posts. Helped me a lot. Thanks.
I will definitely reconsider my options as suggested by you.
My handle has a different story and will share to all friends here in the Introduction as soon as i get free from my work.
Old 13th November 2008, 11:54   #7
BHPian

waiting for the pics to come as even i have a city and considering an ICE upgrade in next 6 months.
Old 13th November 2008, 12:54   #8
BHPian

ya i understand. What you should do though, if it's a possibility is to buy the parts from delhi & then get them installed elsewhere.
Yes driven is a damn good place, the good thing about getting work done there is satisfaction & they do it so fast, and u get a bill as well. Driven gives proper ones.
In lajpat they do the 'jugaad' work. Unlimited warranty. lol
Let me know if you need any help. ciao.
Old 13th November 2008, 12:59   #9
BHPian

Inferno, the setup is good & worth it. Just take the 938 instead of 937. My personal opinion, i find the 937 too shrill. cheers. In delhi, driven is the place to go to. I'm sure you know.
Old 13th November 2008, 21:46   #10
BHPian

Hi Inferno

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno View Post
waiting for the pics to come as even i have a city and considering an ICE upgrade in next 6 months.
Pics will take sometime but will be delighted to share the ICE experience as soon as the upgrade completes.
Old 13th November 2008, 23:16   #11
Senior - BHPian

Damn you should have put up the Alpine HU for sale on TBhp. Would have found ready buyers. Did you switch to Pioneer for USB functionality?

Congrats on the ICE... Enjoy
Old 14th November 2008, 01:20   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Damn you should have put up the Alpine HU for sale on TBhp. Would have found ready buyers. Did you switch to Pioneer for USB functionality?

Congrats on the ICE... Enjoy
Sold the HU since the CD loader developed some problem. Did not want to sell the defective one here on TBhp.
USB + 3RCA Pre-out + better controls was the collective reason for the HU upgrade. And without doubt i can say there is considerable improvement in SQ and Bass effect.
Old 14th November 2008, 08:51   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
But for future i will definitely give more time for my future installs and get it done at Delhi (Driven) or Faridabad (B&T).
No my friend, B&T is in Mumbai.. though one of his business associates bythe name low_bass_makker aka L.B.M. resides (and operates) from Faridabad.
Old 14th November 2008, 13:39   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
No my friend, B&T is in Mumbai.. though one of his business associates bythe name low_bass_makker aka L.B.M. resides (and operates) from Faridabad.
Yes, I got a bit confused ! Thanks for clearing.
Old 20th November 2008, 00:44   #15
BHPian

Hello Friends
Got the following upgrades done at Driven yestersay :
1) Damping at the Front doors : Rs. 3200/-
2) MDF ring for front compo
3) Re-positioning of Tweeters
4) Complete Wiring change - Bull Amp Wiring (8 Gauge) - Rs. 5000/-
Kicker RCA (2) - Rs. 1300/-
Kicker Speaker Cable F&R - Rs. 1000/-
Result : Bass in sync, neat and clear. Compo sounding great like never before.
Very neat and good installation by Driven.

Got my Eclipse XA-1000 Mono today from US. ($150)
Now, wise advice needed from Audio Guru :
1) If i put Mono, it make sense to sell off the JBL Bass Tube and go for a DVC sub. Driven suggested me to go for iDv3 which costs Rs.14500/- (sealed) and Rs.16000/-
(ported). But this is way out of my budget at the moment.
Suggestion needed - What are options i have for DVC subs? and If i go for iDv3 should i opt for sealed or ported?

2) The other option i am thinking is - I sell off the Eclipse XA-1000 and upgrade my Sony 4-ch amp. to Kenwood 8401 and JBL basstube to Bull sealed sub. In this way, i don't need to put any extra money right now. What say?

I mostly listen Hindi songs - Bollywood, IndiPop, Sufi, Ghazals and Oldies. Bass at present seems Ok to me but lacks the punch, a little boomy right now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks