Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2008, 18:12   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
sold by popular demand! panky, your 'third grade' remark stuck deep in my heart! i had nightmares of panky12345 saying third grade amp!!!!! and then i thought to myself, bas, abhi kuch aur hi lena hai! and i found jesal's 75.4
the kenwood is sold and the rockford fosgate mono coming in the next week!
Am really happy that I could be of some use to you!
Old 8th December 2008, 03:42   #92
Senior - BHPian

just asking. Ever since the gto75.4 left for its heavenly abode, it left a void in the Jbl stable that hasn't been filled totally. Does the 1004 measure upto it in terms of performance and power and flexibility?? I Know there's a thread on how the 1004 competes with the 75.4 but its all about facts and figures and numbers and doesn't really hit the nail on the head. Pls elaborate a little on this. how does it measure up to the 75.4 in terms of sq??? One more question.. Why did they call it 75.4 if it chewed out much more than 75 watts from each of its 4 channels?? And how much would be the cost of a 75.4 if say it was sold brand new in the market today?? I know some one who can arrange for one but don't know how much to pay for it. Its a bill n warranty product

Last edited by frankmehta : 8th December 2008 at 03:49.
Old 8th December 2008, 16:20   #93
BHPian

Quote:
frankmehta needs a new amp
update: frankmehta gets the godfather of all amps!

yea, i got the legend yesterday. the big daddy of all amplifiers (in its budget, of course)... drumrolllllll......... the jbl 75.4!

i never thought that the illusions can resolve so much better now(yes, even better than before, which is GOOD) and sub is hitting haard! its a temporary arrangement for the timebeing, where the rears are off for the time being. the Rockford Fosgate amp is coming in a week. the sub will be transferred to that and the compos and rear fills will be powered by the (almighty) 75.4.
very happy with this combination and now my system seems set. no more ICE upgrades are planned now (on this car now) and I thank all you people on tbhp for all the advice. you see, the car and everything that's good on it is because of team bhp! thanks to all. and yes, NOW my car is worth an audition. my SQ dream is kinda fulfilled and i only wish that someone from this forum gifts me an alpine 9887 or eclipse headunit for being a good boy all round the year. its ok, i can wait till christmas!! lol!
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0080c0][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0080c0][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#000000]Congrats Frank on the new amp. But upgrading an amp just cuz u heard somone said "Third Grade" is a little outrageous isn't it?[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#000000]Also you are giving a comparison here between 8401 and 75.4, where as on your classified add said "SUPER PRICE DROP! BRAND NEW unUSED Kenwood KAC-8401 Car Power Amplifier" UNUSED ???? Team-BHP Classifieds - SUPER PRICE DROP! BRAND NEW unUSED Kenwood KAC-8401 Car Power Amplifier - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#000000]how can you give a comparison when u have not even used the amp ?[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#000000]Well nonethe less enjoy music, thats what matters![/COLOR][/FONT]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
Old 8th December 2008, 17:11   #94
Senior - BHPian

I wouldn't have switched from the kenwood to the Jbl 75.4 if the latter wasn't on sale. In my earlier post, I mentioned that I haven't used the kenwood for too long. It means I heard it for exactly ten minutes on my setup. Thats why the unused part. The Jbl happened just by chance. And I'm thankful for that.. i, very happy with the Jbl and will surely get the 1004 or its equivalent once this one dies. Which I hope doesn't happen soon. Someone please read my question in my previous post regarding the 75.4 and 1004.. I'm quite into the whole concept of sticking to a product and/or its successors if they are good. My brand attachment to Jbl is good

Last edited by frankmehta : 8th December 2008 at 17:18.
Old 8th December 2008, 17:55   #95
Senior - BHPian

One more question comes to mind. Since I will be using 2 power hungry amps in tandem now, as opposed to one reasonably less power hungry amp, will I need to upgrade the wiring from the battery?? Will I need 2 fuses? Right now the 75.4 is running well on the current wiring. Should I just get one more set of wires and a fuse separately or does it make sense to have just one fuse and a thicker wire?? I'm not too sure about the reliability of the present wiring and fuse since its more than 4 years old. What say? Also, how much of a load will the 75.4 and the 325.2 pose on the electrical system of the car? Will it be overkill and will a capacitor and distribution block be needed? I'm not keen on that because it poses a large expense and if good wiring and a heavy rated fuse suffices, it will be awesome..
Old 8th December 2008, 18:05   #96
Senior - BHPian

buy finolex 2 gauge, more than sufficient!
Old 8th December 2008, 18:14   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
buy finolex 2 gauge, more than sufficient!
Panky, esteem will need what length? And one wire from the battery for both? Or 2 separate wires? And fuse? Please give me specific details. What's the price of the 2 g wire per meter???
Old 8th December 2008, 18:29   #98
Senior - BHPian

Just get a Distributor Fuse block and use 4AWG wiring will be more than enough,you don't need any capacitor for this setup.only you need is a good professional guy who can do it neatly The amp which you got from Jesal is very nice and untouched infact its never been abused with wrong wiring,you can expect it for long running and its not old too.
Old 8th December 2008, 22:18   #99
BHPian

Quote:
havent used either of the 2 for longer. but id say the jbl is 80-20 against the kenwood. the illusions sound much better of the jbl. with the kenwood the illusions feel very laid back. and with the jbl they sound like music has come alive. how many of you have noticed differences???

Yup KENWOOD's are much laid back if you compare it against JBL's,The same was felt by us in hellspawns car,thats why he had sold his 75.4 and got 8401 and was happier as he wanted laid back sound,tighter mid's and more open vocal's and less chan chan.The prob wid 75.4 that we found was it has power,but the bass gets a bit loose at higher volumes.
Old 8th December 2008, 22:19   #100
Senior - BHPian

thats the reason why only the compos and the rear fills will be powered by the jbl. the subs will have their own rf amp!
Old 8th December 2008, 22:31   #101
Senior - BHPian

I have been using the Illusions with my JBL 1004e and I simply love it. Better than most amps i listened too.
Old 8th December 2008, 23:13   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
just asking. Ever since the gto75.4 left for its heavenly abode, it left a void in the Jbl stable that hasn't been filled totally. Does the 1004 measure upto it in terms of performance and power and flexibility?? I Know there's a thread on how the 1004 competes with the 75.4 but its all about facts and figures and numbers and doesn't really hit the nail on the head. Pls elaborate a little on this. how does it measure up to the 75.4 in terms of sq??? One more question.. Why did they call it 75.4 if it chewed out much more than 75 watts from each of its 4 channels?? And how much would be the cost of a 75.4 if say it was sold brand new in the market today?? I know some one who can arrange for one but don't know how much to pay for it. Its a bill n warranty product

no one answered my question!?!
Old 9th December 2008, 12:51   #103
Senior - BHPian

@frankmehta - Since you already have a cable set, better to get one more amp wiring kit and finish it off. Capacitor is not a must.

4 ga power and ground wiring should suffice for the mono.
Old 9th December 2008, 13:26   #104
Senior - BHPian

So no distribution block?? Only the fuse and the wiring??? Direct from the battery?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks