Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2013, 09:12   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which 5 channel Amplifier?

You could also check on Hertz EP-5 which is a 5-channel amplifier available at around 19K. I felt it to be quite decent in performance.
nitinbose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 16:23   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
Bumping up a really old thread. What's the scene on 5 channel amps currently? I am planning to go active, and hence looking for one. What are my options? My budget is not very expansive.
1. If you want to go active, look for 6-channel amps, not 5 channel amps

2. If your budget is not very expansive, wait till it is - these things cost more per pound than regular 2- and 4- channel amps, simply because there are very few buyers. Don't land up with a sub-optimal setup and then repent the expense. Do it right the first time, instead of spending money and learning
Old 16th July 2013, 20:54   #48
BHPian

I dont want to use a Sub in the car , save the boot space . But the idea of six channel sounds intresting . Would it power 3 pairs or 6 co-ax speakers ?

I have a punto , so 4 speakers , 1 in each door slot . the round speakers and two ovals in the parcel tray .

Any recomendations for 6 channel amps . I dont want the entire install to exceed 35 thousand .
Old 17th July 2013, 02:12   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
1. If you want to go active, look for 6-channel amps, not 5 channel amps..
The reason would be? I understand that these are 4+monoblock configurations. Is the monoblock not sufficient to drive a sub? Or is there some other reason?
Old 17th July 2013, 11:07   #50
Senior - BHPian

^^ Power supply. The higher current draw of the Sub channel will change the relative tuning of the active setup. With a 4-ch or 6-ch (you can experiment with 3-way active) without the Sub connected this wouldn't happen.

Also, the Sub channel in 5-ch amps is usually 150-200W rms, nowhere near the 350W or more that conventional monoblocks are able to push when required.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 15:51   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
^^ Power supply. The higher current draw of the Sub channel will change the relative tuning of the active setup. With a 4-ch or 6-ch (you can experiment with 3-way active) without the Sub connected this wouldn't happen.

Also, the Sub channel in 5-ch amps is usually 150-200W rms, nowhere near the 350W or more that conventional monoblocks are able to push when required.
The sub in question is an 8-inch 100W RMS. Does that improve things in any way for a 5ch?
Old 18th July 2013, 16:09   #52
Senior - BHPian

^^ No way to say anything theoretically. Go ahead and try!

If you want to experiment, have the courage to do so without rationalizing. Others may not have done it for various reasons - you might be the pioneer.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks