Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2009, 21:13   #61
Senior - BHPian

Lucky

nice to know that you finally happy with the sound. And the tweeter pods looks gr8.

good job LBM
Old 29th May 2009, 21:51   #62
Senior - BHPian

Every thing is OK but why you wanted the singer on the bonnet or outside the car i am not able to understand this can you please elaborate on this, Most of the listeners want there singer on the dash or in the center for better imaging/sound stage.
Old 29th May 2009, 22:12   #63
Senior - BHPian

Think about it this way man.Take a really hot looking singer.and as the safari has a huge bonnet, she can gyrate on it while singing wearing a skimpy dress.take for instance the pussycat dolls (or whatever the name of that band is).Oh man nirvana.Right zucchero ji?

just think about the visual that time.so most of the time zucchero is sitting in his car with his eyes closed dreaming about this. :P

By the way i have already given my review of the car and its fantastic.And about the tweeter Pods.well whatever i wanted to say has already reached the ears of the people who i wanted to hear it.

all i can say is great job done ----- wale Baba.haha
Old 29th May 2009, 23:47   #64
Senior - BHPian

Very nice tweeter pods. I am sure its sounding great. Would love to audition Dyna / Steg combo one day.

Congrats!
Old 29th May 2009, 23:54   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Dyna / Steg combo ..........

Well i'm sure its not gonna be this combo for long.
Old 30th May 2009, 15:19   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
Most of the listeners want there singer on the dash or in the center for better imaging/sound stage.
congrats karan for such a nice set up.just saw your signature.awesome.
before i post let me tell you i have very very limited knowledge in audio and below normal listening skills.
getting the vocals in center of dashboard is easy.all you need is a hu that does TA.once the vocals 'reach' there look for the sweet spot.if you think its low then point the tweets up if its high then vice versa.(2 way set up)
in my opinion thats the worst mistake we do in car audio.a singer should ALLWAYS be right INFRONT of you so why do we bring it on center of dash. if i have to bring the singer right infront of me then i have to PLACE it somewhere on the speedo hood bcoz that is where my front is but still i have to bring it in the center of the dash.reason-i want to hear the instruments played by my right drivers.i want to have 'SPACE' between instruments played and the vocals.if i dont do TA then the vocals will overshadow rest of the instruments.to know the exact PLACEMENTS and actual DURATIONS of instrument played you have to move away the vocals.this is the only way you will come to know the positioning of the instruments and that is the only reason it sounds better even though you take the singer AWAY from you.the only time i have vocals in dead center is when i have to give auditions.once its done i shift it more towards my end.much closer to steering.this is the place i enjoy most.i have best of both worlds PARTIALLY .singer ALMOST infront of me and seperations of instrument from my right source.
i believe and i may be completely wrong that no matter what you do, in car you can never achieve a complete sound.if you have singer right infront of you then the length of your right soundstage would be lost and if you want the lenght and give space to your right soundstage then you will have to MOVE or rather SHIFT the singer away from you in center.it can be corrected either by placing a seat right in the MIDDLE of the car or taking your right A PILLARS away from you which is not possible atleast in my car.
as told earlier sail positions were good but the sound was AT my face.the singer and the rest of the instruments sounded 'MAGNIFIED' as if the lenght of instruments played was increased.far far away from REAL sound.the only way to rectify them was to move them away from me so that i get space.thats the reason i want my singer to sing from the other side of windscreen.
gurus please correct me.i am just a learner.
Old 30th May 2009, 15:31   #67
Senior - BHPian

Long essay.too boring to read. hehe.

Well to cut the story short.the car has now been renamed by me as the "Concert Mobile"

Thats bacause the staging is such that one can actually visualize the singer a few feet away.Just like the VIP seat in a concert.
And there were a few tracks in which the instruments were played such that the drums were coming in from the right side of the stage and the other instruments from the left.(don't remember the song's name,zucchero would fill in here).
But the fact remains that this is the closest and infact nearly perfect live concert settings.this is primarily the reason i have liked the system.Music is supposed to be heard this way.the band playing on the stage in front and we listening to it from the VIP seats.and in this case the seats are rather comfy too.hehe.

and its becasue of the perfect settings and the babe hunting that we both have been upto that we've been dreaming of "the pussycat dolls gyrating on the bonnet wearing skimpy cloths".lol

This is one setup which has infact made me think that if i ever get a high end setup i'll only buy dynaudio.No other.Till now i have heard dynaudio with the steg.Another good amp is soon coming and in the end i'd like to hear them with a Genesis Dual Mono.which i guess i should be able to hear in the coming time soon.after that i just need a car worthy of such a setup.
Old 25th December 2009, 12:24   #68
BHPian

So here I am still much more to go, but finally got the amp for the Dynaudio
After lot of research came up with Audison VRX 4.300
Just got it installed and is undergoing the burn in time that too without proper tuning. Since it is not tuned will post the reviews later

Let the pics do the talking

Unboxing the mighty Audison VRX 4.300
Finally High Fidelity - Clarion HX D2 with Dynaudio and Steg-u-002.jpg
Finally High Fidelity - Clarion HX D2 with Dynaudio and Steg-u-003.jpg
Finally High Fidelity - Clarion HX D2 with Dynaudio and Steg-u-004.jpg
Finally High Fidelity - Clarion HX D2 with Dynaudio and Steg-u-005.jpg
Finally High Fidelity - Clarion HX D2 with Dynaudio and Steg-u-006.jpg
Finally High Fidelity - Clarion HX D2 with Dynaudio and Steg-u-007.jpg
Finally High Fidelity - Clarion HX D2 with Dynaudio and Steg-u-001.jpg

Final Pics After Install
Finally High Fidelity - Clarion HX D2 with Dynaudio and Steg-u-0002.jpg
Finally High Fidelity - Clarion HX D2 with Dynaudio and Steg-u-0000.jpg
Finally High Fidelity - Clarion HX D2 with Dynaudio and Steg-u-0001.jpg
Finally High Fidelity - Clarion HX D2 with Dynaudio and Steg-u-0003.jpg
Finally High Fidelity - Clarion HX D2 with Dynaudio and Steg-u-0011.jpg
Old 25th December 2009, 12:27   #69
BHPian

Finally got proper mounting of my tweeters as per my requirement
Finally High Fidelity - Clarion HX D2 with Dynaudio and Steg-u-0007.jpg
Finally High Fidelity - Clarion HX D2 with Dynaudio and Steg-u-0008.jpg
Finally High Fidelity - Clarion HX D2 with Dynaudio and Steg-u-0009.jpg
Finally High Fidelity - Clarion HX D2 with Dynaudio and Steg-u-0010.jpg

Some more pics
HXD2
Finally High Fidelity - Clarion HX D2 with Dynaudio and Steg-u-0004.jpg

Steg K202
Finally High Fidelity - Clarion HX D2 with Dynaudio and Steg-u-0005.jpg
Finally High Fidelity - Clarion HX D2 with Dynaudio and Steg-u-0006.jpg

Last edited by zucchero : 25th December 2009 at 12:30.
Old 25th December 2009, 13:00   #70
BHPian

Congo Lucky Bhaji

When shall i drop in to heat the setup....
Old 25th December 2009, 18:50   #71
Senior - BHPian

Very nice, zucchero! Hope to audition it soon.
Old 26th December 2009, 13:52   #72
Senior - BHPian

O M G! That's all I gotta say! Thats one fantastic set of equipment now, for a man who takes his music rather seriously! Cheers Paaji. Great Stuff!
Old 26th December 2009, 15:22   #73
BHPian

Lucky bhaiji heartiest Congratulations! This is a big amp is all I can say- big in size, big in sound! You owe each of us fans (of your equipment, and more importantly, of your taste in music and determination to settle for nothing but the best) an audition soon!

Btw, looking at the pics, are you running Illusion speaker wires by any chance? (ha! atleast one thing common to your setup and mine)
Old 27th January 2010, 13:49   #74
Senior - BHPian

reviews after shifting from Steg to Audison
Old 28th January 2010, 11:20   #75
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Lucky !!

I look forward to an audition when I am in Fardiabad mid february ! you going to be there ? We due for a meet

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks