Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2009, 23:51   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Ok then it must be. I didnt know that they are co-axials. Oh just saw site. You are right. I didnt know. So even the 6" x 9" are co-axials or are they tri-axials? Didnt know the difference between a 6" co-axial and 6" components, Now i do. But still i feel he should go and audition some systems before his install, even if it is a 5k install.
He mentioned it , i have never heard that too, i thought something out of my knowledge..?
Old 18th April 2009, 02:30   #47
BHPian

I would some pics tomorrow fo my own install, and some more pics of my car .
Old 22nd April 2009, 07:42   #48
BHPian

I found a realy helpfull article as follows:
Coaxials versus Components Speakers :
First, a few definitions. A component (sometimes called separate) speaker system consists of multiple separate speaker components. Typically this will be a 4"-6.5" woofer with a 1" tweeter and a an external passive crossover. A coaxial speaker is a similar woofer with a tweeter either suspended on a bridge above the woofer or on a pole that extends through the middle of the woofer. The crossover is typically only a simple capacitor in-line with the tweeter though higher grade coaxials will have outboard crossovers.

Generally component speakers are better than coaxial speakers but that's a manufacturer's decision. It's cheaper to make a coaxial speaker with inferior components than it is to make a cheap component set. Coaxial designs have the advantage of the tweeter and the woofer being mounted very close together (coincident, hence the name coaxial (coincident axes)) which makes all of the sounds come from one point.

Imagine that you're listening to a drum solo. Because the woofer and tweeter are mounted on the same axis, the drum set will sound correct (at least location wise). Now imagine a component set where the installer mounted the woofer in the door and the tweeter in the A-pillar (the piece between the windshield and the front door). Now it's more likely that the snare drum will appear much lower in the vehicle than the cymbal. This can be overcome by mounting the woofer and the tweeter much closer together. The higher quality coaxial speakers are actually component sets where the tweeter has been suspended over the woofer such as in many MB Quart, Boston Acoustics and other top speaker brands.
The bottom line is that you get what you pay for. You can't really compare a $60 coaxial speaker with a $200 component set. However you can compare a $250 coaxial with a $300 component set.
Old 22nd April 2009, 18:27   #49
Senior - BHPian

So decided anything to upgrade?
Old 22nd April 2009, 19:49   #50
BHPian

are still confused are is article ne to aur confused kar diya hai, So this article proves that my Boston Coaxials are much much better than sony or JBL components.
I dont know yet, i have too many things going in my mind at the same time , but i would post a pic of my bass tube soon and as well as AMP.
Old 22nd April 2009, 19:54   #51
Senior - BHPian

Obviously they are better than Sony.
Try to audition some higher compos like the illusions etc. They will give you a clear picture of whether you are happy with the coaxs or want to shift to compos.
Old 22nd April 2009, 22:43   #52
Senior - BHPian

you can say they are better then Sony compo but not better then jbl.
as you are in gurgaon why don't you try and audition some good ice gears in and around gurgaon.
Old 23rd April 2009, 01:59   #53
BHPian

@karan: Sir jee the boston S95 model is obviously better than JBL comps as well , check out the specs
Old 23rd April 2009, 08:45   #54
BHPian

Hi Garry, I am a novice on the ICE front as well,been planning to ICE my Linea. What I would suggest before you decide to do anything is to first possibly listen to your setup at an installer with the music you will regularly listen to. Then decide if you like how it sounds.Preferably carry original cds or good bit rate, at least 192 kbit/s mp3s. They do make a huge difference.
Ideally if you have a good budget a front compo and rear co axial setup is suggested with the amp driving the fronts and the sub. Like Frank mentioned earlier driving the rear coaxials and the sub on the amp will only make it bassier and i am not sure that will enhance your listening experience. If you could upgrade your front coaxials for components at the same place you bought them (assuming you still havent used them) that would be good.
To be honest, if you are happy with the sound of your speakers, don't change them, but try auditioning the set up
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:44   #55
Senior - BHPian

@ Garry, you should not always go to the specs.
There are some stuff which are rated lower but still sound better to your EARS
Old 24th April 2009, 10:12   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant View Post
@karan: Sir jee the boston S95 model is obviously better than JBL comps as well , check out the specs
as abhi said never go with the specs this is true,everyone has a right to said mine is better then your.
hear it to believe it,take some good auditions
Old 14th May 2009, 19:27   #57
BHPian

hello friends , long time no see,
I have added a 4 channel amp and the bass tube , posting few pics , write and post more soon:
[ATTACH]My New Hyundai Accent ICE-img0069a.jpg

My New Hyundai Accent ICE-img0070a.jpg

My New Hyundai Accent ICE-img0071a.jpg

My New Hyundai Accent ICE-img0073a.jpg

My New Hyundai Accent ICE-img0072a.jpg[/ATTACH]
Old 14th May 2009, 19:32   #58
Senior - BHPian

thats a lot of tweakability from the amp!
cool. never seen a sony bass tube! enjoy the music though.

PS: take better photos from a digicam too. will be good to see!
Old 14th May 2009, 19:46   #59
Senior - BHPian

Wow I had not seen an amp which could be doubly bridged.

Is the base tube a custom one?
Old 14th May 2009, 19:48   #60
Senior - BHPian

its not a readymade sony tube.. but a jugaad from installer where the JBL bass tube specs are 'poorly' replicated and a 'mighty' sony double power (dvc) is thrown in.

Edit: This Sound Barrier is another desi alpine.. lot of tweakability options.. they are all same!

@ techno: Arrey Sir, doubly bridged as in.. Ch 1 & 2 and Ch 3 & 4 bridgable.. possible with any 4 channel amp :-)

Last edited by panky12345 : 14th May 2009 at 19:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks