Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2009, 10:50   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Sealed box subs often offer better in-cabin integration (when combined with cabin gain) than ported subs.
Yeah, as per my little knowledge, loss of sealed box towards bottom end exactly compensates for the cabin gain, to the first order of approximations (which is -/+ 12db/oct, IIRC). An interesting point I noticed while going through CDT website is that you should tune Fb of the box to the lowest resonance of the cabin to get the best in-cabin frequency response. And for the best transient response Qt should be .7-.8 (.707 being ideal). To achieve both, the woofer's Fs and Qts MUST have a certain ratio depending upon your car! For a typical sedan, they say that cabin resonance is about 66Hz, which translates to Fs/Qts = 95. As it deviates from this ratio, you have to either compromise on final Q or in-cabin response. It is bit too technical, but for interested people here is the link: CDTAUDIO Premium Car Audio Sound Systems
Old 18th March 2009, 11:03   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Today i have learnt about back emf and damping factor.Thank you.
All this is stuff that was common knolwedge in the 50s and 60s when James Lansing, Edgar Vilchur, Roy Allison, Paul Klipsch Sr., Rudy Bozak, Arthur Janszen, Steve Birchall, George Augspurger, Harry Olson, Christian Heil, Paul Voigt and some of the gentlemen mentioned here http://www.aes.org/aeshc/docs/aeshis...s-officers.pdf were active.
Old 18th March 2009, 17:26   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanGT View Post
I went to Gyro today to audition some subs
Met Gunbir Paji,hellspawn,noidaboy and m4ugr8

I tested 3 subs
i) idv3 12 inch (ported box)
ii) idqv2 15 inch(sealed box)
iii) Rainbow hammer(company made enclosure..i think)

I liked the idv3 it was a good sub went very low had nice bass

Rainbow hammer was not to my liking.and after listening to the others dont think i would go for it.

Idq 15 was the best according to me out of these.I really liked the bass it was able to go low and was able to to integrate itself wit the tune without too much boom boom.Considerin going in for that.

I would also like to mention that Gyro isnt just a place where you can buy ICE but its a place where you actually feel comfortable and know you are buying the right thing to your liking and satisfaction.

Gunbir paaji and hellspawn sat with me in the car for atleast an hour explained the smallest details about each and every sub asked me my likes dislikes tuned accordingly.They put in every sub made me hear a track and saw if i liked it or not.They went that extra mile just to see i was happy and satisfied and didnt even push me once to buy anythin.It was a relly good experience.
It was glad meeting you rohan, I reached a little late since your ICE auditions were over, I loved those rims

Anyways, had a chat with all after you left, I really like your Taste the iDQ is a very good sub indeed, A well tested and world known sub for its detail and musical abilities, The iDv3 is like a sub which gives you the feel how an IDMAX would sound, its an entry step into the iD range. The iDv3 and iDQv2 are completely different subs.

The GYRO buying experience like mentioned by you correctly is very different from any place, You can again and again and again go to decide your SUB/ Equipment and everytime you get to learn so many new things, GYRO very well understands that every customer is different and has different listening tastes and prefrences and they build a setup according to that.

Kudos to the GYRO team for this
Old 20th March 2009, 16:02   #94
BHPian

Update

Met Mr.LBM day before yesterday he came all the way to meet me and show me his setup.I heard his setup at a setting where I could hear it too my liking without too much bass.He sat and me in his car and made me listen to some songs.He then took me too the main road stopped his car and i requested him to put his bass on the normal setting.It blew half my head off.lol.
The only problem is i havent been able to audition the sub which I want.Would only be able to do that next week.
And Mr.LBM's subs are SPL which is not for me.If i wanted SPL i would definately go in for his subs.
Lets see if i can audition the other sub (xd-al) and then maybe take a final decision.
Old 20th March 2009, 18:20   #95
Senior - BHPian

Why not contact fellow members yayaati, smokin or panky.
Yayaati has a xs-al.
Smokin has a xd-al
Panky12345 has 2 xd-al
Old 21st March 2009, 08:20   #96
Senior - BHPian

.. I already told him to contact me in case he needs an audition!
Old 21st March 2009, 10:44   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update

Met Mr.LBM day before yesterday he came all the way to meet me and show me his setup.I heard his setup at a setting where I could hear it too my liking without too much bass.He sat and me in his car and made me listen to some songs.He then took me too the main road stopped his car and i requested him to put his bass on the normal setting.It blew half my head off.lol.
The only problem is i havent been able to audition the sub which I want.Would only be able to do that next week.
And Mr.LBM's subs are SPL which is not for me.If i wanted SPL i would definately go in for his subs.
Lets see if i can audition the other sub (xd-al) and then maybe take a final decision.
Now Thats the Right way to give an audition, Make you hear what you don't want to buy.

Anyways, Meet up with Smokkin or Yayaati, You can put their subs(If they allow), in your car and judge.
m4ugr8 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st March 2009, 11:02   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Now Thats the Right way to give an audition, Make you hear what you don't want to buy. .
Care to elaborate on this? What did he do?
panky12345 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st March 2009, 11:08   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Care to elaborate on this? What did he do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Now Thats the Right way to give an audition, Make you hear what you don't want to buy.

Anyways, Meet up with Smokkin or Yayaati, You can put their subs(If they allow), in your car and judge.
Panky! M4! Stop it!
Old 21st March 2009, 18:30   #100
Senior - BHPian

Also if you want to test 1 30SPL ( Which is about 2k expensive than the XD-AL)
You can Contact me anytime after monday

I would be more than happy to disconnect one of the subs and give you an audition
Old 21st March 2009, 19:03   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Update

i have heard his set up.i would not label them as SPL .if tuned properly they integrate very well with the fronts.
its nice to know that you are auditioning before buying.both idq and hydrogen are nice subs.it all depends on your need and front comps.
Old 21st March 2009, 19:32   #102
Senior - BHPian

Agree Zucchero.
They arent SPL unless LBM's fingers run on that Alpine Sound Processor.
Old 21st March 2009, 20:31   #103
Senior - BHPian

That`s the correct way Rohan ,take as many auditions as possible and then take a decision.
Glad to see that this thread didn't turn into a Warzone but its sad that some specific people still became casualties of an ongoing war.
Old 29th March 2009, 04:08   #104
BHPian

Have finally got my install done today.
Have got a id 12 in a ported box.Got the install done from autopsyche.
Would like to thank-Abix,gunbir,hellspawn,noidaboy,m4ugr8,accordmaster s,autopsyche,lbm and everyone on tbhp who helped out.
Old 29th March 2009, 04:58   #105
BANNED

Congratulations. You've got a good brand.

Which ID? V3? Q? MAX?

What was the reason to go ported? Listening preferences or amp restraints?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks