Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2009, 22:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

mods sorry for double post please delete this
Old 3rd April 2009, 23:28   #17
BHPian

DJNiK thanks for the brand will look into it.

Ameenmaj ok i really didnt know(Just great now you just complicated the choosing even more.Thanks Alot).Thanks Alot.

Sujitm no dude that is way less,why i am insisting on more than 1 sub is that 1 of my friends had suggested that using only 1 sub will increase load on it and also reduce its life if it is being used to its near max.

Hemanth,no dude damping is only to stop viberating and rattling in the car,i doubt that it will damp the sound also.

Karan,dude you are way off,just 2 amps?doesnt it sound too measely?with a budget of 4 lac i really thought i might get a system which everyone in this community will know,if not the country.And no i have the ohms correct,4 ohm is for SQL and 2 ohm for SPL,but i am not sure of 1 ohm.

If any one can suggest a system which suits my liking please do inform,and now 1 brand setup is not needed(thanks to a oversmart TBHPian),any brand,many brands,everything will do,i just want a rocking SQL system.
Old 4th April 2009, 00:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Sujitm no dude that is way less,why i am insisting on more than 1 sub is that 1 of my friends had suggested that using only 1 sub will increase load on it and also reduce its life if it is being used to its near max.

Karan,dude you are way off,just 2 amps?doesnt it sound too measely?with a budget of 4 lac i really thought i might get a system which everyone in this community will know,if not the country.And no i have the ohms correct,4 ohm is for SQL and 2 ohm for SPL,but i am not sure of 1 ohm.

If any one can suggest a system which suits my liking please do inform,and now 1 brand setup is not needed(thanks to a oversmart TBHPian),any brand,many brands,everything will do,i just want a rocking SQL system.
Increase load on sub huh ? How come ?

abhayshanu when it comes to SQL its not about quantity its about quality. 2 amps can be better than 8 amps.

abhayshanu 4 ohm and 2 ohm doesn't associate with SQL and SPL. Depends a lot on tuning and equipment. And a friendly advice no matter if you spend 10k or 100K on setup if the setup is good it will talked about everywhere. Most importantly you should consider what suits and satisfies you, rather than being talked about.

I hope i am not sounding harsh in the above lines. I think you will understand that it is you who will have to listen to the setup on a daily basis, so you should be satisfied with it. No matter whether anyone likes it or not. If it is good people will like it, some may criticize as everyone has different tastes and music choice.
Old 4th April 2009, 00:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
DJNiK thanks for the brand will look into it.

i think you are pretty much confused what you want one you are saying you want a sql setup other side you are saying you want others to listen 2 blocks away.

line in the bold sounds pretty offensive to me.
Old 4th April 2009, 00:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
i think you are pretty much confused what you want one you are saying you want a sql setup other side you are saying you want others to listen 2 blocks away.

By SQL he means SQ + SPL.
Old 4th April 2009, 01:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
By SQL he means SQ + SPL.
+1
but abhi a car can be heard few blocks away with a sytem of 50k but for sql you need good equipements.

take the laura done by bt the cost of the system 800k but is a sq system,sql stands for sound quality level but that to some level(db).

Last edited by karankapoor : 4th April 2009 at 01:05.
Old 4th April 2009, 01:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

This setup in LBM's car can do both SQ and SPL. Tried and tested.

It did 144 db with 2 hydrogen 15"
Its the loudest in North India

Contact bass&trouble for a good SQ + SPL setup. He will give you an amazing setup for your budget.

Attaching Pics of dB test
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions-editied-1.jpg  

Suggestions-edited-2.jpg  

Old 4th April 2009, 01:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

Where are the Rear Seats ?

I don't wanna start an argument but that's a tall claim Loudest in North India. Was this an official event ? If yes did you people sent out invites or put it down in a newspaper / magazines etc ?

Last edited by abhibh : 4th April 2009 at 01:40.
Old 4th April 2009, 02:24   #24
Senior - BHPian

Invites were sent out.
I would not discuss the matter more as there is already a thread on it.
140+ db thread.

The rear seats were removed to accomodate the bigger box.
Old 4th April 2009, 03:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hi there. Good to hear someone from Mumbai is spending so much cash on the ICE. just wanted to ask you a couple of questions: 1. You speak of an sqpl setup. What kind of music do you listen to? Did you know that if an sqpl setup is heard 2 blocks away, its automatically called an spl setup? Sqpl is when you enjoy the music, even with the subs in overdrive. Too much bass doesn't warrant an sqpl setup. Yes, you could have a setup that does spl for most of the time, and does sq when the subs are at their quietest and not overpowering the fronts. That kind of tuning would be difficult to achieve. Possible, nonetheless, with clever usage of a bass knob and the subwoofer level of your head unit.
2. Before we begin, lets have your present setup listed out. So we know what you have.
3. List out your priority. Is it
a. Just for creating a sensation
b. Winning some sort of spl sound off
c. Personal satisfaction and private listening.
d. 4 lacs is an obscenely large amount to spend. If you get what you want in say, 3 lacs, will you be a happy man, or do you just want to max it for the heck of making a big name for yourself?
Typing this from my mobile, hence apologize for poor formatting. Would've loved making paragraphs and addressing you.
Old 4th April 2009, 10:12   #26
Senior - BHPian

his current setup is http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1243875-post594.html.

how are you powering the front components.
Old 4th April 2009, 10:20   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post

Noooo dude,i am sorry i offened anyone,but i was just joking,i hope ammen isnt upset,

AMEEN i was just joking.

Abhinav,yes that is a kinda setup i want,but i dont want such large subs,hence more in quantity.
Frank,you are right,i want that when the music isnt loud it should be a SQL sub,and when the volume is turned up,it should be SPL,but from all the knowledge i have accquired is that all SPL subs give out a jarring sound for the low frequency and i really dont like it.I would prefer a very loud thump than a very loud jarr.Correct me if i am wrong.and if i can get my system in 3 or 2 or even less i will be very happy,i really want a very good system but the lesser the money spend the better,i can then use the left over money for more performance upgrades.also i love to listen to loud music.With my current system,i can keep the volume at 50% max,if i go over that it starts to distort and many a times i want more but cant as i dont like distortion,this is the main reason behind a awesome system,so that if i want my volume to be 100% also i should be able to hear the sound clearly and when i shut it off i should be deaf(not literally).
Karan,i am powering my components through the HU,direct.I have done this as the do not distort much,but the co-axials use to.also when my mom takes the car,i turn off the sub,and she gets the lower frequency and small thumps from the rears.

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th April 2009 at 19:06. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 4th April 2009, 13:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

jarring sound ? ,what all subs have you auditioned till date.
your current sytem distort over 50% volume reason being its not tuned properly,compo are powered through hu and rear with amp very different way.
Old 4th April 2009, 13:36   #29
BHPian

dude all spl subs i have listen sound the same,but i hav listened to only one sql sub and that is what i want, thump.
JBL, Groundzero, SoundStream, Pioneer, SonyXplod.
they all have a sound like this -
it goes like drrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, but i want a simple, tight THUMP!!!!
Old 4th April 2009, 21:10   #30
Senior - BHPian

You want tight thump... hmm listen to IDMax or JL W7

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks