Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2009, 23:09   #31
BHPian

SWX-1243D (Alpine)
Uranium GZUW 12X (GroundZero)
iDMax 12 D4 (Image Dynamics)
13W7 (JL)
I feel these are the best i have seen for SQL,please do provide more.
Also what about MTX TA9515 for SQL?
Old 5th April 2009, 01:07   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
SWX-1243D (Alpine)
13W7 (JL)
add rainbow profi to the list,and nver heard anything good about mtx
Old 5th April 2009, 01:22   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Karan,dude you are way off,just 2 amps?doesnt it sound too measely?
i really thought i might get a system which everyone in this community will know,if not the country.
It is not the number of amps you use but the quality of the amps.
unless you are keen to enter competitions why get a system for the community when it is usually only you and your family that will hear it. get a system that you and your family can be happy with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Where are the Rear Seats ?
The made the ultimate sacrifice!

Quote:
Frank,you are right,i want that when the music isnt loud it should be a SQL sub,and when the volume is turned up,it should be SPL,but from all the knowledge i have accquired is that all SPL subs give out a jarring sound for the low frequency and i really dont like it.
4 12" subs will occupy about the same space as 2 similar 15" subs if used in in sealed/ported box.

One option you have if you want to use multiple small subs and still occupy less space is to go isobarik. This way 4 12" subs will give the output of about 2 12" subs but will occupy the box volume of about 1 12" sub.

Say you have a 12" sub that has a sealed Vb of 1 cu. ft with a Qtc of 0.7.

2 12" subs in isobarik will give you the same F3 and Qtc with a VB of 0.5 cu. ft, but half the sensitivy of 1 sub but the same Max SPL as 1 sub (given that Max SPL is directly related to Xmax x Sd).

Hence 4 12" subs in 1 cu. ft. isobarik will give you the same F3, Qtc and sensitivity of 1 sub but twice the Max SPL provided you have the power required on tap.

a good (SQ or SPL) sub will only jar if not installed properly.

Quote:
SWX-1243D (Alpine)
13W7 (JL)
There are subs that come with a good reputation.

If you have heard all these subs can you please post your opinion and comparitive report on the same. It could serve as a good reference for others.

If I wer you I'd consider this

Amps: 1.5-1.8L - get a big monoblock (for 4 12" you are looking at 1000W+) and a good 4 ch or another option is to get 3 powerful (100W x 4 @ 4 ohms & 500W x 2 @ 2ohms) 4 ch. amps like the Audison Vrx 4.300. Two amps drive the 4 subs and the 3rd amp drives the front and rear.

Speakers and Subs: 1.5-1.8L
damping and wires: 30-35K
HU: 30-35K
Old 5th April 2009, 01:48   #34
BHPian

thanks navin,y only 1 big mono?wont it be a easier install with 1 mono for each?
I really dont mind giving up all of my boot to subs,i love to listen to loud sounds,so by your suggestion i will get 4 12" or 2 15",and if i still want more then can i get more?
But even that MTX JACKHAMMER was jarring na?so even that is not properly installed?
I just want a very loud and tight bass.
What about capacitors?or new batter? will i need that also?
Old 5th April 2009, 09:15   #35
BHPian

Quote:
thanks navin,y only 1 big mono?wont it be a easier install with 1 mono for each?
I really dont mind giving up all of my boot to subs,i love to listen to loud sounds,so by your suggestion i will get 4 12" or 2 15",and if i still want more then can i get more?
But even that MTX JACKHAMMER was jarring na?so even that is not properly installed?
I just want a very loud and tight bass.
What about capacitors?or new batter? will i need that also
?

Hi
Well loud and tight bass depends upon the the enclosure , how is that made . Different enclosures sounds diff eg.. A one who listens hip hop will need 2 design the box keeping that in mind and the one listening trance needs to design it other way . Though the difference is design isnt that much but still a small difference in the box changes the whole sound setup .

And yea you will be needing batteries too .

I wonder how will u sit in the car once the setup is done
Old 5th April 2009, 09:40   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
thanks navin,y only 1 big mono?
so by your suggestion i will get 4 12" or 2 15
But even that MTX JACKHAMMER was jarring na?
What about capacitors?or new batter? will i need that also?
You have a 4L budget. Of this budget we have budgeted about 1.5L for the amps for budget you can afford only 1 good mono and one good 4 ch. amp (Audison Vrx Series, Steg Competition, Alpine PDX, Arc Audio (KS for subs), JL-HD, etc..).

I'd prefer 2 15" over 4 12" but you said you wanted 4 12" woofers so I suggested 4 12".

At that volume you will need not only a whoe lot of damping but some of the door panels would have to be reinforced to prevent jarring.
Old 5th April 2009, 12:00   #37
BHPian

no,im asking that if i dont get a very powerful monoblock,but just 2 1000 watts monos for the 2 1000 watts subs (15").wouldnt that be less costlier and less complicated?as i dont understand how will any one power 2 subs from just 1 channel,if there are 2 i can understand.
Also as ankit suggested i would need new batteries,so which ones should i go for and how much approximate cost?also as i asked earlier,should i go for any capacitors?
I really dont mind giving my complete boot for the subs.

Ankit - Dude im just putting stuff in my trunk,so how will i have a problem in sitting?
Old 5th April 2009, 12:21   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i dont understand how will any one power 2 subs from just 1 channel ,i would need new batteries,so which ones should i go for and how much approximate cost?also as i asked earlier,should i go for any capacitors?
yes you can easily wire 2 subs to a mono amp.
as for the battery first decide your equipment and the decide which battery/alternator to go with.
you can go for caps.

Last edited by karankapoor : 5th April 2009 at 12:23.
Old 5th April 2009, 12:29   #39
BHPian

Quote:
no,im asking that if i dont get a very powerful monoblock,but just 2 1000 watts monos for the 2 1000 watts subs (15").wouldnt that be less costlier and less complicated?as i dont understand how will any one power 2 subs from just 1 channel,if there are 2 i can understand.
Also as ankit suggested i would need new batteries,so which ones should i go for and how much approximate cost?also as i asked earlier,should i go for any capacitors?
I really dont mind giving my complete boot for the subs.

Ankit - Dude im just putting stuff in my trunk,so how will i have a problem in sitting?

Dude i meant how will you be able to sit in the car with so loud music playing .

And batteries will be depending upon the amps u will be buying and same is the case for alternator .
Old 5th April 2009, 12:31   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_chd View Post
Dude i meant how will you be able to sit in the car with so loud music playing .

And batteries will be depending upon the amps u will be buying and same is the case for alternator .
Don't forget to add the 3 big upgrade if hes gonna just stuff amps and subs in the boot.
Old 5th April 2009, 12:48   #41
BHPian

i suppose u will have to get capacitors ? maybe ? experts throw some light on this
Old 5th April 2009, 12:48   #42
BHPian

Ankit,i already have a habit of playing loud music,and it is still less for me,that is why i want more and i am sure within a year of this install,i will put in more subs and amps.

Abhibh,what 3 big installs?AMP,SUB,HU?

Also as navin suggested,2 15" subs,so can any one suggest a good SQL 15" sub.
Old 5th April 2009, 13:03   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Don't forget to add the 3 big upgrade if hes gonna just stuff amps and subs in the boot.

first let him decide what all he wants he is still not clear,and as for the battery i think stock will do till150 amps not sure though,

big three =i haven't upgraded mine yet.
Old 5th April 2009, 13:15   #44
BHPian

but dudes what is the BIG THREE?
Now toh i really want to know.
But navin has said get a huge mono block and 2 15"s so i really dont thin that the stock battery will be enough,because even now in my wagon r,the lights dim with big beats,ant it has only 1 sub with about 500 rms,so 4 times of that will definately strain the batteries.
Old 5th April 2009, 17:55   #45
Senior - BHPian

Big three is something related to wiring.
The battery to chassis or something like that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks