Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2007, 03:50   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
You are conspiring against me to shell out for a sub. I am trying to bring down my budget. So was looking at all this.
And good to see you in ICE section Sam.
No Tanveer, it's not a conspiracy. In the other thread you had talked about 100Hz to 200Hz and 14000Hz to 14100Hz differences, then you must be knowing that 20-80Hz is equivalent to 5K-20KHz and both are counted as 2 octaves in audio world. Though the last 1/3rd octave (roughly above 16KHz) is actually not even audible to many people, it more or less gets compensated for this comparison as there is not much music content below 30Hz (movies can have even subsonic effects). But remaining portions of those 2-octave bands are quite important. I am surprised to see that you are almost not bothered about anything below 80-100Hz! It is like sucking life out of the music. This is of course all IMHO, how much to care for bass and how much to spend on it is up to you. But be sure to know exactly what you would miss.

You can find many people having setups without subs (many of my friends are examples), but those people don't do as much research as we are doing either and/or they don't care as much as we do. Another most likely problem with such setups is that speakers might have been crossed over at lower than optimal/safe frequency. Temptation to turn that volume knob far upward even once may invite permanent damage to woofers (unless of course they have some protection). Bright tweeters, bass/treble/equalizers set at extremes, unnaturally and excessively thumping subs are in general (rightfully) looked down upon by audiophiles, but that doesn't mean these things should be eliminated altogether. There was somebody who hated tweeters so much that he didn't want to have any. Don't remember clearly, but was that you? If budget was a constraint, I would save on rear speakers, and may be on amps for front speakers, but try to get a sub first (which anyway needs at least a single channel amp for itself).
Old 30th June 2007, 04:58   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Coaxials

The least expensive and most common type of car speaker is the coaxial. The coaxial consists of a midran.....some companies to make their speakers to appear more efficient than they are. Most loudspeakers will be in the ninety decibel range. Keep in mind that a difference of three decibels is equivalent to a doubling of the amplifier power.

NOW U DECIDE WHAT U WANT
-HCP
sir from where did you copy paste this info any links...
Old 30th June 2007, 07:57   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
No Tanveer, it's not a conspiracy. In the other thread you had talked about 100Hz to 200Hz and 14000Hz to 14100Hz differences, then ................ get a sub first (which anyway needs at least a single channel amp for itself).

look Tanveer all of us are recommending you a sub because it make a big difference.. so dont leave the sub behind.
Old 30th June 2007, 10:44   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
sir from where did you copy paste this info any links...
He's written quite clearly on on the title of his post LBM. www.caraudiohelp.com

*offering thicker glasses*
Old 30th June 2007, 11:16   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
He's written quite clearly on on the title of his post LBM. Car Audio Help - Information Site

*offering thicker glasses*
Ok Sam Bhai

Old 30th June 2007, 20:55   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No Tanveer, it's not a conspiracy. In the other thread you had talked about 100Hz to 200Hz and 14000Hz to 14100Hz differences, then you must be knowing that 20-80Hz is equivalent to 5K-20KHz and both are counte
was somebody who hated tweeters so much that he didn't want to have any. Don't remember clearly, but was that you? If budget was a constraint, I would save on rear speakers, and may be on amps for front speakers, but try to get a sub first (which anyway needs at least a single channel amp for itself).
Santosh, while I totally agree with everything that you have to say over here, there is one thing you dont know, and that is.. how tsk likes his sound.

If I have got it right, he'd be very happy with something like a pair of Celestion 12" full-range coaxial pro-drivers playing everything from 80 Hz to 14-15k, and doing it loud and aggressively, just like your everyday pro driver would. Thats the sound he wants, and thats the reason for all this back and forth discussion. Also, if I am not mistaken, he barely listens to music where anything under 50 Hz needs accentuation. Please dont thrust a sub upon him, I think. That band of frequecies barely interests him. I know many people like that.
Old 30th June 2007, 21:11   #97
BHPian

Bass maker.. .Check out the heading of my posting... I have given the orginal link from where i got the info..... Never intend to take the credit of it by pasting it here... Cheers
-HCP
Old 30th June 2007, 21:43   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Santosh, while I totally agree with everything that you have to say over here, there is one thing you dont know, and that is.. how tsk likes his sound.

If I have got it right, he'd be very happy with something like a pair of Celestion 12" full-range coaxial pro-drivers playing everything from 80 Hz to 14-15k, and doing it loud and aggressively, just like your everyday pro driver would. Thats the sound he wants, and thats the reason for all this back and forth discussion. Also, if I am not mistaken, he barely listens to music where anything under 50 Hz needs accentuation. Please dont thrust a sub upon him, I think. That band of frequecies barely interests him. I know many people like that.

Exactly, this is what I said in the other thread earlier. A sub isn't always necessary.
Old 1st July 2007, 13:42   #99
Senior - BHPian

B&T, Gunbir, no disagreement with you guys. I don't usually advise others simply because I don't consider myself qualified (enough) to do that. However, in tsk's case somehow I had a feeling that his decision is not well informed (and I could be wrong). So, I just gave him details about my views on subs to encourage him to give it a 2nd thought. It may appear so, but I am not really forcing him to go for a sub and it is evident from lines below:

Quote:
This is of course all IMHO, how much to care for bass and how much to spend on it is up to you. But be sure to know exactly what you would miss.
Old 1st July 2007, 13:50   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
If I have got it right, he'd be very happy with something like a pair of Celestion 12" full-range coaxial pro-drivers playing everything from 80 Hz to 14-15k, and doing it loud and aggressively,
but Ajay Bhai which car audio speaker in a limited budget can perform this range. thats why I think he will complete the sound spectrum with a sub + midbass combo.

but if Tanveer is ready to put two celestion drivers in the boot then I think he wil be a satisfied person what say tanveer they can both go loud and clear at the same time.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 1st July 2007 at 13:52.
Old 1st July 2007, 14:07   #101
Team-BHP Support

If I can get an amp+speakers for 25K which will give me a 60-15K range loud and clear, I am sold!
But something tells me that the stuff you are talking about is way way way beyond 25K
Old 1st July 2007, 18:57   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
but Ajay Bhai which car audio speaker in a limited budget can perform this range. thats why I think he will complete the sound spectrum with a sub + midbass combo.

but if Tanveer is ready to put two celestion drivers in the boot then I think he wil be a satisfied person what say tanveer they can both go loud and clear at the same time.
I know one chap who is using two of these 12s in a Wagon R. Absolutely no other car audio products appeals to him. Since they are available in 8ohms only, he uses it in parallel on a bridged 2-channel amp hence mono.

Somthing like this would suit tsk's palate very well.

Worst case scenario (or best case, depending on how you look at it), would be for Tanveer to add a 8" sub to his system.

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 1st July 2007 at 19:00.
Old 1st July 2007, 19:59   #103
Team-BHP Support

Navin said some time back that a Pair of good 6x9 would be as good as a 8" sub as per base response.
Old 1st July 2007, 21:00   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Navin said some time back that a Pair of good 6x9 would be as good as a 8" sub as per base response.
In your case.. Yes. Otherwise, regular 6x9s cant play bass like a sub.
Old 1st July 2007, 21:53   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Something little above 60.4 in power and performance..
JBL's got a 4ch. 60th anniversary amp out called the 4060 it is sort in between the 60.4 and 75.4 in power.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks