Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
@B&T-bhai, how much would that cost?
-Power W6
-Power M6
-Pro 6MI
-Pro 65ND
The M6 must be about 10k for a pair, The Pro 6/ 65 must be 5-6k a pair. Not sure.
Old 2nd July 2007, 12:23   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Relative, mon ami. @LBM has achieved the same by delaying the >60Hz part.
Yeah, I got him right and that is to be expected also (presuming ">60Hz" means greater than 60Hz). That is why the question- will phase control in sub be of any use given that it will be located (in the boot) farther than main speakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
All XOs have a phase as well as a roll off (freq.) response. Even 1st order "phase coherent" XOs have a phase response.
No two words.

Quote:
I have never bothered to implement a passive ladder network in a speaker crossover but prefer to do so at the line level instead (the disadvantage is that each driver needs it's own amplifier).
I don't want to go to that extreme (active system) due to cost/complexity, at least not for now. All I am looking for is the best "commercial" component pair I can have within my affordability (About Rs. 10K). And I feel this Alpine XO should be better than usual fixed ones. BTW, the Polk momo that I had mentioned somewhere else also has some relative phase control between woofer and tweeter, but it is more crude, not flexible to this extent.
Old 2nd July 2007, 12:56   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Der Alte, the bass blocker will also let you play the front speakers louder, but you already knew that didn't you.
That's what I was doing earlier, with a slight rearwards setting of the fader to get some LF from the rear coaxes.

@B&T's comment earlier on Safari's drivers had got me thinking, and I wanted to try out what they were capable of without the blockers - before changing drivers and putting in amps. The current stock HU-driver combo goes whoop-whump-whoop for <150Hz beyond level 24 (max is 40) on the Blau HU.
Old 2nd July 2007, 13:41   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
I don't want to go to that extreme (active system) due to cost/complexity, at least not for now..
no I am doing this for home audio.

i'd never try to do this for car audio today. there is too much goingon in my car for me to concentrt on music and appreciate this effort.
Old 2nd July 2007, 13:55   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
there is too much goingon in my car for me to concentrt on music and appreciate this effort.
OT: That was rather enigmatic.
What do you do in your car? Or is it someone else doing something else in your car that is distracting you?
Ambiguity in English language expressions can be really dangerously hilarious.
Old 2nd July 2007, 14:29   #127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
OT: That was rather enigmatic.
What do you do in your car? Ambiguity in English language expressions can be really dangerously hilarious.
Der Alte, you are old enoughto read betwen the lines.

BTW when we travel (as a family) we usually have more thn one conversation going. so that is what I was refering to. No wonder "they" call you the Dirty Old man.
Old 2nd July 2007, 14:49   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Der Alte, you are old enoughto read betwen the lines.

BTW when we travel (as a family) we usually have more thn one conversation going. so that is what I was refering to. No wonder "they" call you the Dirty Old man.
All in jest, sire. Et tu, brutus! My thoughts had been on the same lines as you described - you have said earler that you have a driver, so other situations are unlikely.
Old 2nd July 2007, 15:05   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
sub which has continuous phase control
ya i think it will help...

when I had not done the time alignment there was a very huge dip in sound major the midbass freq... when I am sitting with my back resting the seat and when I move a bit further

there was a huge difference.but now since the TA is done there is no dips observed...the above was caused because the midbass and the sub were canceling some ofthe freq but i think the phase control can help us here also....
Old 18th July 2007, 00:13   #130
BHPian

if u r on a budget get components for the front cheap but good components
would be boston (around 5000 ) slightly higer budget u would get rockford fosgate , focus , jbl and so on would suggest u go in for components for the front and decent Coaxial speakers at the back accoding to your budget
Old 18th July 2007, 03:49   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamballal View Post
if u r on a budget get components for the front cheap but good components
would be boston (around 5000 ) slightly higer budget u would get rockford fosgate , focus , jbl and so on would suggest u go in for components for the front and decent Coaxial speakers at the back accoding to your budget
Hi Gautam,

Interesting advice, but who to? If you're answering the first post in this thread, he asked that question a little over 2 years ago.
Since then he's moderated 12020 posts, got married, got 980 new white hair and is now my good friend.
Old 18th July 2007, 09:50   #132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Since then he's moderated 12020 posts, got married, got 980 new white hair and is now my good friend.
and he got a new Double DIN Clarion HU!
Old 18th July 2007, 10:43   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Thats why a component is a necessary compromise and proper installation is important to maximize the capability of the product.
I'd like to see some pictures of proper and neat component installations in the front and back.

I think installation of the tweeters is tricky if the car doesn't have any tweeter pods. I'd prefer the tweeters to be concealed nicely out of sight and not just jut out of the dash (or stuck on the dash using Araldite lol) or the pillars.
Old 18th July 2007, 10:47   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyDust View Post
I think installation of the tweeters is tricky if the car doesn't have any tweeter pods. I'd prefer the tweeters to be concealed nicely out of sight and not just jut out of the dash (or stuck on the dash using Araldite lol) or the pillars.

Ya tweeter come with there pods. with flush and base mounting as a standard ones...and Please don't use Araldite for the job. Instead use the double side adhesive tape.
Old 18th July 2007, 22:42   #135
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I planning to put component speakers in the front with amp.
Is it alright if I move the front speakers to the rear doors?
I have co axials at the rear, behind the seats?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks