Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2009, 20:11   #91
BHPian

carpc updates !!

Hi Shubhodeep,
I used to have a carpc in my fusion before, not anymore now.
But my next plan is a second attempt in it ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Thats an awesome setup netarchie. Very impressive indeed.

As for the PC, did you consider the Mac Mini setup? Its very compact and comes loaded with Mac OS. Also, it is pretty much powerful irrespective of its size and you can install windows 7 in it via bootcamp. But I dont know if it would have helped you in reducing the total cost of your setup.
Thanks, Yes, Mac Mini makes a good setup for a carpc project. I might consider it for my other car which I am planning right now.

On my carpc updates,

I am back to windows xp sp3. I faced issues with hibernation, low volume and the major problem was with the steering remote control. It used to take lot of time to initialize. So decided to get back to the good old xp.
As of now the situation is under control.

I am also not using hibernation with XP, doing a complete shutdown and startup. Everything works as expected with some delay, but thats ok.

Meanwhile I have been playing with a software called touchscan which takes input from the OBD port of the car and displays various parameters like FE ect. Attaching pics of the software.

Also I had brought a bluetooth OBD for my fusion, but the thing worked exactly for 10 mintues before blowing off !! attaching pics of that also.
Attached Thumbnails
Hondaputer !! Carpc in my ANHC !-10102009336.jpg  

Hondaputer !! Carpc in my ANHC !-10102009337.jpg  

Hondaputer !! Carpc in my ANHC !-10102009340.jpg  

Hondaputer !! Carpc in my ANHC !-10102009341.jpg  

Hondaputer !! Carpc in my ANHC !-10102009338.jpg  

Hondaputer !! Carpc in my ANHC !-01102009334.jpg  

Hondaputer !! Carpc in my ANHC !-01102009335.jpg  

Old 10th October 2009, 20:23   #92
Senior - BHPian

^^^ what is the cost of this OBD interface.
Old 10th October 2009, 21:35   #93
BHPian

@ siralec, Its 54.67 $
DealExtreme: $54.67 ELM327 Bluetooth OBD-II Wireless Transceiver Dongle
Old 10th October 2009, 23:44   #94
Senior - BHPian

This company has some great in-vehicle computers.
Embedded SBC, Embedded PC, Fanless Embedded System,Industrial PC, Embedded Computer, Single Board Computer from ACROSSER
Old 10th October 2009, 23:53   #95
BHPian

How did you blow the OBD ? Did smell coming out from OBD port ? BT OBD tends to get hot after a few mins use.
Old 11th October 2009, 00:05   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Thanks srishiva, I will check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
How did you blow the OBD ? Did smell coming out from OBD port ? BT OBD tends to get hot after a few mins use.
Hi Nisarg,
I had connected the obd device to my cars port for about 10 mnts. I had my mobile connected to it via bluetooth and could read the engine speed, rpm ect. I was happy , but it was shortlived !!
I heard a sound first and then sensed the burning smell, i immediately removed and could clearly smell the plastic burning.
Allowed it to cool for sometime, reinseted, but it will not work !
I have written to dealerxtreme but I done think they are going to reply.

have you tried the skype plugin in centrafuse?. if not try it. Its good.

Hows your phone/mic working. I do sometimes have the echo , sometimes its crytal clear, strange but true. But as of not things are just working and I am happy ;-).

I am taking the carpc on a long trip next week, lets see how it fares !!
Old 11th October 2009, 02:21   #97
BHPian

Hey! Dealextreme will RMA for sure. just wait for the reply.
Vijay. suggest me a good bluetooth dongle. which one you are using ? mine is 2.0 BT unbranded.
I have given up on Phone Function in CF. mic gets muted after the 1st call. in my setup ECHO is not the problem as Andrea does the great Job. I have reported the problem to Scott(Fluxmedia).
I am waiting for CF3 now. Yes i have tried Skype Plugin and it works really great.

I am yet to find High Gain Antenna for my Board. will do it in couple of weeks. current data transfer is pretty low merely 1 Mbps. As Case sits under the seat and distance between my garage and AP is 75-100ft. with thick wall.
Old 11th October 2009, 03:33   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
Allowed it to cool for sometime, reinseted, but it will not work !
I have written to dealerxtreme but I done think they are going to reply.
If the housing is burnt as well, you can probably take a picture and upload it with your complaint to dealextreme.

The response from them is delayed, but they will respond favorably in case of faulty products.
Old 11th October 2009, 09:11   #99
Senior - BHPian

How much is the gain seting for mic you have used. i get feeback when exceeding 5% and cant increase volume beyond 40% with this setting. i have a normal mic.
Old 11th October 2009, 18:28   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
Hey! Dealextreme will RMA for sure. just wait for the reply.
Vijay. suggest me a good bluetooth dongle. which one you are using ? mine is 2.0 BT unbranded.
I have given up on Phone Function in CF. mic gets muted after the 1st call. in my setup ECHO is not the problem as Andrea does the great Job. I have reported the problem to Scott(Fluxmedia).
I am waiting for CF3 now. Yes i have tried Skype Plugin and it works really great.

I am yet to find High Gain Antenna for my Board. will do it in couple of weeks. current data transfer is pretty low merely 1 Mbps. As Case sits under the seat and distance between my garage and AP is 75-100ft. with thick wall.
I really hope they do, cause the Bluetooth OBD was so convenient and I could use it with my phone as well!

You can try the Jabra A 320S bluetooth adapter. It is available through various Indian online shopping sites. I got mine from rediff or indiatimes. Cost me under 1000 rs. It works well and is supported by bluesoliel.
I am currenty using this - Belkin : Mini Bluetooth Adapter

You should be able to find the belkin one here too.

I guess the phone getting muted is an CF bug. When you choose your speaker/Mic device in the Phone advanced settings in CF page, this happens.

What you can try is - disable your onboard audio in your zotac and use andrea as a sound card and choose none in the CF phone properties for Audio devices. Worth a try I guess, only your Andrea should be a usb soundcard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
If the housing is burnt as well, you can probably take a picture and upload it with your complaint to dealextreme.

The response from them is delayed, but they will respond favorably in case of faulty products.
I have uploaded the pics as well and described the entire scenario. Its been 5 days now, no reply yet. But I have no other choice than to patiently wait for their reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
How much is the gain seting for mic you have used. i get feeback when exceeding 5% and cant increase volume beyond 40% with this setting. i have a normal mic.
I too have a normal mic, I use almost 70 - 80 % mic volume along with Mic boost.
Old 13th November 2009, 00:48   #101
BHPian

Hi Guys, Even though I am a little okay with technical knowledge, or that is what I thought until I saw this forum, YOU GUYS ARE WAY TOO AMAZING, Especially Netarchie! GOOD GOING! I was wondering what I could do to my swift diesel, and whether It would show all the engine sensors etc, I am a newbie when it comes to carputers but would definitely like to install one! could any of you please take the time out and explain it to me, I live in bangalore, and if any of you live here please let me know, i'll drop in an meet you. I really want to learn about this. thanks guys
Old 13th November 2009, 01:53   #102
BHPian

@adarshbr. check out my thread. for swift carputer.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ion-swift.html
OBD wont work on our swift. SDH has tested it on his swift diesel. :(
Old 14th November 2009, 16:19   #103
BHPian

First, That is one clean setup, Beautiful.
You're using a USB GPS right? How accurate is it? Im planning the same one for my ride too so thought of getting some reviews about it before i get my hands on it.
Old 15th November 2009, 09:07   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarshbr View Post
Hi Guys, Even though I am a little okay with technical knowledge, or that is what I thought until I saw this forum, YOU GUYS ARE WAY TOO AMAZING, Especially Netarchie! GOOD GOING! I was wondering what I could do to my swift diesel, and whether It would show all the engine sensors etc, I am a newbie when it comes to carputers but would definitely like to install one! could any of you please take the time out and explain it to me, I live in bangalore, and if any of you live here please let me know, i'll drop in an meet you. I really want to learn about this. thanks guys
Thanks,
As nisarg pointed out, go through his swift carpc thread.
There are lot of carpc threads and discussions going on. You will find a lot of info in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
First, That is one clean setup, Beautiful.
You're using a USB GPS right? How accurate is it? Im planning the same one for my ride too so thought of getting some reviews about it before i get my hands on it.
Thanks.
Yes, I am using an USB gps.
I have placed it on the parcel tray (rear end). I find it very good and it picks up gps signals fast.

---------

I have upgraded to CF3 and also back to windows 7. I have decided to not use hibernate anymore as it is always giving issues. Cold start takes time but is more reliable.

I liked the CF3 interface, but lack of plugins at the moment makes it dull utility wise.
Will post pics and update after using it for some more time.
Old 15th November 2009, 10:03   #105
BHPian

Does your touch freeze when you resume your carputer from hybernation?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks