Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2009, 12:38   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Blau THx coaxes are not bright (I have heard them playing from Blau HU as well as Blau amp), so high frequency bias must be in the HU itself.
Thanks on speaker feedback by which at least I assured on my hu-clarion & speaker brand quality.

Quote:
@Dhams, what @greenh0rn meant was that you should rip your audio CDs at 256kbps and above.
but how? Assuming some software (like Nero in my PC) will do this job?, not sure(may be sound stupid question again)
Old 26th November 2009, 13:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Search the forum - there is a thread on ripping audio CDs somewhere. Yes, one needs a software like Nero, WMP or ITunes - there are many others.
Old 26th November 2009, 14:11   #18
BANNED

Yeap, got it (The loss less v/s lossy format...) thanks.

So, route will be >finger play on default settings> ripping high quality files & play > (hope this wouldn't be case)testing other speakers.
Old 30th November 2009, 22:43   #19
BANNED

Landing in new problem:
Head unit automaticaly getting power off & after 5 minutes turns ON itself. This happens repeatadly.

Pls help.

Last edited by Dhams : 30th November 2009 at 23:00.
Old 1st December 2009, 12:03   #20
Team-BHP Support

You mean to say the HU is going on and off every 5 mintures by itself.
Old 1st December 2009, 13:34   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
You mean to say the HU is going on and off every 5 mintures by itself.
yes sir and with clock displaying 1:00am every instant of power on & off., during car parking & running both time...
Old 1st December 2009, 17:29   #22
Senior - BHPian

The usual culprit is loose wire, but this might be something internal. Dismantle the HU and mount it once again.
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:38   #23
BANNED

Yeap it was the case DerAlte and resolved now. thanks.

After trying diff settings, I decided to think over component in front with leaving 6x9 in rear, as doing excellent job.
Questions in mind:
1) By putting front component, how's chances to reduce high frequency (sharpness, chhan-chhan..) and improvement in voice sweetness?
2) 4incher compo will do the job? or I will have to take a call of cutting my door (hope it wouldn't be as I hate surgery on my beauty-santro) with considering 6incher compo. If yes which brand/model?
3) Should I have to seriously opt amplifier also, if component to be advised here.
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

1. There are differing opinions on whether to put components or coaxes in front in smaller cars like Santro (stock location near knees), Matiz/Spark, Wagon-R etc. 4" don't have any mid-bass to speak of, neither components nor coaxes. It all boils down to sound signature of the speaker you want to use. Some, like JBL coax, are a bit bright. Others, like Illusion components or Hertz and Blaupunkt coaxes, are not. On the other hand, vocals are stronger in JBL. I would recommend listening to as many 4" as possible to figure out which ones you like, before taking a decision

2. Cutting the door to accommodate 6.5" is an irreversible process. If you sell the car, you will have to give off your speakers with it, as you will not be able to mask the hole

3. First listen to the speakers without the amp in your car. Amp will definitely make the listening experience better, but it will not remove the limitations
Old 3rd December 2009, 19:09   #25
BANNED

Thanks for pointwise ans.
Am happy on bass & vocals considering basic set up. But harness killing the music in some of the songs.
By the way, is there 6.5inche compo make sense to problem?
Old 28th January 2010, 17:05   #26
BANNED

pl guide me how can i connect my mobile/i-pod as aux-in. Ignore my knowledge if sound this basic question. I attached wiring diagram of Clarion 576usb for ready view.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Wiring diagram Clarion 576.pdf (320.2 KB, 324 views)
Old 29th January 2010, 13:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

You just need an earphone-jack to RCA plug cable for that. The earphone-jack goes into the earphone socket of your mobile / PMP / iPod, and the RCA plugs go into the sockets coming out the HU (you have correctly indicated the sockets in the diagram).

Please remember that with this type of connection your iPod will not charge, nor will you be able to control the iPod from the HU - you will have to control it directly at the iPod.
Old 29th January 2010, 14:48   #28
BANNED

I assume two RCA plug fits into the two sockets (7,8 mentioned in attachment) of HU. Am I right?

Which is the best brand of earphone jack? price?
EDIT:- pics? (if available)

Last edited by Dhams : 29th January 2010 at 14:52.
Old 29th January 2010, 17:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhams View Post
I assume two RCA plug fits into the two sockets (7,8 mentioned in attachment) of HU. Am I right? ...
Yes. I had used the plural form of plug: plugs!

Not sure of the price or brand, but it should be available at any shop that deals with audio / video. Looks like this:

Its Clarion's small brother with +bonus! ( Clarion 576 usb )-ep2rca.jpg
Old 30th January 2010, 10:00   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks. But jack (top,black in pics) looks like a pin then how it go into the socket of mobile/i-pod.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks