Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2010, 17:17   #46
Senior - BHPian

Crimson;its looks like a bad work IMHO.

A good install is needed for a good system.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:40   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Couldn't agree more on this one. Decent equipment needs similar level of workmanship for the install.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:53   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
Couldn't agree more on this one. Decent equipment needs similar level of workmanship for the install.
I know guys... Thats why I am asking for a reference of someone in Pune who could re-do the install and set it up for me. I'm willing to pay again to get a good job done.

Please let me know..
Old 5th January 2010, 17:57   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
I know guys... Thats why I am asking for a reference of someone in Pune who could re-do the install and set it up for me. I'm willing to pay again to get a good job done.

Please let me know..
Most of the Pune TBHPians with some good install had got it done from Bass&Trouble (Ajay) in Mumbai. I remember moralfibre, amey and technocrat. Contact them and B&T.. A Fibreglass job will do wonders to your system and to your wallet!

EDIT: I remember in some thread, shrivz mentioned some very good installer in Pune, with whom you need to fix up an appointment months in advance..

Quote:
Someone asked about the location and pictures of the amp. It is placed under the front passenger seat. I can take a snap but there is nothing fancy to it. It does get mighty hot though... wonder if thats normal.
Amp getting a bit hot seems okay, but getting mighty hot is not a good sign. What gauge wires are you using to power it?

Last edited by cyclops : 5th January 2010 at 18:01.
Old 5th January 2010, 18:13   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, I dont think there are many in Pune. If you want a good quality setup, drive to Mumbai and get it done from Bass&Trouble, who has done both my installs, including Moralfibre's, Shrivz's, Technocrat's and many other Pune Tbhp members.
Also, B&T does magical tuning,Best tuning I have ever come across till date.

Quote:
I remember in some thread, shrivz mentioned some very good installer in Pune, with whom you need to fix up an appointment months in advance..
That must be Bhagat, My father used to give our cars to his father who was a master installer but nowadays he isn't active and his son is looking after the business. You have to take appointments months in advance and his charges would cost an arm n leg
Neither do I have that kinda money nor do I have that much patience. So I would never go to him, although this is my personal opinion.

@ Crimson,
I would really recommend you drive to Mumbai for install from B&T, its worth it.
These days he is very very busy so you might have to wait a bit.Why not get in touch with him, PM him ?

You can check out my install pics and if needed, you can personally see the install since the car is in pune anyway.
Old 5th January 2010, 18:13   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
Amp getting a bit hot seems okay, but getting mighty hot is not a good sign. What gauge wires are you using to power it?
Its a monster cable kit - i believe it's 8mm(square)
Old 5th January 2010, 18:16   #52
BHPian

8Ga power cable is fine for that Amp.
Old 5th January 2010, 18:26   #53
Senior - BHPian

8ga. = 10 mm.sq.
4ga. = 25 mm.sq.
Old 5th January 2010, 18:57   #54
Senior - BHPian

Other than the wrong direction setting of the tweeters, there is nothing essentially wrong with the install. Just point the tweeters correctly - right one towards passenger, left one towards driver. Brightness should reduce by this itself.
Old 6th January 2010, 08:46   #55
BHPian

Ill give this a shot today evening.

However, I may be wrong but the brightness in this set comes from the vocals. They are just too overpowering as compared to the tweets and the mid-bass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Other than the wrong direction setting of the tweeters, there is nothing essentially wrong with the install. Just point the tweeters correctly - right one towards passenger, left one towards driver. Brightness should reduce by this itself.
Old 6th January 2010, 11:26   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Ill give this a shot today evening.
DA's suggestion will solve your brightness issue..!
Quote:
However, I may be wrong but the brightness in this set comes from the vocals. They are just too overpowering as compared to the tweets and the mid-bass.
I'm not sure, but the brightness is always associated with the tweeter. Are you using the equalizer settings on your HU? Try keeping them on flat and then check.
Old 7th January 2010, 10:20   #57
BHPian

Change HU & Retain B&Me?

Can I retain the Blue & Me after upgrading the HU if I get:

http://www.blaupunkt.de/index.php?id...dfproducts_pi1[view]=423

EDIT: The link above does not redirect correctly from here. I am referring to the Hamburg or the Bremen.

&

CTSFA004 CAN-Bus steering control adaptor Steering Control Adaptor - Car Audio Direct

I spoke to Pandit and they said that if I upgrade to a Blaupunkt high end system then I can retain the Blue and Me. Is this true?

Last edited by Crimson : 7th January 2010 at 10:23.
Old 7th January 2010, 10:25   #58
BHPian

There is some module or something which allows to retain the stock HU for controls but takes over the audio part so that you can do TA, have preouts to connect to the amp and so on.
B&T has used this in one of his BMW X5 installs and some other installs like Superb where the owner did not want to lose the steering controls.

Why don't you ask him, maybe he can help you out in this matter.
Amey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2010, 13:29   #59
Senior - BHPian

Since the original HU is Blaupunkt, and Blaupunkt HU interfaces are standardized, one would expect the Blue & Me adapter to work with the other HUs. Best would be to ask the dealer to demonstrate by swapping the HU.
Old 7th January 2010, 13:53   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
There is some module or something which allows to retain the stock HU for controls but takes over the audio part so that you can do TA, have preouts to connect to the amp and so on.
B&T has used this in one of his BMW X5 installs and some other installs like Superb where the owner did not want to lose the steering controls...
There are a few such devices now available in the market. The current best is the Audison Bit One (earlier version had some relibility issues), the most commonly available is the Alpine 650, the RF 360.2 offers some degree of user control but is known to introduce hiss if not crefully tuned, and lastly the JBL MS-8 is expected to be commercially available in a few months.

My wife uses the Alpine 650 for her ANHC. However because it offers a very limited degree of control we had to trick it to sound like we wanted it to.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks