Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 10:32   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
your RF acts as a line driver and will push out current close to 5V.

maybe he figured the LC6 was only $35 so might as well get it.
Old 17th February 2010, 13:27   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post

maybe he figured the LC6 was only $35 so might as well get it.
May be he could make use of the LC6 between the RF and the amp to boost the current more for the sub and comps, could help a bit in keeping the gains a bit lower on the amp, provided LC6 is installed as close to the amp by connecting through the smaller RCA cord. May be it might work a bit too keep the cleaner output.
Old 18th February 2010, 01:59   #78
BHPian

Ok.. I guess I owe an explanation.

I plan to use the LC6i between the HU & the 3.sixty. I have read in multiple forums that the 3sixty has stability issues if:

a. driven directly with High level inputs
b. using preouts where the voltage level is low.

I'm no expert here but this is the source where I read about these issues.
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 -Long- Review - E46Fanatics

In this explanation, the user had to use an Audiocontrol MATRIX line driver between the stock HU and the 3sixty for it to work properly. In my case, the stock HU does not have pre-outs, hence I got the LC6i which is an LOC + a line driver.

Then considering that I could get the LC6i for just 35$, I went ahead and bought it.

Last edited by Crimson : 18th February 2010 at 02:09.
Old 18th February 2010, 02:07   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
BTW can you let me know from which site you bought the refurbished
360.2?.
A lot of searching on ebay! Just got lucky. But you do see a lot of them for about 70-80$ used :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Also can some one let me know if the 360.2 can be used to connect directly to the speakers (when there is no intermediate AMP involved?.).
Unlikely. The 3sixty.2 does not have speaker level outputs. It only has pre-outs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
That's a good price you got there for the RF. However I don't see how the LC6 can help here as the RF has a 5V output. So even if you feed it from the stock HU with lower current your RF acts as a line driver and will push out current close to 5V.
I plan to use it to boost the input signal to the 3sixty and not the output signal from the 3sixty. The link I have in my earlier posts indicates that in some cases it is needed to stabilize especially if you intend to use the stock HU volume knob instead of the external volume controller.

Something about the 3sixty's inability to adapt to the constant changes in the input levels which may at times drop too low.

Last edited by Crimson : 18th February 2010 at 02:25.
Old 18th February 2010, 19:15   #80
BHPian

@navin, @invisible,

What is your opinion of the problem faced by the user in the link that I posted. Please keep the comments rolling in.

The info will surely help when the install is re-done.
Old 19th February 2010, 00:09   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
What is your opinion of the problem faced by the user in the link that I posted. Please keep the comments rolling in..
looks like some sort of input overload was putting the 360.2 into protection mode via the high level inputs.
Old 19th February 2010, 00:36   #82
Senior - BHPian

Havn't gone through the link you put up, but generally the RF processor was designed to work with stock HU. Most stock HU have output of .2V in which case RF accepts that signal and puts out upto 5V. It has input sensitivity if upto 2V and can take max upto 4V if tuned right. It does have a speaker level input for the stock HU. If you using the LC6 between the HU and RF LC6 will put out high level output where as RF may not work comfortably. I say download the manual from the RF site have a good read at it. You will get every minute detail regarding the processor.
Some issues put up on the net could also be due to the way its intalled and depends a lot on tuning and the setup.
Old 7th March 2010, 02:46   #83
Senior - BHPian

Any updates on this project??
Old 11th March 2010, 05:48   #84
BHPian

Back in India. Havent yet found the time to get the stuff installed. Looks like it will need to wait till next month.
Old 8th July 2010, 22:58   #85
BHPian

Hi

Any updates on install?
Did you get the steering controls working?
Old 16th August 2010, 14:54   #86
BHPian

After a long long wait i finally installed the 3sixty.2 myself. It has made atleast an 80% improvement to the sound quality.

The problem with the extremely high treble is totally solved. It does not sound too sharp or bright anymore. Overall i'm quite pleased!

One problem that has got introduced is that sometimes i get a thud noise from the speakers when I start the car. This never used to happen before the 3Sixty was installed. Apart from that, no issues at all.

Looking to bridge channels 3 & 4 and put in a sub now. Any suggestions? I have started a new thread for this here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...-question.html
Old 17th August 2010, 22:18   #87
BHPian

Do you have any idea about the discounted price for 3sixty.2 in India. If not, can you please find out?
I am having a tough time finding it.
Old 1st September 2010, 14:28   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Do you have any idea about the discounted price for 3sixty.2 in India. If not, can you please find out?
I am having a tough time finding it.
Its available a couple of posts up on this same thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ml#post1735448
Old 1st October 2011, 05:34   #89
Senior - BHPian

Re: Punto ICE - Focal Access 165 A3 + Focal Solid 4 AMP

sorry to disturb an old thread, was reading a couple of punto ice threads for my cousin.

this may sound a little weird but, my question to you guys is, isnt it way cheaper to buy a steering without controls on it from fiat spares instead? and the aftermarket HU would just fit in along with its steering remote and rest of buttons and phone controls?

there are quite a few HUs with Bluetooth connections to your phone and stuff.
Old 5th September 2017, 09:42   #90
BHPian

Punto Speaker Upgrade from Focal 3way

Hi,

I currently have the following setup in my Punto:

1. Stock HU
2. RF 3Sixty.2
3. FOCAL Solid 4 amp
4. Focal Access 165 access 3 way components
5. MTX Road Thunder 12-04 Sub

I want do the following:

1. Change the HU to the Alpine UTE-62EBT. This is the only Alpine single DIN with 4V preouts and I never use CD's. This HU is a digital media player so no cd player.

2. Sell the Sub + 3sixty.2 + Focal Access 3ways.

3. Buy a good high sound quality set of 2 way components for the front that are good for 150-200watts RMS. Audible Physics? Focal K2 KRX3? I found the Focal a bit too bright though I eventually got used to them...

4. Use the FOCAL Solid 4 in 2x200watt bridged mode to drive the front comps.

My question:

1. Recommendations for the new front 2 way comps. Considering that I'd be losing the dedicated midrange is there a set that can compensate that we'll?

2. My budget would be whatever I get from selling the Sub + 3sixty.2 + Focal Access 3ways. I have no idea how much to ask for. Would really appreciate some guidance from you guys.

The Focal speakers and the 3 Sixty.2 I bought from the US and brought them down with me. The Solid 4 amp I bought locally from Pune.

Future plans: buy a dedicated mono and a better sub. Ignore for now...

Thanks
Arshish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks