Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2005, 07:17   #46
BHPian

JVC by Autocop

I think Autocop has started with JVC now or some another brand. emember reading it in Sept Autocar india.
Old 1st September 2005, 10:34   #47
Team-BHP Support

JVC is nice. i was drooling over their 855 the other day. but i think my alpine might sound nicer. cant say the 855 was in a CRV with 2 big amps, 2 12" Blau woofers and Blau speakers all around. Since I could only see the side of the amps i dont know what amps they were.
Old 7th September 2005, 06:41   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC
I have my doubts if sony is very good at car audio.. Their home aproducts TV may be good.. Certainly not car ones..
All my friend who have a Wagon R, have a sony and all are unhappy about the Sony playback quality and reading issue..
One of my friends bound a really high end Jink-chack Sony model (dunno number!) and had the same issue mentioned here. Sony service could not repair this.
I have the Pioneer 7650, Blaupunkt speakers, and all the sony owners are impressed wit the quality of sound, and always plays a Moser Bear RW with out a hitch..

How do I know If it is genuine.... I dont know , It plays!!

May I know which Blaupunkt and Sony speakers hv u clubbd you Pioneer Unit with? and how much did they cost you? Any Amps/Subs? What is the sound like? Any Distortion at high volumes?
Old 7th September 2005, 06:48   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Sony is what i want to change from. The warranty on my sony expired about 2 months back, therefore i need to shell out 1900rs on just the lens. Since most dealers whom i visited opined that sony has CD reading issues and i should go for pioneer/JVC i am changing. Now Pioneer does not have authorized retail in india, that leaves only JVC/Kenwood. I am wondering wether these two will have CD reading issues after about a year of use?
I will back you here, Many dealers here in chandigarh also said that Sony has some serious problems. And you won't believe one pretty big showroom for car audio and accessories doesn't even sell Sony for the same reason.
Old 7th September 2005, 06:58   #50
BHPian

Thank God I cam across this thread, I was seriously thinking abt buying Sony 5510 as my first system for Rs 5400.
As all the dealers kept cribbing abt Sony, I still wanted to go for it considering Sam's Advice that Sony sounds better than Pioneer. Wht Gud is Sony if Its not gonna read my CDs after sometime. I think I will stick to Pioneer 5750. Thanks All.
Old 7th September 2005, 13:54   #51
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well have read from a lot of users about the sony read error..but im not sure if this problem exists in the current models as they have been replaced with newer lenses(atleast thats what my dealer told me)..well i have a sony 5510 and its playing absolutely fine without a hitch..reads the worst cd-r and cd-rws too..and about 15-20 friends of mine have the sony HUs in their cars ranging from zen,lancers,citys,scorpios to skodas and none have had reading problems so far(few as old as 3 yrs or maybe more)..and i wouldnt suggest pioneers as i have seen the very same friends upgrade to sonys bcoz of the horrendous experiences they had with pioneers..yes sony did have probs but so did the pioneers..after a year or so all HUs have lense problems bcoz of excessive dust getting into the HU and this problem is not with sonys alone can happen even to the high end alpines..
Old 7th September 2005, 14:14   #52
Team-BHP Support

My dealer also told me the same thing that now sony comes with better lenses. As for pioneer problems he says there used to be lots of IC faliures but that has been rectified and the repair used to be 100-200rs instead of the 1500 you need for a lens. As for sony lens issue i have seen this happening on music systems also. Not only that if you have a crippled CD(The ones which cannot play on computers(Windoze) due to software BS) there is a good chance that the sony deck wont read it. But thats expected out of a company that believes in paying more to the lawyers than the engineers
Old 7th September 2005, 15:33   #53
Senior - BHPian

Not to be advocate for Sony or Pioneer, I have to say that Sony is indeed famous for making lenses that dont last long. I have a Sony 3300 for a year now, and it has stopped playing scratched MP3s and skips a lot too. I tihnk Pioneer are great in this scenario. However I have heard that Pioneers are susceptible to getting warm quite a bit. In any case, I love the sound of Sony over Pioneer, thus I have bought 5510, and 8800 in my other cars, even after knowing problems with 3300.
Old 7th September 2005, 15:44   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Not to be advocate for Sony or Pioneer, I have to say that Sony is indeed famous for making lenses that dont last long.
but that seems to have been rectified by sony so i dont think thats a problem from now on then !!!
Old 7th September 2005, 16:49   #55
Team-BHP Support

aseem, you prefer the sound of sony over Pio but the reliability of Pio (orignal) over sony? are you saying that? your post #53 has me confused. this is what i mean in requesting you have some empathy for us less forunate souls. we are sitting many miles away and cant possibly read between lines such as these. I, on my part, am trying to tone down the technicalailty of my posts.
Old 8th September 2005, 00:13   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
well have read from a lot of users about the sony read error..but im not sure if this problem exists in the current models as they have been replaced with newer lenses(atleast thats what my dealer told me)..well i have a sony 5510 and its playing absolutely fine without a hitch..reads the worst cd-r and cd-rws too..and about 15-20 friends of mine have the sony HUs in their cars ranging from zen,lancers,citys,scorpios to skodas and none have had reading problems so far(few as old as 3 yrs or maybe more)..and i wouldnt suggest pioneers as i have seen the very same friends upgrade to sonys bcoz of the horrendous experiences they had with pioneers..yes sony did have probs but so did the pioneers..after a year or so all HUs have lense problems bcoz of excessive dust getting into the HU and this problem is not with sonys alone can happen even to the high end alpines..
which Sony are you talking abt? The chinese one or the one with the warranty?
Old 8th September 2005, 00:27   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Not to be advocate for Sony or Pioneer, I have to say that Sony is indeed famous for making lenses that dont last long. I have a Sony 3300 for a year now, and it has stopped playing scratched MP3s and skips a lot too. I tihnk Pioneer are great in this scenario. However I have heard that Pioneers are susceptible to getting warm quite a bit. In any case, I love the sound of Sony over Pioneer, thus I have bought 5510, and 8800 in my other cars, even after knowing problems with 3300.
Navin, yes I like the sound of the Sony over Pioneer. I agree that Sony has problem reading CD's when they get old. However I still prefer the Sony to Pioneers due to their sound!
Old 8th September 2005, 00:50   #58
BANNED

well my dealer is a very good friend of mine..so buy stuff from him without the bill and warranty..if any problem with the goods he will certainly see that they are repaired by him without charging me for it..well i give him atleast 5 cars a month(courtesy so many friends buying cars these days) and hasnt disappointed anyone so far..and as aseem suggests the sound of the sony is better than the pioneers..checked the effects of both and then only bought the sony..but what if u buy a pioneer and something goes wrong with it(cant tell what will happen when to these electronic items) then ul surely be running around like hell..so just go ahead and buy the one u like and dont think what can happen to them after a year or to..
Old 8th September 2005, 10:00   #59
Team-BHP Support

aseeem, mclaren, where does JVC/Kenwood/Blaupunkt fit in between Pio and Sony.

reason being that many of my friends want to get stereos but their pbudgtes dont allow for an alpine and alpine is all i got exp with. I did try out a pio and a blaupunkt but had such poor exp with them (12 years ago) that I returned to alpne.
Old 8th September 2005, 10:46   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Navin Hi!

Given a choice between those brands, I'd buy a blaupunkt. Fairly decent sound. The Kenwood isnt bad wither, but Kenwoods, when amplified, give out very lumpy bass. I have nnever been able to quite figure out why. O own an alipne 98XX in the lancer and a Kenwood 77X in the other, so I'm pretty sure of this.
The High end JVC's are nice, but the bottom end/mid end ones sound wierd.
I say go for the blau. Sounds a little more neutral than the Sony. Some may complain it's a little lifeless, but I like the tone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks