Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2010, 17:12   #46
Senior - BHPian

It's 100% confirm mate, unless and untill a hack is there

However, good part it AVX826 is a complete AV solution with just a lacking of GPS.
Old 18th February 2010, 17:59   #47

GPS in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
I couldn't find much information on touch screen in dash Head units (even with an advanced search) and thus the new post. I've bought a new Scorpio and would like your advice on the best setup for a budget of 45K. I already have a pioneer sub woofer, an XPlod amp and JBL oval speakers for the rear. None of this is installed yet. So the budget is for the components, wiring, HU and installation too. I've done some research on JVC, Pioneer and Eclipse. I don't think I can get my hands on the latter. Do let me know if you think I should try other options too. I intend to install a rear camera later and would prefer it if the HU is rear camera ready. Same with GPS. I also prefer a rear USB and ipod connectivity. I know both Pioneer and JVC have remote steering controls that can be purchased separately. One installer said it would not be a good idea to mount the ovals on the rear door as the sound would be muffled. Do let me know about the positioning of the speakers. I notice that there is an option for smaller speakers (tweeters?) above the last row in the refreshed Scropio. My scropio is an 8 seater. Over to the gurus...
Hi,

India itself you get many GPS/PND devices with all india maps and POI.Latest is 2DIN and also You get 5" dia.All the maps are upgradeble.Some of the units you buy from US and Europe doesnt have support and you cannot install Indian maps.But the one with win ce OS maps can be loaded with any maps
Old 18th February 2010, 21:37   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditbelw View Post
Every Company, has it's own proprietary systems, so a external GPS unit meant for Alpine, would not work on Kenwood systems or vice- versa.
I see. Any idea if something like this is available for JVC?

JVC has an integrated GPS system NX 7000 or something. However, this is not available in India.
Old 27th February 2010, 22:04   #49
BHPian

This one looks Chinese but it has everything I want (well, almost and is based on Windows CE. Has anyone used this piece or know of anyone who has used this? I've written to the vendor and he doesn't seem to be interested in the business, OR I may have to translate my questions into Mandarin!
Old 27th February 2010, 22:24   #50
BHPian

I read somewhere that someone in Russia had come out with a GPS unit that is compatible with the JVC touch screens. I don't remember what keywords I used. Anyone here know of this (Russian email address would be perfect!
Old 27th February 2010, 22:36   #51
BHPian

I don't know whether its mentioned earlier or not, But why not a carputer?
Old 1st March 2010, 14:50   #52
BHPian

This was the same question I had asked on the first page. The suggestion was to stick to a good touch screen system as there is very little else that I would be doing other than listening to music, GPS and once fitted, use the rear view cam.
Old 8th March 2010, 09:04   #53
BHPian

Saturday, I went hunting for the HU (JVC AVX 826). Strangely, not a single piece was available even in Grey! Finally one guy said there was one unit in Coimbatore but it would cost 26K in grey! Demand and supply rules! Anyway, I chose to wait. I picked up Infinity Kappa component speakers for 8K.

The JVC AVX 826 has everything I want except GPS. Lets hope someone comes up with a receiver that can be used with this unit. Otherwise, its going to be a stand alone GPS unit for me.
Old 23rd March 2010, 20:16   #54
BHPian

Does anyone here know about wiring kits made for the Scorpio that would prevent installers from cutting the OE wiring? I know crutchfield provides these along with HU or speakers you buy from them. These can simply be plugged into the OE jack and the other end can be used directly into the HU or speaker with no nicks, ticks or heartburns. But these are mostly for foreign cars. Any help would be appreciated!

BTW, I've sourced a JVC 826 from Delhi for about 28K with 2 yrs warranty. Thanks to inputs from Rahul (Maglev). Install may happen in a week's time. I've sourced almost all the stuff I need except for the rear camera(s). As mentioned on a thread somewhere else, I'm also fixated on fixing a camera in front I don't want it connected to the reverse gear. I want a toggle switch that can be flipped to switch on either camera. Any ideas on this front will also be appreciated.

As far as GPS is concerned, I plan to get mapmyindia maps for the Nokia N 97. I'll then pair it to HU via bluetooth to see the display on the HU. Only drawback is I will not be able to listen to music at the same time. Long time plans include getting a stand alone device from the same company, and praying someone is reading this thread and decides to come up with a GPS solution for this head unit!

Last edited by triedeverything : 23rd March 2010 at 20:23.
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:08   #55
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...hu-my-crv.html
Old 24th March 2010, 09:39   #56
BHPian

AbhiJ,
Interesting post. I've seen your thread earlier and have also did a little research into Caska. However, the JVC seems to appeal to me more (short answer) I also want the panel to be detachable. As far as GPS is concerned, MMI is a clear winner over Satguide for those who don't mind paying a 'little' extra.

My original question remains unanswered :( Does anyone know of wiring/conversion kits that make it unnecessary to split/cut OE wires while installing 3rd party hardware.

Last edited by triedeverything : 24th March 2010 at 09:41.
Old 24th March 2010, 09:42   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
I notice that there is an option for smaller speakers (tweeters?) above the last row in the refreshed Scropio. My scropio is an 8 seater. Over to the gurus...
actually the space you mentioned above the rear seats is the place where mahindra used to mount the rear speakers in their 1st generation scorpio (non-CRDe). it was only later as speaker sizes grew that mahindra could not place a speaker in that tiny slot & so moved it below to the door.
Old 29th March 2010, 05:47   #58
BHPian

Partial install of the JVC 826 is complete on Saturday! Pictures coming up shortly. I went along with my brother to Satya (Blueraven) on Saturday. He was very busy with cars lined up either for tints or ICE. We were at his shop by about 12.30 and he told us that work could start only by 4. We chose to stick around. Work started an hour later than estimated and went on till 11 pm. The infinity kappa components installed in the front sounds good! First impression - his guys know their stuff well. Well, their stuff will sometimes be limited to the ICE While putting the center console back, they may have interchanged the connections a bit, start/stop button and the auto headlight connections. The good news is that the OE mic above the rear view mirror seems to be compatible with this system. I have pairing issues with the N 97. Thus, I am yet to confirm that it actually works. One big piece of advice to anyone using his services, make sure your shopping list is complete before you visit him. Most of the stuff he sells seems to be at a premium. Well, a guy is got to make a living! His work seems to be impressive. I got to see a Getaway install he had done recently. He has mounted a 8inch subwoofer on the roof! Very clean work.

I'm yet to fix the rear ovals and the sub. Some metal was cut in order to accommodate the ovals in the third row. This is still work in progress. Will have to get this completed on Tuesday (next appointment in blueraven's nest).

Last edited by triedeverything : 29th March 2010 at 05:50.
Old 1st April 2010, 00:42   #59
BHPian

Visited Satya again on Tuesday to complete the install. I got to do some DIY too before that I used a drill gun and a dremmel to open up the sides to seat the oval speakers.In dash touch screen with support for GPS, bluetooth for new Scorpio-space-oval-before-work.jpg
In dash touch screen with support for GPS, bluetooth for new Scorpio-cut-out-dyi.jpg
In dash touch screen with support for GPS, bluetooth for new Scorpio-dremel-action.jpg

Overall, I'm happy with the work done. The infinity kappa components don't look very impressive. Actually, they almost look like capped pimples on the door!

Apart from the rear camera, I've also wired for one in the front I'm yet to fix the cam, and will post pictures as soon as I do.

The amp is a carry over from my previous hatch. Will upgrade as soon as I hit a lottery. For now, I'm pretty happy with the sound

Drum roll.....
In dash touch screen with support for GPS, bluetooth for new Scorpio-system-box.jpg
Kappas!
In dash touch screen with support for GPS, bluetooth for new Scorpio-infinity-comps.jpg
JBL RCU and AMP wiring kit
In dash touch screen with support for GPS, bluetooth for new Scorpio-wires.jpg
Monster Tweeter
In dash touch screen with support for GPS, bluetooth for new Scorpio-tweeter.jpg
Detachable panel
In dash touch screen with support for GPS, bluetooth for new Scorpio-panel.jpg
Temporary arrangement
In dash touch screen with support for GPS, bluetooth for new Scorpio-sony-amp.jpg
Powering the Amp
In dash touch screen with support for GPS, bluetooth for new Scorpio-power.jpg
JVC Ovals after the Install
In dash touch screen with support for GPS, bluetooth for new Scorpio-ovals.jpg
The impressive JVC AVX 826 Head unit in assembly
In dash touch screen with support for GPS, bluetooth for new Scorpio-hu-installed.jpg
Cost:
HU - JVC AVX 826 - 28K
Front Components - Infinity Kappa - 9K
Front and Rear Cameras - 3K
Labor and small fittings added on by Satya - 1750
RCA Cables and amp wiring kit - 2900
Speaker wiring @ 12Rs/meter x 27mts - 324

I also fitted an additional horn along with a switch that will help me toggle between the OE and Nautilus.

Just like Riju's Scrop, after the ICE install, my audio warnings have stopped working.
Old 1st April 2010, 01:57   #60
BHPian

JVC HU looks amazing. What devices can we connect to it for playing music / video ?

Does the touch screen recognizes the ipod and its songs + album art + song details ?

What about maps ? what is the basic funda of getting maps here ? or is not possible

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks