Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2010, 09:17   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
JVC HU looks amazing. What devices can we connect to it for playing music / video ?

Does the touch screen recognizes the ipod and its songs + album art + song details ?

What about maps ? what is the basic funda of getting maps here ? or is not possible
The manual says that it is ipod compatible. This includes viewing album art and song details.

This unit does not support GPS. I'll have to either get a stand alone device or pair my phone using bluetooth and use the navigation that the phone has.
Old 1st April 2010, 10:19   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Just like Riju's Scrop, after the ICE install, my audio warnings have stopped working.
hi buddy, i'll just repeat what i said in the other thread as this thread seems more appropriate for you ICE's discussion.

as i said, the voice assist system speaks thorough the front right speaker. i read that you changed the entire wiring for the speakers. even i have upgarded my car's ICE but i have kept the speaker wiring stock & hence the voice assist is working fine.
Old 1st April 2010, 11:00   #63
Senior - BHPian

Go in for a good in dash unit rather than a comp, just new, especially since the car is new.

Kenwwod HU's should support Sat NAV and you can also check with the Mapmyindia or Satguide if they have something they can load onto HUs
Old 1st April 2010, 11:02   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
hi buddy, i'll just repeat what i said in the other thread as this thread seems more appropriate for you ICE's discussion.

as i said, the voice assist system speaks thorough the front right speaker. i read that you changed the entire wiring for the speakers. even i have upgarded my car's ICE but i have kept the speaker wiring stock & hence the voice assist is working fine.
Mine is also connected with stock wires just Head Unit and Speakers are changed. Anyway, Can we lower the volume of Voice Assist System? Tried many times but nothing worked for me.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:57   #65
Senior - BHPian

no, we can only switch off the VAS as far as i know.
Old 2nd April 2010, 01:19   #66
BHPian

Wow Nibu!! just finished reading 9 pages of your scorpio report and 5 pages here. It seems that last 3 months , ever since you got your scorpio, you have paid a lot of attention in getting it customised to your liking! I believe ICE with the GPS - touch screen HU, PU seats , extra horns, huper films et al -its already rocking. Next carputer?

All the best and wishing you many many happy miles of motoring.

Last edited by shatrughna : 2nd April 2010 at 01:21.
Old 2nd April 2010, 06:42   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Wow Nibu!! just finished reading 9 pages of your scorpio report and 5 pages here. It seems that last 3 months , ever since you got your scorpio, you have paid a lot of attention in getting it customised to your liking! I believe ICE with the GPS - touch screen HU, PU seats , extra horns, huper films et al -its already rocking. Next carputer?

All the best and wishing you many many happy miles of motoring.
Thanks! I've been following your posts on the peted Shrek II (both here and the yahoo group). Pete is also on the cards, just need to hit that lottery

No plans for a carputer as of now. As far as the ICE is concerned, I'll upgrade the amp from the present Sony to a JBL or Harmon.

And then finally, there are plans for HID.
Old 24th August 2010, 09:55   #68
BHPian

wow! this satguide option is interesting! @34990 it looks like a good alternative to a carputer! no complicated wiring and jugaad either.

Now if only the screen were a little bigger.

Anyone here has this system installed? Can we connect the OBD-2 unit to this and get that to work? and I assume this comes with built in 4x50w amps?

Last edited by DerAlte : 24th August 2010 at 10:32. Reason: Unacceptable language edited out
Old 17th September 2010, 13:38   #69
BHPian

Hi guys..

Don't we get a rear view mirror mounted GPS system in India? like in the below video. These also include bluetooth, reverse camera support etc.

Old 16th December 2010, 14:57   #70
BHPian

Re: In dash touch screen with support for GPS, bluetooth for new Scorpio

I was reading this thread and surely would like to have a Scorpio with a touch user based HU and GPS Built in . What i use presently is a 2 DIN set and use Nuvi separately.

In the next iPad change , i have heard they might include GPS . If this happens , guys , forget all the HU . We can all Plug the iPad to a Normal 2 DIN HU and then can have GPS, iPod , Mobile internet all on one go .

We can still use iPad whats available today using 3G for GPS . But i believe it does not have a exclusive GPS chipset built in .

Any day i prefer a iPad sitting in the centre console of my Scorpio as it has vibrant colors , has HD Video ready and any day better then the IPS based touch panels which are not that great in the so called touch user HUs .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks