Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2005, 12:14   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
1. I am not sure if your portable DVD player will be capable of handling the bumps of the road. In the days before car CD players became the norm we use to get a goose neck and platform that could be boltd behind the dash and the CD player (DVD today) could be placed on that.

2. your 426 and 936 would need a 504Z

the rest seems ok.
Roof mounted LCD....is that practical ? Maybe the passenger (my wife) can recline in her seat and watch

Assuming that I am unable to install it upfront. Can I at least connect the output to my speaker setup (apart from the tape player) so that I can play MP3 & audio CDs ?

On the 504Z...agreed thanks ! (It is 4 ch right).
So I would also need a 502z for the Sub...correct ? ?
Old 23rd September 2005, 12:36   #92
Team-BHP Support

my LCDs are head rest mounted. In fact i got only 1 becuase if there are 2 of us in the back seat we'd rather chat. the 1 is for my son when we drive. in fact all the DVDs in my changer are his (Nemo, Sharks Tale, Bugs Life, Dinosaurs, Lion King, Madagascar, etc...). I could not use a roof mountd LCD as it interfered with my sun roof.

if your HU has a Aux input use that to connect the audio otherwise you can beam the audio to your HU via an FM modulator or cassette adapter (if your HU has a cassette player).
Old 23rd September 2005, 12:37   #93
Team-BHP Support

yup u need a 504 and 502. that is the cheapest combo. damn cheap if you ask me. if i remember right my 4 channel home made car amp cost more than both of them.
Old 23rd September 2005, 15:05   #94
BHPian

Quote:
my LCDs are head rest mounted. In fact i got only 1 becuase if there are 2 of us in the back seat we'd rather chat. the 1 is for my son when we drive. in fact all the DVDs in my changer are his (Nemo, Sharks Tale, Bugs Life, Dinosaurs, Lion King, Madagascar, etc...). I could not use a roof mountd LCD as it interfered with my sun roof.

if your HU has a Aux input use that to connect the audio otherwise you can beam the audio to your HU via an FM modulator or cassette adapter (if your HU has a cassette player).
Hmmmm, so I have got everything sorted out, except for the LCD mounting. So far so good. I know that Sam will be back in Mumbai on Monday (read that in another post somewhere ). Might as well PM him and handover my installation to him since most of the set up is on JBL with Sony thrown in.

And by the way, I have licked almost all of the "Car Audio Advice from the Audio Guru's" post. Have to agree that most of your replies were OHT for me. But then, a teacher is a teacher and a student is just that. But then I could gather whatever 'useful' info I needed from that thread and this one here. Finally, I have the right setup.
Thanks Navin.
Old 23rd September 2005, 16:02   #95
Team-BHP Support

Sorry Scorp72, Sam, my trusted translator is right now enjoying himself in Goa! I wish I were him, I'd have his hair and his life! :-)

I find the head rest is a fine place for hte LCD mount. Only some headrests dont have enough room so you have to check.
Old 23rd September 2005, 16:57   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp72
Hmmmm, so I have got everything sorted out, except for the LCD mounting. So far so good. I know that Sam will be back in Mumbai on Monday (read that in another post somewhere ). Might as well PM him and handover my installation to him since most of the set up is on JBL with Sony thrown in.

ther r roof mounted lcd, even one's with dvd players in it (sony and blaupunkt ( 10inchers i think)

or u can go 4 just lcd, foldable when not in use. buy a cam and use teh lcd as rear view mirror 2

or, u can get lcd to be fitted on dash on left side ( have seen blaupunkt comw with optional stand)

or, teh sun visor on left side can be swapped for a concealed lcd monitor. teh lcd monitor will be at the place wher the vanity mirror behind the sun visor

and sony ones come wire free 2 be fitted on teh headrest. neat

Last edited by jkdas : 23rd September 2005 at 17:01.
Old 23rd September 2005, 19:13   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
ther r roof mounted lcd, even one's with dvd players in it (sony and blaupunkt ( 10inchers i think)

or, u can get lcd to be fitted on dash on left side ( have seen blaupunkt comw with optional stand)

and sony ones come wire free 2 be fitted on teh headrest. neat

Mine comes with the DVD player & the LCD together...something like the ones you mentioned.

The optional stand is what I need to put it on the Dash.

This one is also wirefree. Can be charged once and used for 2.5 hrs continuous. Ek hindi movie ke liye enough.....unless it is one of the Devdas or Lagaan types (3 plus hrs)
Old 23rd September 2005, 20:21   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mine comes with the DVD player & the LCD together...something like the ones you mentioned.

The optional stand is what I need to put it on the Dash.

This one is also wirefree. Can be charged once and used for 2.5 hrs continuous. Ek hindi movie ke liye enough.....unless it is one of the Devdas or Lagaan types (3 plus hrs)

i thought u brought or was gonna buy a car dvd , anyway whats the model and make
Old 24th September 2005, 00:31   #99
Team-BHP Support

i got a necvox dvd changer and screen.
Old 24th September 2005, 16:32   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I know that Sam will be back in Mumbai on Monday (read that in another post somewhere ). Might as well PM him and handover my installation to him since most of the set up is on JBL with Sony thrown in.
Hi!! I'm back. Muhahahahaha

For the record, I dont SELL JBL nor install in cars. lol
Don't need to.
And I certainly don't try and sell it here! Don't need to do that either

However, since i'm the Brand director in India, I can help my friends here to buy JBL at a discount. (Everyone in my company abuses me for doing this lol)
Old 24th September 2005, 16:34   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sam, my trusted translator is right now enjoying himself in Goa! I wish I were him, I'd have his hair and his life! :-)

Main aaa gaya old man.... (running towards you in slow motion)

My life is yours but not the hair!
Old 26th September 2005, 12:02   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Hi!! I'm back. Muhahahahaha

For the record, I dont SELL JBL nor install in cars. lol
Don't need to.
And I certainly don't try and sell it here! Don't need to do that either

However, since i'm the Brand director in India, I can help my friends here to buy JBL at a discount. (Everyone in my company abuses me for doing this lol)
I am dissappointed. I wasted this weekend for Sam to return and help me with this
Well anyway...Sam can you pls recommend someone in Mumbai (Bandra, SantaCruz area preferable) where I can buy this stuff.

Basically, I need the following:

JBL 426e(front) - Rs 2250
JBL 936(Rear) - Rs 4750
Sony 504z - Rs 3900
JBL CS1200T Tube - Rs 5500

I got the above quotes from a dealer in Sion. Will I get a better deal than this. And also, do you suggest any good installers around here.

I have 2 queries, can I power the 936 only with the HU instead of a seperate Amp (like SOny 502z) ?
Do you recommend any Sub with a built-in amp instead of the CS1200T ?

I have been waiting for quite sometime now to complete this installation on my Corsa.
Old 26th September 2005, 12:05   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
i thought u brought or was gonna buy a car dvd , anyway whats the model and make
Don't remember it right away. But promise to look it up today. This was advt in the Mumbai Mirror as a good deal.
Old 26th September 2005, 13:06   #104
Team-BHP Support

I'd assume the dealers at Milan Subway in Santacruz will carry JBL and Sony. Dont know any but i hear Bhavi is ok to deal with.
Old 26th September 2005, 13:13   #105
BHPian

Heared from my mechanic that Milan subway caters to the Juhu clientele who have loads of cash (read costly). The same equipment is available at a couple of 100s cheaper in Sion. Teh dealer in Sion also told me that he would have all the stuff I wanted installed for just Rs 400/-. But I wanted to hear from Sam before going ahead.......where is Sam. Waiting for a reply from him.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks