Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2012, 15:38   #46
BHPian

re: ICE upgrade : Tata Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
From what I know (heresay) this socket is mandatory for the safe install of 3rd party stereos in the Tata Nano. Apparently the stock electrical system is not designed for large multi-amplifier stereo systems.
Yes navin, you are right. If this socket is not fixed then the warranty would be void too. And you know what, tata does'nt provide a connection for the antennae , So for the time being i cant listen to the radio. Although i am planning to go for the bosch antennae which fits on to the IRVM.
Old 11th July 2012, 15:57   #47
BHPian

Slightly off topic : The dealer has refused to fit a power socket in my LXi saying that the workshop people have advised him against it.

So can the dealer fit the socket or not? Is he being needlessly intransigent? Have any of you had the socket fit through a dealer?

Last edited by Athani : 11th July 2012 at 16:04.
Old 11th July 2012, 16:11   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
Yes navin, you are right. If this socket is not fixed then the warranty would be void too. And you know what, tata does'nt provide a connection for the antennae , So for the time being i cant listen to the radio. Although i am planning to go for the bosch antennae which fits on to the IRVM.
I checked with my dealer and seems the socket can be provided only with a HU. Is that so? can we get an aftermarket socket?
Old 12th July 2012, 08:42   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athani View Post
Slightly off topic : The dealer has refused to fit a power socket in my LXi saying that the workshop people have advised him against it.

So can the dealer fit the socket or not? Is he being needlessly intransigent? Have any of you had the socket fit through a dealer?
Interesting. My dealer told me the music system fits into a socket, this was also confirmed by the accessories shop owner, so I am assuming the Nano already has a socket.
Old 12th July 2012, 08:48   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee

Interesting. My dealer told me the music system fits into a socket, this was also confirmed by the accessories shop owner, so I am assuming the Nano already has a socket.
It has a provision for a socket, not the socket itself. The plot thickens.... :-)
Old 12th July 2012, 09:17   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It has a provision for a socket, not the socket itself. The plot thickens.... :-)
Dang, there goes my half hour window to edit the post!

Anyways when I checked with the dealer and the local accessories shop, the difference between the same Sony head unit was probably less than 200 rupees. So I might decide to go with the dealer for this one. I haven't yet figured out the speaker problem yet, so I am not going for a music system right away.

However, the dealer only stocks Sony.
Old 12th July 2012, 12:09   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Dang, there goes my half hour window to edit the post!

Anyways when I checked with the dealer and the local accessories shop, the difference between the same Sony head unit was probably less than 200 rupees. So I might decide to go with the dealer for this one. I haven't yet figured out the speaker problem yet, so I am not going for a music system right away.

However, the dealer only stocks Sony.
I think i can solve your problems regarding the speaker placement. I am sorry i was not able to post the pictures of my install as i was not doing well. I will try to post the pics today. The speakers in my car have been placed on the existing rear parcel tray but with an added MDF custom board fitted on top of it. See the pictures and then you will have a good idea.

Aditya
Old 12th July 2012, 13:16   #53
BHPian

Aditya, PM your contact number, I would like to meet and hear the audio quality of the setup in your Nano. I am also looking to install audio system in my Nano. I was just wondering how the rear speakers perform given the higher level of engine noise inside the Nano cabin.

I am not able to PM you since you are a newbie as of now.
Old 13th July 2012, 00:35   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb
Aditya, PM your contact number, I would like to meet and hear the audio quality of the setup in your Nano. I am also looking to install audio system in my Nano. I was just wondering how the rear speakers perform given the higher level of engine noise inside the Nano cabin.

He won't be able to PM either as he's a newbie. You'll have to find some other way.

Awaiting the pics, Aditya.
Old 13th July 2012, 12:11   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post

Sure , anytime. But as Athani said, i wont be able to PM either and i think giving out your personal email id and phone number is against the rules so wont be able to do that either. So have to figure out some other way !
Quote:
He won't be able to PM either as he's a newbie. You'll have to find some other way.

Awaiting the pics, Aditya.
I am sorry for the delay. The pics will be up by tonight for sure. I am just stuck with some work at office.
Old 13th July 2012, 20:20   #56
BHPian

Here are the pics guys !

ICE upgrade : Tata Nano-img_0043.jpg

ICE upgrade : Tata Nano-img_0044.jpg

ICE upgrade : Tata Nano-img_0046.jpg

Sorry for the crappy quality.
aditya.bhardwaj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2012, 21:23   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
I think i can solve your problems regarding the speaker placement. I am sorry i was not able to post the pictures of my install as i was not doing well. I will try to post the pics today. The speakers in my car have been placed on the existing rear parcel tray but with an added MDF custom board fitted on top of it. See the pictures and then you will have a good idea.

Aditya
Looks good. However, I have apprehensions about reducing the rear storage space (if I go for the rear speakers) and spoiling the dash (if I go for the front speakers). So unless I solve this dilemma, or bring myself to accept the tradeoff, I won't be going in for the speakers.

Since without speakers the music system would be meaningless, I am searching for other alternatives in the meanwhile.
Old 16th July 2012, 10:41   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Looks good.
=====
Since without speakers the music system would be meaningless, I am searching for other alternatives in the meanwhile.
Dont worry about the rear space. It hasnt been compromised. The fitting was done perfectly and i am very happy with the whole setup
Old 17th July 2012, 23:36   #59
BHPian

I fit the JVC KD-X50BT HU. It has radio, USB, aux, ipod & bluetooth functionality. It comes with a mic which can be used when the phone is connected to the HU. Cost Rs.5200 with bill. I only fixed two 4inch rear speakers which cost Rs. 1000. Antenna cost Rs. 250. Fitting Rs. 200. The sound is quite acceptable.

PS: I insured the HU by paying additional premium which came to Rs. 233.

Last edited by Athani : 18th July 2012 at 00:04.
Old 30th November 2012, 21:57   #60
Senior - BHPian

I today saw the place where the HU sits in. And to my surprise there were no wires, sockets or any such provision for music system. How could that be possible? I have a 2011 Manufactured Nano LX model. Does'nt Tata provide any sort of provision for adding a music system?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks