Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2005, 19:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Rider
Aseem, I could have been easily mistaken, I do not have a good know how about the specs, All I wanted was to hear some good music, When I shopped i consulted one of my friends who works in the similar field in Kerala. How much would the entire Re-wiring cost?
is the amp red in color, with rectangular body.... than its 504. Secondaly no point spending 2 k on wiring for a 3.5 k amp. You can get a cabling kit for 500 rs, which contains the power cable, speaker cable, and subwoofer cable along with rcas. companies like boss etc make them.
Old 29th October 2005, 20:14   #17
BHPian

Jkdas, I have a jvc kdg405 hu unit with 2 pioneer 450w speakersin the rear with a 800w pioneer subwoofer, I do not know the model names, I do not have any speakers in the front And aseem, the amp is red in colour and rectangular as you mentioned, I have the brochure back at my place so once i go back home i can check the model name, We have shifted for the time being because our place does not have power and a lot of water with non-friendly snakes!!! If the cabling comes at 500 R.s then I will change it as well, Also let us say the cabling is working fine, Is it wise to change it anyways?? looking at the long run
Old 29th October 2005, 22:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

for 500 rs, u are better of changing it...
Old 29th October 2005, 22:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

since u got it fixed frma shop at bangi, i guess they might have used a fairly good stuff. and if works fine, just leave it at it i guess.

so its the sony 504z or 502z amp that u have. being an amp of less than 5k, just get a new one in case teh old one cant be repaired ( if needed). freelancers can fix the amp for cheaper rate.
Old 29th October 2005, 22:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

@ aseem, the company 'boss' is it the american one or so tht we c in various auto mag advts?
Old 30th October 2005, 15:42   #21
BHPian

Yes the quality of the material used is okay jkdas, However it is not insulated so I guess my best bet would be to change the wiring as well as aseem pointed out , Any idea where can I get the boss wiring setup done in banglore?
Old 31st October 2005, 12:30   #22
Team-BHP Support

the crackling sound is what tells me the amp is dead. you see when a we wire a amp in the car it is never really off. if it was the Hu wont be able to turn it on. there is a remote wire which tells the HU to turn on the amp. My fear is that amp amp was actually live when the car was submerged.

BTW before all this happened wre you able to listen to music without using the ignition?
Old 31st October 2005, 16:43   #23
BHPian

Navin, I think you are right, Last time i saw the amp, the power light was on, The hU was switched off as you rightly mentioned, Sony has something called 'Power Protector' and fuses, Will it prevent the amp from getting damaged? No I was not able to listen to music without switching on the ignition

Last edited by Knight Rider : 31st October 2005 at 16:46.
Old 4th November 2005, 21:13   #24
BHPian

Guys, Need help!!! I got the car today although they have cleaned the amplifier, the speakers and subwoofers are not working, Only the tweeters are working and as aseem pointed out the amp is xm504z, Should I try getting the amp reapaired or a new one??
Old 4th November 2005, 21:21   #25
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Guys, Need help!!! I got the car today although they have cleaned the amplifier, the speakers and subwoofers are not working, Only the tweeters are working and as aseem pointed out the amp is xm504z, Should I try getting the amp reapaired or a new one??
well as u have already mentioned that none of the speakers or the subwoofers are working its about time u get a new amp preferably a better one from alpine or blaupunkt..
Old 4th November 2005, 21:24   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
they cleaned your amp? wht do you mean?
Old 4th November 2005, 21:37   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
they cleaned your amp? wht do you mean?
well i think he means to say that the amp was stripped down(now now guys no filthy ideas),the water was removed,the amp dried with a hairdyer or something..and then just do some preliminary checks and put it back on..but will it work is just another thing..
Old 4th November 2005, 21:39   #28
BHPian

Mclaren, do you have any idea about the selling price for 540 in banglore? I checked bazee and the amp was listed for 5k!, Jkdas, Slip of tounge, they used compressed air
Old 4th November 2005, 21:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mclaren, do you have any idea about the selling price for 540 in banglore? I checked bazee and the amp was listed for 5k!, Jkdas, Slip of tounge, they used compressed air
what ! compressed air ! just like that? Navin wht do u think. was it a safe thing to do?
Old 4th November 2005, 21:45   #30
BANNED

Quote:
yikes is that a typo or u want the alpine 540 amigo..i think the alpine amp sells at 350$ or something..i think u asked for the prices of the 504..here in bangalore u get it for 3.5k grey and around 5k with B&W..but i suggest in spending 2-3k more and get a alpinemrp-f240..its surely worth the money..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks