Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2005, 01:18   #16
BHPian

pioneer 6100f

hi mclaren & 5u3, sorry for the delayed reply. I am now in a lifeless place called riyadh in saudi arabia for a project. i couldnt access internet.
anyway, i am planning to buy to 6100f, however when i enquired about its price in dubai, i couldnt find 6100f but the previous one 6100 or 6000 ( i am not sure) and price in indian currency is around 8k. after searching thru the forum, i understand even 6100f retails at 7k. though what i get in dubai is with warranty, i dont understand why previous model is costlier in dubai than the latest model in india?
last time i bought a 7750 pioneer head unit for 9.1k and discovered price in india to be 9.5k.

could you throw light. by the way 5u3zeRo, is the 6100f amplifier available in chennai, if so whats the price.

thanks
Old 25th November 2005, 11:45   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna
hi mclaren & 5u3, sorry for the delayed reply. I am now in a lifeless place called riyadh in saudi arabia for a project. i couldnt access internet.
anyway, i am planning to buy to 6100f, however when i enquired about its price in dubai, i couldnt find 6100f but the previous one 6100 or 6000 ( i am not sure) and price in indian currency is around 8k. after searching thru the forum, i understand even 6100f retails at 7k. though what i get in dubai is with warranty, i dont understand why previous model is costlier in dubai than the latest model in india?
last time i bought a 7750 pioneer head unit for 9.1k and discovered price in india to be 9.5k.

could you throw light. by the way 5u3zeRo, is the 6100f amplifier available in chennai, if so whats the price.

thanks
i think the 6100 is the same as the 6100f..so you might want to check it out..anyways not sure if the dubai warranty is usable in india..so in the end you would be paying that extra dough unnecessarily..so id say get it in india only..its available in plenty in bangalore so should be available in madras too..
Old 26th November 2005, 00:26   #18
BHPian

As I have said in the other thread, the 6100F is a great amp. I am very happy with the sound. I bought it for 7500.
Old 26th November 2005, 02:44   #19
BHPian

will buy in india

thanks mclaren & vivek, i will buy it in chennai itself.
to summarise, this will be setup.
pioneer 7750 HU
TSE-6996 Kevlar speakers 80W rms
100 w pmpo kevlar speakers for the front
and pioneer 6100f, no plans to buy a subwoofer.

already i have exceeded my budget, and has told my wife that amplifer is 3.5k.
Old 26th November 2005, 09:47   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5u3zEr0
Tifosi, 50 x 4 is not Rms like Mclaren said, its peak. The HU will only be making around 18/20 watts rms per channel at best.
more like 6-8W rms/ch x 4 ch, 20-20kHz, <0.1% distortion.
Old 26th November 2005, 09:50   #21
Team-BHP Support

BTW I did not say 6W is not enough. Anyone who disagrees should hear a Class A Triode PP EL34 amp rated at 5W.
Old 26th November 2005, 20:40   #22
BHPian

pardon my ignorance

i dont even understand a word from your previous two posts. on the same note, an university has given me an electronics engineering degree.

sorry.
Old 26th November 2005, 21:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

What he meant was: a HU wont supply more than 5-6Watt per channel with car's power supply.

Max rms are calculated by manufactures when the HU is fed a power of 14V or so. Its like HH or Bajaj saying Under Standard Driving Condition...( no brake, 40kmph ..) got it?

20-20khz: frequency with human hearing capacity.

So you need amp to give you better wattage to power a speaker.

Last edited by jkdas : 26th November 2005 at 21:29.
Old 26th November 2005, 23:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
What he meant was: a HU wont supply more than 5-6Watt per channel with car's power supply. Max rms are calculated by manufactures when the HU is fed a power of 14V or so. 20-20khz: frequency with human hearing capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
more like 6-8W rms/ch x 4 ch, 20-20kHz, <0.1% distortion.
JKD.. actually you are a little off target... What Navinji meant was...

HU power ratings are usually quoted as per measurements at 1KHz. This is when the unit is playing a test tone of 1KHz. Since this frequency is easy for the amp to reproduce, it can play this freq louder... and peak at say 18watts. However, when the same unit is measured with full range music / material, the load is greater and the output would just be 6-8w with <0.1% distortion. If you were to measure the output at <0.01% distortion it will be even lower... and so on...

On a lighter side, its like saying Sam can throw a person (say we used McLaren) 15ft. Since McLaren (some 30Kgs only) hardly represents average weight, that information is useless. Similarly, If we said Sam could throw a person (say... me, 120Kgs ) 2ft, that data is again not a true representation of Sams capabilities... So now if average weight is 80Kgs and Sam could throw Jb 6ft... that is a true measurement. hehehe.

Since you dont listen to test tones, you should look at the '20-20KHz' power and distortion figures cuz thats what represents your music, and will give you an accurate picture of the amps (HU internal or external) power ratings.
Old 27th November 2005, 00:07   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
JKD.. actually you are a little off target... What Navinji meant was...

HU power ratings are usually quoted as per measurements at 1KHz. This is when the unit is playing a test tone of 1KHz. Since this frequency is easy for the amp to reproduce, it can play this freq louder... and peak at say 18watts. However, when the same unit is measured with full range music / material, the load is greater and the output would just be 6-8w with <0.1% distortion. If you were to measure the output at <0.01% distortion it will be even lower... and so on...

On a lighter side, its like saying Sam can throw a person (say we used McLaren) 15ft. Since McLaren (some 30Kgs only) hardly represents average weight, that information is useless. Similarly, If we said Sam could throw a person (say... me, 120Kgs ) 2ft, that data is again not a true representation of Sams capabilities... So now if average weight is 80Kgs and Sam could throw Jb 6ft... that is a true measurement. hehehe.

Since you dont listen to test tones, you should look at the '20-20KHz' power and distortion figures cuz thats what represents your music, and will give you an accurate picture of the amps (HU internal or external) power ratings.

Great explanation Gunbir! I am sure somebody will be waiting to throw you up into the air.
Old 27th November 2005, 00:33   #26
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
oye yeh kya ?? 30 kgs ?? boss im fed well at home.. kamsekam il be around 60 kgs rey..btw im sure sam will be wanting to throw me off, after all im always pulling his leg or is it his hair all the time..and you gave him this idea..im going to get u when i come for the auto expo gunman..hehe..just kidding..
PS: i think its way easier to throw vivek ..he is so busy at work its about time we give him a break..what say sam throw him to andaman and nicobars??
Old 27th November 2005, 01:13   #27
BHPian

great explanation

hi gunbir, now i feel like i have understood. had i been lucky to have electronics professor like you, i would have been working as scientist at some intel lab.

a very good example really.

thanks.
Old 8th December 2005, 14:01   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry tifosi, havent logged onto the forum for the last 3 weeks as I was travelling and work was hectic.

If you still want the current price for the 6100f, I will find out and let you know? But I think Dubai (not sure about Riyadh) will be a bit cheaper from my personal experience.

Last edited by 5u3zEr0 : 8th December 2005 at 14:02.
Old 15th December 2005, 11:08   #29
BHPian

hi guys, as planned, i have booked a new scorpio and am taking delivery on monday. i am planning to do the installation of audio system during the weekend. it seems i can either fit in the rear speakers in the back door or can kept in a separate box. which is better? i have 4 inch front speaker, sales person told me that it is possible to fix that speaker with some minor modifications. please suggest me ideal setup... i also prefer the rear speakers to be installed in back door, in that case what is to be done?
what connecting wires to be used?
how much will a professional installation will cost approximately?
as i had mentioned earlier, this is the equipment.

pioneer deh 7750
tse6996 rear speakers 6x9 inches (kevlar)
tse 1076 front sepakers 4 inch circular (kevlar)

thanks.
Old 15th December 2005, 13:59   #30
BHPian

A HU and 4 speakers installation should not cost you more than 300 bucks for labour only. I dont know how the insides of a Scorpio looks like but personally I would want to put the 6x9's in a box.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks