Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2008, 23:23   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi_wananchi View Post
Guys I am Planning to buy a Scorpio M-HAWK in Next Month.
One Thing I wanted TO KNOW THAT THE M-HAWK has steering mounted audio contols for the Kenwood player So can the controls used for another player like i was planning to change the kenwood music system to a pioneer dvd player.
If that thing is not possible than can i fit amplifier and subs on the kenwood system.
i have a mHawk and i have fitted an amp and sub to the existing head unit. but if you are an audiophile, i would recommend you to change the head unit for maximum effect as the standard one is really not that great in power. even i tried to change the head unit but the dealer informed me that i will lose the steering controls which i dint want to. (they are really useful!) but i am thinking of an alternate solution, maybe a visit to a good accessory shop will help.
Old 25th August 2008, 23:26   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
Yes, i have a installed a pioneer 'forgot the model number' sw in a mdf box. only thing is my scorpio has become a seven seater. it is placed on the last row tied down by the seat belt.

I can however remove it whenever i want to. Practically, how often you need all the eight seats?
what did you mean by it has become a 7 seater? was yours an 8 seater? if yes, is the last row spilt folding to accomodate the sub? as far as i remember, the scorpio's 3rd row is a single bench.
Old 25th August 2008, 23:47   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
what did you mean by it has become a 7 seater? was yours an 8 seater? if yes, is the last row spilt folding to accomodate the sub? as far as i remember, the scorpio's 3rd row is a single bench.
Yes, the last row is a single bench.
If I'm not mistaken, tifosikrishna has placed the sub on the seat itself and tied it down with a belt, correct? Thus losing one seating space.
The thing is, the necessity for row 3 sometimes arises unexpectedly. In such situations I will be left wondering what to do with the sub!
As of now, will run the rear 6x9 speakers (fitted by the previous owner) off the amp. While they are no substitute for a sub, they can provide some decent rear fill and punch.
Old 26th August 2008, 02:09   #79
Senior - BHPian

take a look at this type of set up in a scorpio, i recently heard it, and it was awesome compared to the traditional set ups with speakers at traditional places.

the first component set is at the regular place.

but the second one is placed on the c and d pillars

and only one sub was used, and the set up sounded quiet good compared to the regular setup in a suv muv kind of body shell.

unfortunately i did not have camera to click pics then, its been around 4-6 months i think since i saw this set up.

the things used in that scorpio were,
1 set of JBL GTO607c components in the front.
1 set of JBL GTO507c components at the rear.
1 JBL GTO1502D sub woofer

the amps were,
GT5-A604 the 4-Channel amp for the components.
GT5-A3001 the mono for the sub woofer.

the head unit was pioneer 4050 usb one.

the set up did sound really good at the end of the day and i think it cost the person around 34K including all the wiring, enclosure and labour.

now thats some set up and i really enjoyed it, the sound was just right at middle row, a proper mix of lows mids and highs.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp SCORPIO REAR VIEW..bmp (988.4 KB, 692 views)
File Type: bmp SCORPIO SIDE VIEW..bmp (1,006.1 KB, 935 views)
Old 26th August 2008, 02:30   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i have a mHawk and i have fitted an amp and sub to the existing head unit. but if you are an audiophile, i would recommend you to change the head unit for maximum effect as the standard one is really not that great in power. even i tried to change the head unit but the dealer informed me that i will lose the steering controls which i dint want to. (they are really useful!) but i am thinking of an alternate solution, maybe a visit to a good accessory shop will help.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...-stock-hu.html

take a good look at this thread some thing like this might be of real use to you, and i found it the best thing if one does not want to remove the stock hu or lose the steering controls.
Old 26th August 2008, 07:03   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Yes, the last row is a single bench.
If I'm not mistaken, tifosikrishna has placed the sub on the seat itself and tied it down with a belt, correct? Thus losing one seating space.
Yes, you are right.
By the way, did you check NIP's set up? He has insalled a sw in the rear door itself, in his 7 seater. I guess pics of installation are available inthe forum.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks