Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:25   #16
BHPian

re: ICE in Honda City E MT

Hi,

Like the OP even im looking for an ICE set up for my ANHC but my requirements are slightly different. Ive purchased an ANHC E-MT which does not come with a music system (one of the reasons i chose it as i wanted to install my own). This is going to be a slightly long post so please bear with me

My overall budget is approx 25-30k. At first i was looking for a 2 DIN HU + front components + rear coaxials. And i was also looking for a reverse camera system as i was having some issues with parking the car. Now i figured that instead of installing a separate LCD for the camera i might as well get a HU with an LCD screen. Its going to be similar in cost to getting a separate LCD but will look cleaner (and i get a better HU in the process as well). I went to Satya at EVO and checked out the options available.

Ive narrowed it down to the Pioneer AVH 2390DVD. Price quoted is 17k The bluetooth enabled 3350BT is being quoted at 21k and the only difference is it has an SD card slot and BT. BT was not that important for me as i dont get that many calls, but if the price increase was not significant i would have gone for it. And i dont need the SD card slot so for 4k more i didnt think it worth it. Another option is the JVC AVX646(not sure on pricing but ~19k). The big plus point i see in favour of the JVC is that it has a WVGA resolution screen compared to WQVGA in the Pioneer (thats four times the pixels!). Im not going to be watching movies or anything on it, but is the difference in resolution really noticeable? According to Satya the SQ of the Pioneer is better than the JVC and he recommended the Pioneer. And i personally liked the looks of Pioneer better than the JVC. What do the Gurus recommend? (Or if there are any other choices please let me know)

Now for the speakers. I listen to mostly Rock and Pop with the occasional bit of House and Trance. With 17k already budgeted for the HU, i think i can only manage front components and rear coaxials in the remaining budget. I want decent bass but it should be tight and not boomy. Im not too much of an audiophile and since my budget is limited anyway i was not considering going for an Amp. Would i really notice a huge difference if i get an Amp? I wasnt too keen on spending an additional 9k on an amp+wiring but if the difference is really huge i might reconsider. For my requirements Satya gave me the following options on speakers

1. Rockford Fosgate Prime 6.5" Components and 6.5" Coaxials.
2. Cerwin Vega VEGA65ca 6.5" Components and VEGA65 6.5" Coaxials
3. JL Audio TR650CSI 6.5" Components TR600CSI 6" Coaxials

RF is the cheapest, then Cerwin Vega and JL Audio is the most expensive. (2k more than the RF).

What would be the best choice from the above? Or are there any other good choices available in other brands? If you've read all the way from the top and have reached here then thanks a lot and please do give me your recommendations

Last edited by radiokidb : 22nd August 2011 at 12:36.
Old 24th January 2012, 13:17   #17

re: ICE in Honda City E MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post
Hi,

Like the OP even im looking for an ICE set up for my ANHC but my requirements are slightly different. Ive purchased an ANHC E-MT which does not come with a music system (one of the reasons i chose it as i wanted to install my own). This is going to be a slightly long post so please bear with me

My overall budget is approx 25-30k. At first i was looking for a 2 DIN HU + front components + rear coaxials. And i was also looking for a reverse camera system as i was having some issues with parking the car. Now i figured that instead of installing a separate LCD for the camera i might as well get a HU with an LCD screen. Its going to be similar in cost to getting a separate LCD but will look cleaner (and i get a better HU in the process as well). I went to Satya at EVO and checked out the options available.

Ive narrowed it down to the Pioneer AVH 2390DVD. Price quoted is 17k The bluetooth enabled 3350BT is being quoted at 21k and the only difference is it has an SD card slot and BT. BT was not that important for me as i dont get that many calls, but if the price increase was not significant i would have gone for it. And i dont need the SD card slot so for 4k more i didnt think it worth it. Another option is the JVC AVX646(not sure on pricing but ~19k). The big plus point i see in favour of the JVC is that it has a WVGA resolution screen compared to WQVGA in the Pioneer (thats four times the pixels!). Im not going to be watching movies or anything on it, but is the difference in resolution really noticeable? According to Satya the SQ of the Pioneer is better than the JVC and he recommended the Pioneer. And i personally liked the looks of Pioneer better than the JVC. What do the Gurus recommend? (Or if there are any other choices please let me know)

Now for the speakers. I listen to mostly Rock and Pop with the occasional bit of House and Trance. With 17k already budgeted for the HU, i think i can only manage front components and rear coaxials in the remaining budget. I want decent bass but it should be tight and not boomy. Im not too much of an audiophile and since my budget is limited anyway i was not considering going for an Amp. Would i really notice a huge difference if i get an Amp? I wasnt too keen on spending an additional 9k on an amp+wiring but if the difference is really huge i might reconsider. For my requirements Satya gave me the following options on speakers

1. Rockford Fosgate Prime 6.5" Components and 6.5" Coaxials.
2. Cerwin Vega VEGA65ca 6.5" Components and VEGA65 6.5" Coaxials
3. JL Audio TR650CSI 6.5" Components TR600CSI 6" Coaxials

RF is the cheapest, then Cerwin Vega and JL Audio is the most expensive. (2k more than the RF).

What would be the best choice from the above? Or are there any other good choices available in other brands? If you've read all the way from the top and have reached here then thanks a lot and please do give me your recommendations

Hey let us know what did u get finally...Am in a similar situation here...I have the same car and budget...Please do update
Old 5th February 2012, 15:47   #18
BHPian

Recently got my friend's corp.mt iced.
HU : JVC AV-50 17.5k (B&W)
Cam : license plate camera Rs.1800
Front Components : Kicker ES60
Rear Components : Boss IQ
Amp: Sony 4 Channel
JBL 1250t bass tube
Amp & speakers were carried from the previous car.

Last edited by k2max6 : 5th February 2012 at 15:49.
Old 12th June 2012, 14:21   #19

Convert NOISE to SOUND in my ANHC

Gurus, I need some help in setting up the ICE in my ANHC. I have the following equipment installed but somehow it fails to put a on my face when I listen to a few songs.

JVC's KW-AV70BT
Infinity REF6530CS Components in the rear doors
Infinity REF6532i Speakers in the front doors
PIONEER GM300T 200 WATT 2 CHANNEL POWER AMPLIFIER

I do not want to install a woofer as I would have to compromise on the boot space which is not possible. And, I strongly believe with the above setup I should get a more than decent output.

Note: I listen to all genres of music (sufi, hip-hop, trance, rock, metal, etc.,)

Last edited by mithun.pentuker : 12th June 2012 at 14:46.
Old 12th June 2012, 17:22   #20
Team-BHP Support

Re: Convert NOISE to SOUND in my ANHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun.pentuker View Post
Infinity REF6530CS Components in the rear doors
Infinity REF6532i Speakers in the front doors
I believe the 6530/32 series is 6x8. I think the ANHC uses 6.5" speakers in the stock door locations.
Old 12th June 2012, 17:51   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I believe the 6530/32 series is 6x8. I think the ANHC uses 6.5" speakers in the stock door locations.
Navin, I misquoted the model number as I don't have it handy and don't remember it either. I believe its the REF6030CS.

The Pioneer amp is an old one which was lying idle at home and I got an Alpine V12 2 channel amp from a friend of mine just now. Will adding this make any difference?

Could you please advice me if any changes need to be done to get the best output from this setup.
Old 14th June 2012, 10:37   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Navin, I misquoted the model number as I don't have it handy and don't remember it either. I believe its the REF6030CS.
Quote:
Gurus, I need some help in setting up the ICE in my ANHC.
What do you believe is missing? What are you looking for? Door speakers are going to have limitaitons when it comes to bass.
Old 14th June 2012, 13:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... but somehow it fails to put a on my face when I listen to a few songs. ...
The equipment that you have is decent enough.

Which are the songs that leave you dissatisfied with the sound?
Old 14th June 2012, 13:25   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The equipment that you have is decent enough.

Which are the songs that leave you dissatisfied with the sound?
I was listening to a Pitbull-Give me everything tonight and the thump is missing for a few beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
What do you believe is missing? What are you looking for? Door speakers are going to have limitaitons when it comes to bass.
Navin, I think you hit the nail in the head. Proper bass is something that was missing in a few songs and I was told by a friend that this is the best I can expect from door speakers.

Is there any Team-Bhp guru in Hyderabad who can help me in setting up the equalizer since the JVC equalizers are very very complicated
Old 14th June 2012, 13:30   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is there any Team-Bhp guru in Hyderabad who can help me in setting up the equalizer since the JVC equalizers are very very complicated
if you have a 80Hz setting up that about 3db and report how that sounds. Too much EQ can be dangerous.

Another options is adding just an amp. Amps dont take up much space better improve bass definition (quality) becuase of their better control of the speaker compared to the small amplifier inside the HU.

Last edited by navin : 14th June 2012 at 13:31.
Old 2nd August 2013, 21:59   #26
BHPian

Cost and Equipment help for NHC(Honda City ZX 06)

Hey guys i was wondering if some of the guru could give me some insight.

My buddy has a NHC 06 ZX GXI and he wants to upgrade the system and has asked me to bring it from the USA!

I was wondering now would the Honda City have issue with using Rockford Fosgate Power T1692 in the back? Cause the magnet of this speaker is large, so was wondering if it would a issue in fitting? but he wanted a sound stage at the back also since a driver drives it sometime so was not too sure if he should go with components in the back also. So would just a coaxial or compo work better
Also cost wise, a complete Rockford System would have a big difference as to buying in India or USA? Price of what it would cost in the US is uploaded!!

Appreciate the Help

#TeamBHP
Attached Thumbnails
ICE in Honda City E MT-sonixc.png  

Old 3rd August 2013, 20:22   #27
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cost and Equipment help for NHC(Honda City ZX 06)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond_dawg View Post
... I was wondering now would the Honda City have issue with using Rockford Fosgate Power T1692 in the back? Cause the magnet of this speaker is large, so was wondering if it would a issue in fitting? ...
Being a sedan with a metal parcel shelf, no it wouldn't have a problem mounting any 6x9 speakers in the back. At most one has to use a spacer if the mounting holes are not suitable.

And it is better to buy speakers in India, unless one is getting a deal in US that cannot be ignored (doesn't happen in India). Prices are quite similar, and RF is not the only brand - there are many others in the same league or better. Do audition before buying.
Old 3rd August 2013, 21:23   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Being a sedan with a metal parcel shelf, no it wouldn't have a problem mounting any 6x9 speakers in the back. At most one has to use a spacer if the mounting holes are not suitable.

And it is better to buy speakers in India, unless one is getting a deal in US that cannot be ignored (doesn't happen in India). Prices are quite similar, and RF is not the only brand - there are many others in the same league or better. Do audition before buying.
Well i was told top of the line components would cost around 15-20K or double of US price? I could be wrong tho! and thanks for the Help i'l probably pick up a 6X9 for the back
Old 4th August 2013, 20:35   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond_dawg View Post
Well i was told top of the line components would cost around 15-20K or double of US price? ...
The issue is clouded by the subjective expression "top of the line" used as sales pitch in India. Also, it is difficult to compare prices simply because pricing in US follows slightly different logic, given the larger volumes.

If you really want to compare US and Indian prices, try converting the US prices that appear on Crutchfield, Sonic, Fry's, Best Buy, Amazon etc. Use current $ rate x 1.4 - that will give you the least expected street prices in India.

The real bugbear of buying in India is not price - it is the non-availability of the model you want, due to low off-take.
Old 7th August 2013, 10:15   #30

ICE for 2nd-gen City

Hello TBHPians,

I recently got hold of my dad's 08' Honda City(2nd gen) as he's now moved onto greener pastures, but the sound system in the car is just too basic. So I've thought of upgrading the entire system, with a budget of 20-25k.

Requirement is terms of sound quality : As I mainly listen to House/Electronic/Rock/Bollywood, so the bass needs to be good and low frequency response adequate.

1) HU - I'm looking for a single-DIN HU with AUX-in, no need for USB or CD player capability, and capable enough to power the system I have in mind.

2)Front : Components, please suggest the size that would fit as well as I have no clue.

3)Rears: Co-axials- are 6 X 9" co-axials better than the door ones? and would I have to make modifications to manage that? (I had a pair of 6X9" JBL GTO's in my Zen, which are still going strong, thus the liking.)

4)Amplifier- preferred JBL.

5)Sub-woofer- If required

6) Wiring, Damping- suggest!!

Please suggest what system I could do with, keeping in mind that I would prefer not to extend on that budget.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks