Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2016, 16:36   #46

Re: Fiat Blue & Me: Q & A Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmeister View Post
Hey guys, there has been an issue with the Blue & Me function in my 2010 Grande Punto. I dont think it has ever been updated (not sure if the service guys do it during the routine service visits).

Anyways the issue is that it does not detect the USB device attached. i usually access the files through voice command. For a while now, when i plug in the device, it does not detect it automatically like it used to. From the forum page here, i found out that after attaching i will have to update it. That trick worked for a while. Since last week, the update function says 'No Media Found' even with songs in the device.

I tried attaching another new device as someone had suggested for the system to rebuild a new database or something. But this is the issue with any device i use. So what are my choices here? I was thinking of giving it to the service centre and maybe they can figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
My first suggestion would be WD-40. There is a fair chance that the USB port (which is exposed to both humidity and dust) is all clogged up. Spray WD-40 directly into the slot and if possible, use a toothbrush to further clean the insides of the slot.

While you are it it, you could unplug the unit and spray all the connections as well (one is a large 2 inch connected and another .75 inch connector for the USB slot alone). Anyone who knows how to remove the glove box can help you get the unit out.

But at the very least, clean the USB port and see if that sorts things out.

Pro Tip: Use ID3 Tag stripper software to strip MP3 files of any unwanted ID3 tags. Our old B&M systems usually skip songs with too complicated ID3 tags. I have been using this trick for years now.

I hope this helps!

Cheers!
Santosh
Old 22nd November 2016, 17:59   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshwins View Post
My first suggestion would be WD-40.
Yikes !!! WD-40 to clean electrical contacts is a big no no. It's a penetrating oil not a contact cleaner.

The idea to clean is sound, but you need to use isopropyl alcohol which is the best, or if not the just use surgical spirit and gently clean the USB port with a cotton bud.
Old 22nd November 2016, 18:56   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
Yikes !!! WD-40 to clean electrical contacts is a big no no. It's a penetrating oil not a contact cleaner.

The idea to clean is sound, but you need to use isopropyl alcohol which is the best, or if not the just use surgical spirit and gently clean the USB port with a cotton bud.
Sure, it is not the perfect thing but I have been using (successfully, might I add) WD40 to revive dead circuit boards, especially, com ports using WD-40 - Blue&Me being one such successful project :-)
Old 22nd November 2016, 19:43   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshwins View Post
Sure, it is not the perfect thing but I have been using (successfully, might I add) WD40 to revive dead circuit boards, especially, com ports using WD-40 - Blue&Me being one such successful project :-)
I would say you have been very lucky so far. I suggest you do a google search and see what it says.

Good luck.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks