Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2013, 19:00   #46
BHPian

Re: Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai)

My Vento is now 2.5 years old and has nicely accumulated tar and other marks on the body. The last time, I did a wash-wax and interior detailing at Car Cares OMR. The job was good and the manager had recommended exterior detailing to make the car get its smooth finish back.

Now who does the best (and of course cost effective) external detailing - Car Cares or 3M or any others at Chennai. Let me know please.
Old 22nd April 2013, 17:59   #47
BHPian

My almost 6 year old drive, needed some interior cleaning. Since car cares got a lot of good reviews decided to take my car there. The call was answered by Mr. David, who told no need to make an apointment, and it will take 3 hours and 2500 bucks for interior detailing.

They had 5 bays for servicing. My car was promptly taken up as soon as I came in. Since I have heard about a good customer lounge and tv, I didn't take my laptop with me. Unfortunately their balance for dish tv had expired, and I was sitting there starring at the walls, by then Mr.David came in. Went to him and told him about the interior detailing for my car. He told the interior looks pretty ok, so don't expect a big difference there. He promptly re charged the dish tv too.

They didn't remove the seats, but cleaned the seats, roof, carpet and the dashboard and once they finished gave me a 1 litre bottle of all the dust they collected from my car. As he said there wasn't a big difference, I have noted a few stains before the cleaning and it had all disappeared. He gave me a compliment of cleaning the AC ducts.

Total was around 2800 inclusive of taxes. It seems the prices have gone up. Enquired about the exterior detailing, it will cost about 7K bucks. I will try it some other time.

Overall a satisfactory experience, its one of the few places where you can see an alto, eon and mercedes together.
Old 27th June 2013, 15:26   #48
BHPian

I feel this is one of the best places in Chennai to get the car detailed. I used to live in OMR and now live in ECR, so many a times I've gone here to get my car cleaned. I've literally seen all types of cars here, from a Nano to a Gallardo. So I know the place is definetly good.
The Fiat 500 has a lot of chrome on the outside and living near the sea does not help, so there was a lot of corrosion on the chrome bits of the car, I was actually worried that it was beyond repair, so I gave it to Car Cares and when I returned in the evening the car was looking like new. I was super releived. They had done a splendid job.
Took a few pics during my visits, sadly couldn't click the Gallardo's pic as the owner was there.
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai)-img_0556.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai)-photo006.jpg  

Old 27th June 2013, 19:01   #49
BHPian

A few more pics
Mods: Please merge the this post with the one above. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai)-img20130627wa0011.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai)-img20130627wa0007.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai)-img20130627wa0009.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai)-img20130627wa0008.jpg  

BraveArc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2013, 08:33   #50
BHPian

Last time i visited - it was around beginning of May i believe. They quoted 1100 for wash+ wax of my Jazz ( with Meguiars all through including trye + alloy wheels).
They had a foam wash + wax of 3m which was quoted for 450, which i think was economical.
They had also introduced annual maintenance package - with upto 12 visits ( cumulative discount of upto 20%). DOnt have the package details now. Will post a picture of it - if i find it. I wasnt interested in that since once in 3 months i get a wash from my A.S.S and in between 3 mths - i get a wash+Wax done from Car Cares ( so interval of 3 mths here as well).
Old 29th July 2013, 19:03   #51
Senior - BHPian

So on Saturday morning I called Car Cares for an appointment. The A-Star we've been driving needed a thorough wash. Fixed an appointment at for 15:30. We would be doing the 'Foam Wash Plus' for 450 INR. The procedure would take 45 minutes.

Soon after I received a call - there's a scheduled power cut and the power would only return at 17:00. I rescheduled for 17:00, pleased that they informed me well in advance.

Rolled in at 16:55. (Side note: NEVER drive from Palavakkam, ECR to Kottivakkam, OMR on the narrow linking bridge and roads. Heart in mouth the whole way.) Seeing a Z4, Evoque and an old Mercedes 280S there was pretty cool and somewhat unexpected.

The guys there were friendly and as promised the power returned at 17:00. We were taken the air conditioned lounge, kitted out with the latest issues of all car magazines and giant tv. Good. Very good.

Exactly 45 minutes later they rolled the car out. Sparkling clean, inside and out.

Full marks to Car Cares!
Old 29th July 2013, 19:17   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
NEVER drive from Palavakkam, ECR to Kottivakkam, OMR on the narrow linking bridge and roads. Heart in mouth the whole way.
Normally, it is ok, at least it is when used to it. No worse than any of Chennai's narrower streets. Periyar Salai, however, is always tough, except in the night, due to crowds and congestion: at the moment it is impossible (although not actually impassable) due to road digging for new water pipes. This digging is making the whole area very bad and, I'm told that when the water guys have finished the EB is going to start putting cables underground.
Old 29th July 2013, 19:37   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Normally, it is ok, at least it is when used to it. No worse than any of Chennai's narrower streets. Periyar Salai, however, is always tough, except in the night, due to crowds and congestion: at the moment it is impossible (although not actually impassable) due to road digging for new water pipes. This digging is making the whole area very bad and, I'm told that when the water guys have finished the EB is going to start putting cables underground.
Yep it was mostly all the digging that threw me off. Navigating those streets was challenging but the icing was when I reached the bridge. There's basically a very narrow, straight pathway flanked by a tall, concrete curb-thing on either side. I was scared - especially since the car I was driving wasn't mine!
Old 29th July 2013, 22:04   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There's basically a very narrow, straight pathway flanked by a tall, concrete curb-thing on either side.
It is just wide enough for one four-wheeler. I think that the school buses can get across it, but not a truck (causes a nice traffic jame when they try!). You have to wait until you can get a turn and then be aggressive and go for it. Yes: I know that bridge well!

Technically, the three bridges in this area are, I think, supposed to be foot bridges.

I think you have to do two u-turns on OMR after reaching it?
Old 30th July 2013, 10:58   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is just wide enough for one four-wheeler.
Yep. And because of how the surroundings have been dug up you can't really set up an ideal approach.

Quote:
I think you have to do two u-turns on OMR after reaching it?
Actually no u-turns at all. This was the route taken:

Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai)-image2676810042.jpg
Old 30th July 2013, 14:45   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh, brilliant! I have no experience at all of turning right after the bridge, but it is good to know that I can get to Car Cares that way. I haven't used them yet, but as I might already have said in this thread, may well do in the future. My home is somewhere on your map.

I suggest to anyone coming that way to use Kamaraj Salai, not Periyar Salai. It is a bit wider and mostly residential, whereas Periyar Salai is mostly commercial and narrow. However, everything around here is dug up at the moment.
Old 8th September 2013, 11:42   #57
Senior - BHPian

Guys
Any other economical interior cleaning options the Adyar/Thiruvanmiyur areas ?
Old 8th September 2013, 12:36   #58
BHPian

Anything towards Kilpauk , Anna nagar
Old 3rd December 2013, 15:57   #59
BHPian

Took my Figo for wash, surface treatment and wax at Car Cares, OMR in Aug, 13. Do not remember the package name. Total cost was Rs 1950. It covered underbody, engine bay and interior vacuuming as well. Liked the customer lounge, the way customers are treated, personal attention by David. I told him that i am visiting them due to the good reviews in tbhp and he was happy. My car was one year old when i visited them and he was very appreciative in the way i have maintained the car. I would definitely visit them again. Few photos.
Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai)-20130801_130909.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai)-20130801_135139.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai)-20130801_135150.jpg
pisthpeeps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 22:37   #60
BANNED

Alloy wheels refurbishing ?

Hi all ,do they refurbish alloy wheels here? Actually my two year old alloy black look dirty how much ever I clean it.

The brown mud color doesn't seem to be disappearing ,any advice on that ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks