Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2015, 16:13   #76
BHPian

Re: Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai)

My repeat visit to Car Cares in Kottivakkam, Chennai for a exterior work on my car.

Final outcome in below pictures.

My recommendation

Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai)-11745501_10206745514172909_8671445880675429787_n.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai)-10540536_10206745513852901_1564919953276815948_n.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai)-11169162_10206745513612895_5064266649991902669_n.jpg
Srikanthan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 13:44   #77
BHPian

After the recent floods, all the cars were in a sad state and the smell was really bad. So, had a word with the Mr. Jeremiah and decided to send all the vehicles to get his flood package. Even my uncle got in on the act. :P

The car interiors were stripped to bare bones and then the work was done. By doing this, he ensured there would be no internal rust build-up.

Before work began. Quite a long queue:-
Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai)-5.jpg

Can't fault though the attention to detail:-
Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai)-4.jpg

After work completion:-
Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai)-1.jpg
Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai)-3.jpg

A photo of the carpets to show that everything was refitted properly. He had proper mechanics carry out the removal and refitting of the interiors.
Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai)-2.jpg
BraveArc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 22:45   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveArc View Post
After the recent floods, all the cars were in a sad state and the smell was really bad. So, had a word with the Mr. Jeremiah and decided to send all the vehicles to get his flood package. Even my uncle got in on the act. :P

The car interiors were stripped to bare bones and then the work was done. By doing this, he ensured there would be no internal rust build-up.
Can you share the cost-details on this work?
Old 14th February 2016, 00:53   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveArc View Post
After the recent floods, all the cars were in a sad state and the smell was really bad. So, had a word with the Mr. Jeremiah and decided to send all the vehicles to get his flood package.
Amazing. Makes me even more sad that I let my car go

Was the Car Cares place itself flooded on Dec 2?
Old 7th June 2016, 13:01   #80
Senior - BHPian

Just did my Jetta interior. Have to save job well done. After 6 years the car interior still looks new. The carpet was shampoo cleaned and soaked dry. Now the carpet retains its original black color. The roof, seats and every part of the interior was cleaned and scrubbed and i have to say a very good job done. It did take few hours while the young chaps where enthusiastic and doing a good job.

Jerry is professional enough to suggest what makes sense and didnt over sell anything. For my blue color he was pretty much saying it looks good and does not need anything specific unless as a owner i wanted to spend on the exteriors.

Cost wise i would say its on par with 3M. Job wise Jerry will take his time to get it to your level of required perfection. So simply discuss with Jerry and he will help.

They dont sell accessories and they dont put you through nonsense sales that happens in other places. While working on my car, i also saw another car getting its exterior done. Have to say quite a good job.

By the end, Jerry inspected with a light and made sure the delivery is as good as expectation. There were two spots that had some dirt probably missed which i cleaned it myself. And even in that case, i had to simply take it to Jerry if i wanted.

5/5 customer service
5/5 for the kids working there
5/5 for not over selling and sticking to what makes sense

Total Cost was around 3K plus 15% tax. Tax was the killer.
VW2010 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 11:20   #81
BHPian

Last Monday I was looking for an instant car wash for my City, after a long weekend highway drive through rains. Since I could only leave after my office hours and not before 5PM, first called up the 3M center on OMR to check if they can take the booking. They refused saying they do not take any booking after 4PM, and also mentioned that they have only foam wash which costs around 1200. Disappointed with the response, immediately dialed Car cares to check my luck and to my surprise they agreed to take the car for wash and asked me to make it before 6PM if possible and they were fine if I get late also.

Reached there by 5:30 and got out by 7 after getting the car foam washed which included interior vacuuming and cost me 800/-.

I was regular to this place with my Vento around 4 years back, before I bought the Karcher pressure washer and started maintaining the car my own. I must say, I did not see any changes in their service quality or professionalism all these years. As advertised by them, they treat all classes of vehicles equally, despite mostly dealing with the luxury cars of Chennai.
Makin Rulesz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 14:28   #82
BHPian

Anyone having an update on the price for the services?
Keep seeing their work on Facebook.
My 2016 Honda City needs an exterior polish, wanting to send it to a good cost effective place. Will add an interior deck up if time and price permits.
Old 17th April 2019, 15:09   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjith_pm View Post
Anyone having an update on the price for the services?
Keep seeing their work on Facebook.
My 2016 Honda City needs an exterior polish, wanting to send it to a good cost effective place. Will add an interior deck up if time and price permits.
Just to let you know, they have shut their OMR centre last year and operate from some place near Kathipara junction. Since then I have not visited them and hence I am not aware of their latest prices.
Makin Rulesz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 12:24   #84
ike
BHPian

They have moved to Butt road, I used to visit them once in a while for a wash. I went there last weekend but they have now stopped wash, they offer only wash + wax. This they say is due to the water scarcity in the city. A wash used to cost 800 INR and wash & wax costs 1600INR. This is blatantly taking advantage of the situation.

How can you have water for wash + wax but not for a wash alone? None of the other places that I have been to so far are exploiting their customers in this manner.
ike is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 20:06   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone used them recently? Where's their current location and any info on rates ?
Old 6th July 2021, 09:55   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Has anyone used them recently? Where's their current location and any info on rates ?
I visited them 10 days back. This is their current location Car Cares
Basic wash and wax costed me 1600/-
Makin Rulesz is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks