Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2012, 23:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai)

Today my friend gifted his Ford Figo a gift for its second birthday! He did the detailing at Ampa Skywalk Mall. Prior appointment was fixed at 11 am, but he managed to go there only at 12 10. But the guys promised the same 2 hours even then. So we gave the car for detailing, spent some time (and money) inside the mall. And when we returned at 3 30, the detailing work had been completed and the car had been sent to the parking. The work was pretty neat, though we had not witnessed the procedure or the products used. The total cost was 1909 including tax, which was pretty reasonable. But I personally dint like the way the dashboard plastics were gleaming, due to the shiny, glossy polish they had used. My friend was completely satisfied though, and came out gleefully in his now gleaming Figo
Old 8th May 2012, 08:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Gave my car for cleaning (interior and exterior) at car cares yesterday. Left the car at around 2 PM and picked it up at 7:30. Initially the delivery was promised around 6PM and later on they themselves called and shifted it to 7PM as there was some power cut.

Job done - Shampoo wash for the interiors and machine wash with water spray for the exteriors. They have done a fantastic job and my car looks as good as new (except for the scratches of course, cant help in Madras ). All this for 1250 Rs (999 for interior clean + 250 for exterior clean). I would say money well spent. And yes, the waiting lounge is excellent.

The manager (Jerry, if I got the name right) is a very affable and courteous person. Enquired with them about the availability of microfiber towels and they expect it come some time next week. I hope to be a regular there from now, at lease once a couple of months as the car deserves it
Old 12th May 2012, 14:52   #18
BHPian

I have been getting my Optra washed and polished at Car Cares for the last 3 months. And the experience had been awesome! The staff is
very friendly and courteous. Service is absolutely brilliant. All you need to do is book an appointment and they take care of everything. The service area could do with an under body wash facility. The polishing/detailing area could also do with a little protection from dust and all. But all in all it's a very very good place. Highly recommended for people looking for affordable and excellent service.
Old 30th May 2012, 20:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Did a full interior and basic exterior work with them. Started at about 10am and finished by 1:30pm. Impressed by the work. Will certainly recommend them. Need a service that protects body paint from rust. Will check out 3M.
Old 31st May 2012, 12:57   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
I have been getting my Optra washed and polished at Car Cares for the last 3 months. And the experience had been awesome! The staff is
very friendly and courteous. Service is absolutely brilliant. All you need to do is book an appointment and they take care of everything. The service area could do with an under body wash facility. The polishing/detailing area could also do with a little protection from dust and all. But all in all it's a very very good place. Highly recommended for people looking for affordable and excellent service.
Sourav

How do you compare their service with Privilege Carz Spa in terms of products used, the methods used to clean the car?
Old 31st May 2012, 15:30   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K

Sourav

How do you compare their service with Privilege Carz Spa in terms of products used, the methods used to clean the car?
I've never been to Privilege Carz Spa mate. Have not heard anything good about them on team Bhp.

To be honest, I've never even considered going anywhere else. Car cares is very close to my house, and I've always found their service to be excellent! Maybe someday I'll try out 3M. But until then, Car Cares is my one stop shop for my car.
sourav9385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2012, 17:58   #22
BHPian

I would say Privilege Spa car detailing is excellent, not heard anything bad about them. Its the accessory fitment which had some bad reviews and they worked at fixing it.
Old 19th June 2012, 13:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

Excellent place, got wash and wax(total 900rs IIRC) done on my car and it was far better than similar package from 3M. Got interior vacuumed, they charged for this a little high at 300 rs. Also picked up a Jopasu duster. While waiting ordered one Pizza and watched Matrix movie
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 12:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

I went to Car Cars at OMR last Saturday. I called in the morning and got the appointment at 12 PM. The person who spoke with me (Mr. David) told that Linea is under 'M' category and they would charge Rs. 300 for machine wash and Rs. 350 for quick interior cleaning. Since, I have never tried with them, I decided to give a shot.

I reached Car Cares sharply at 12PM, which is located just before the HCL Technologies, Perungudi if you are coming from Tidel Park. Mr. Praveen who is the manager there, invited me and asked to sit at the lounge. I met T-Bhp'ian sourav9385 with his Optra . Mr. Praveen told me that Linea comes under 'L' Category (350 for exterior wash and 400 for interior cleaning). But, he agreed to charge me for the 'M' category this time since it was told me that way. So, ideally for a Linea it would have been Rs. 750 in total for the Exterior Machine Wash with foam and tyre dressing. Interiors will be vacummed, floor mats will be cleaned and all plastic parts will also be cleaned. They started the work and I stood by my car to see what is being done. They indeed did a very good job. They used only the Micro fibre clothes for the wiping. The whole job was done in less than an hour.

Car Cares Vs 3M Car care

Since I have visited both these places, here is what I feel.

- 3M Car care is more professional with their work.
- The quality of work done is almost same.
- I would still recommend 3M Car care if you reside nearby to that location. For Linea, they would charge Rs. 345 + taxes, which includes foam wash, and basic interior cleaning with dash board dresser as well. I feel, 3M is more VFM.
- Will I visit Car cares again? Yes. given the fact that it is near to my home than 3M.

Apart from this they have two other options for the car wash.
Quick Wash - It is just a body wash and wiped with the cloth. Rs. 100.
Foam Wash - Normal body wash with foam. Underbody will not be covered. They won't use Meguiar's product as well. This is charged at Rs. 200.

What is puzzling me is, the Machine wash which costs Rs. 350 for Linea doesn't include basic cleaning of the interiors and the floor mats. This is what making 3M car care more VFM.

Last edited by rameshnanda : 3rd July 2012 at 12:20.
rameshnanda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 23:47   #25
h14
BHPian

Even I visited them last week for a foam wash for my Palio. As Ramesh pointed out, I also liked their work but 3M is far ahead. The foam wash is value for money. I was charged Rs.150 for the Palio.
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 16:32   #26
BHPian

I dropped my Figo at Car Cares yesterday intending to do a foam wash, but ended up going for a Machine wash. Cost me Rs.555.

Work was spectacular as usual. They not only did the work as per spec, they also did some extra bits here and there like removing spots and marks.

I think more facilities have popped up since the last time I went there, but the quality of the work remains top grade. Plus the quality of the products used are also the best.

Only thing amiss was the glass wiping - which is extremely difficult to achieve. It looked good during the day, but at night the wiping streaks were over the windshield.
I've found out that only the Cobra cloth and a decent amount of water can indeed achieve that streak free finish. That or a high quality silicon Squeegee similar to those used by the high end wipers.

I've given my Innova for Interior cleaning today - will post the results.
Old 1st October 2012, 07:03   #27
BHPian

Car Cares has updated all the packages and pricing recently. Jerry, the owner, did not have the updated brochure's though.

My Optra was in a bad shape since the last couple of weeks. It had been through all kinds of muck and dirty rain water, and the wheel arches were totally covered with mud and grime.
Wanted to go on Saturday, but when it started raining, I cancelled the appointment. Nice guy Jerry, said they are open this Sunday! And joy of joys, it did not rain on Sunday

Arrived at Car Cares by 1:30 PM, for a "foam wash plus" service. Jerry explained in detail about what all would be covered.

-Exterior Foam Wash
-Interior Vacuuming
-Wheel arches Washing
-Underbody washing(if customer wants that, as lots of people have anti rust coatings)
-Tire Dressing
-Exterior Plastic Dressing

And the cost of all that? Rs 450/- all inclusive!

Value For Money? Absolutely!
Quality of work? 10/10 as always

After the wash, the car looked fresh. The wheel arches and undertray were cleaned with an almost psychotic attention to detail!
That's one thing that I really liked. The guy with the water gun was hosing off the muck that was raining down from the undertray, and then cleaning the rest of the car.

Car Cares, excellent as always. Time taken? Hardly 1 hour.
I'm glad to have found such an excellent place near my house.
Keep up the good job guys!
sourav9385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2012, 16:45   #28
BHPian

I came to know about Car Cares thro' Tbhp and on seeing the reviews, i decided to give my one year old VW Polo(Reflex Silver) for an Exterior Treatment as it was getting swirl marks all over. so I called David up and fixed an appointment. I left the car at about 10:00 AM and got a call by 3 PM saying that car was ready. I must say they did a wonderful job on the polo and the polo has got back its gloss. I had asked David to do a Vaccum on the interiors too. I was very content with the treatment done to the polo. The alloy wheels were given the treatment too and it was gleaming as if new. overall I was very happy the way things went and I was charged only for the exterior treatment which works out to Rs.2100 and the Vaccum was complimentary. from then on till date, I am a regular to Car Cares. Previously I used to go to 3M for my car needs.

Special credit has to be given to the Team.
Old 2nd October 2012, 17:28   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Car Cares must be not too far away from my place. What are the landmarks on OMR?
Old 2nd October 2012, 18:20   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Car Cares must be not too far away from my place. What are the landmarks on OMR?
It's on the OMR, just about half a km from the SRP tools junction.
There's a huge HCL office on the left hand side. Car Cares is just before that.

In case you need exact directions, call up Jerry at 9884622737/044-24545777.
Here's the link to the exact location of Car Cares on Google Maps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks