German Motor Works, Chennai.
- Chennai. German brand vehicles serviced
- VW, Skoda, Audi, Mercedes. Other vehicles serviced
- Range Rover, Ford, Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi etc. Specialist in
- VW, Skoda, Audi. Proprietor Name
- Imayavarman. Contact Number
- 9841262005; 044 - 4852205. Where is this Garage
- bang on Pallavaram to Thoriapakkam 200 Ft Radial road, S Kolathur, Kovilambakkam. Location map - https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ge...8!4d80.1979991 Flexibility to Pick up
- Not sure. Working Hours and days:
9 am to 8 pm Monday to Saturday. Insurance Facility:
Yes. Cashless Facility Available:
Yes for select set of Insurance providers. Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/germanmotorworks.chennai/ Pros:
Specialist in Skoda, VW & Audi.
Proprietor Imayavarman is friendly, listens to your needs patiently and propose fixes.
he is keen in making the customer satisfied - does not inflate the bills.
Prefers fixing the issues (where ever possible) than replacement.
Engine Diagnostics, AC work....painting & Tinkering all under one roof.
Engine Diagnostic software of your make available - specifically for VW group.
A full report of the scan performed is given listing out the issues if any.
Junior most mechanic in the team also exhibits attention to detail in the work performed.
Same day service and delivery in case of regular oil change service.
Relatively Big Garage.
Attracts & retains delighted customers from other locations (in addition to downsouth TN vehicles, witnessed KA, PY, KL vehicles too at the garage). Cons:
Though garage is big, it is flooded with all models of German brand cars, hence the garage feels cramped.
Delivery time may get delayed for extensive works other than that of regular service considering the amount of cars getting serviced.
Liqui Moly Oil cost was relatively higher when compared to online prices. Reason for looking out for a FNG:
After getting the 3rd Annual service of my Vento 1.5 TDI done in Nov'18 and considering the fact that my extended warranty will expire by Dec'19, i was looking for a FNG who is specialist for VW engines in chennai, where i can do my upcoming services. Immediately upon the 3rd service delivery, i found the new oil level to be at the lowest of the mark and i did a top up myself then using the Castrol magnetec professional 5 w 40 but i was not satisfied with this OE castrol oil recommended by VW.
Upon reading wonderful reviews from teambhpians about how Liqui Moly top tec 4100 5W40 can make the engine smooth, though initially i was contemplating on using Liqui Moly (as it is synthetic or not) but finally got convinced in using Liqui Moly - More details at https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4553192 (Skoda / VW Group Engine Oils)
As a result my itch to soon replace the 4 month old OE Castrol engine oil became much higher. So i ordered Liqui Moly, oil filter and air filter through Sparesncare and drain plug through boodmo. Thanks to Gannu for sharing the part numbers in his service post - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...lo-gt-tdi.html (DIY: 105,000 km service on my VW Polo GT TDI)
Hence a desperate hunt for a VW specialist begun along with my friend who switched to VW TDI family recently upon my feedbacks. Upon reading the post of VW2010 on VW specialist, i reached out to Jai Prakash to understand that his garage in Porur no longer exist and that i need to go to Perumbur all the way from Porur (where my residence is). so we were looking for a VW specialist somewhere within the city limits. Identification a German Motors:
That is when my friend told me that he had identified a FNG who is a specialist in all German cars bang on Pallavaram to Thoriapakkam 200 Ft Radial road, S Kolathur, Kovilambakkam, in the name of "German Motor Works" - They are specialist in german cars and i see all high end cars from the VW, Skoda, Audi, Mercedes, BMW etc piling up in his garage for fixes or service.
More details at http://germanmotorworks.in/about/
The same day when i come to know about this garage, i got the Liqui Moly delivered, i fixed an appointment and went to German motors for the oil change and air filter change, the very next day itself. My experience:
I had a fantastic experience at this garage, which i wanted to share with you all here:
1) Not only the owner Imayavarman was highly knowledgeable, also the service boy who may be the junior most in the Garage performed the work with utmost care and attention to detail. A general check was performed along with the oil change like, coolant top up, battery level top up, cabin filters were cleaned and air filter was replaced along with couple of minor fixes that i wanted to which the ASS did did not bother to listen. All at a labour cost of rs. 1500. The service interval was reset for another 15 K again.
2) I met a customer who took delivery of his 1.5 TDI at this garage, who came from Cuddalore all the way to Chennai to get the service done at german motors. I was more curious and picked up a conversation with him to get his review and understand why he travels all the way to this garage - i was excited to hear his experience at this garage. let me explain.
Looks like couple of years back, the ASS quoted to him that the turbo had gone kaput and recommended a replacement with a cost of 1.25 L approx plus labour, the customer himself was not convinced and hence came to this garage then seeking advice - that is when the technicians in german motor suggested that some hose pipe leading to turbo is damaged which alone needs to be replaced and not the turbo. cost of the replacement of that spare was Rs.150 and the car is running fine for close to 2 years touching 1.45K on the odo. on the day i met him he got the 1.45 K Service done and i was surprised to see his 1.45 K service bill to be just 9.7K and could not believe my eyes.
3)On a separate note, the same customer shared that one his friend who met with a head on collision in vento survived with minor injuries though the car involved was totally damaged - looks like the airbag deployed and he was saved. Hence i was once again reminded of my thought that VW cars are relatively much safer.
Coming back to the topic of FNG, Like me, many of the VW/Skoda owners in chennai stick around with the ASS only not knowing who the specialist FNG is and i would definitely recommend this garage for dwellers of Chennai.
Note: I am in no way connected with this garage expect for the fact that i have become a delighted customer of them and keen in sticking with this garage, moving forward.