Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2010, 15:15   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Further, in case you need to stick those vaccum type GPS navigators etc, it may cause an issue if the installation is not completely airtight (I have not faced any issue so far - my iphone is stuck that way frequently).
Now that's a dilemma am facing - I dont want to risk a suction cup on my sunfilm to hold my phone, trying to get a stand that I can stick on the dashboard.
Old 11th November 2010, 16:33   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Now that's a dilemma am facing - I dont want to risk a suction cup on my sunfilm to hold my phone, trying to get a stand that I can stick on the dashboard.
You should be okay provided it is stuck away from the extreme sides.

I have been using an iPhone for almost a yr now stuck towards the bottom right corner, about 2 inches away from the sides. Long term effect ofcourse is unknown, but till now it is holding pretty without any visible problems.

Any ideas if in case the film needs to be removed, what will happen to glass? Will the glass also need to be replaced? I did remove the tint from rear & sides and went for another lighter shade...not much difference I can notice regarding earlier tint residues, but with windshield you can't take chances, I guess.
Old 12th November 2010, 11:52   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Any ideas if in case the film needs to be removed, what will happen to glass? Will the glass also need to be replaced? I did remove the tint from rear & sides and went for another lighter shade...not much difference I can notice regarding earlier tint residues, but with windshield you can't take chances, I guess.
The film is stuck with nothing but water, so am assuming shouldn't be a problem if they removed it without scratching the glass with a sharp object.

Interestingly, I changed my sunfilm from a street legal 50% visibility film (RE50) to the darkest of the lot - CS5
Old 12th November 2010, 14:35   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Interestingly, I changed my sunfilm from a street legal 50% visibility film (RE50) to the darkest of the lot - CS5
No wonder we have diff viewpoints on the comfortability factor of front windscreen I was finding it very difficult with dark tints during night, particularly in streets where lighting is inadequate (have to go everyday to drop/pickup my kids from tution classes)...then went for lighter tints. Maybe it was a double-whammy effect becos of my tinted specs.
Old 30th December 2010, 13:35   #80
Senior - BHPian

Re: Authorized 3M dealer - Shri Balaji Agencies (Alwarpet, Chennai)

Does the 3M RE series (35 or 50) look good on a white car? I know the RE35 seems to be the best bet in chennai, but dont know if it looks fine on a white car due to the metallic shade.
Old 30th December 2010, 13:55   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Does the 3M RE series (35 or 50) look good on a white car? I know the RE35 seems to be the best bet in chennai, but dont know if it looks fine on a white car due to the metallic shade.
Fiery_Enzyme has the RE35 on his white Figo. Check with him.
Black tints look best on a white car.
But, I guess you'll have to take a call on what you want to compromise.
Old 30th December 2010, 14:12   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
RE35 is my favourite choice. I have it on my Esteem (check my gallery) for the last 7 plus years and the heat rejection qualities are excellent. I also have it on my Polished Metal Civic. The best part about RE35 is that it blends with any body colour. If I were you, I would go in for it for a white car.
Old 1st February 2011, 08:27   #83
BHPian

Does anybody know what is the charge for anti rust under body coating for a sedan ?
Old 7th February 2011, 07:30   #84
Senior - BHPian

I went to Balaji to get a Petrol Tank Additive. They told me overphone that it is available. When i went there, they told me no stock. They took down my number and mail ID, but no response so far.

Anyone - Any Pointers please ?
Old 20th February 2011, 14:29   #85
BHPian

Friends, i have planned to install CR70 for the front windsheild and RE35 for the sides/rear for my Linea TJet.

What is the Best price i could get for these films at Balaji ?
Old 24th February 2011, 14:40   #86
BHPian

bnzjon

Got RE35 installed on the sides and back on my manza on 11th Jan

a) 3M Underchasis painting and interior panel protection with 5 years warranty
b) RE35 in front and back: Went on a weekday and the place was crowded. I did not see any clean room installation and I can spot a few tiny bubbles on the rear windscreen. Will be visiting them again to check.

Total Cost (Rs 9k). They also did the minor scratch removal and waxing done for free. Had to do the minor scratch removal TAFE reach pallikaranai had wiped the car with a cloth when dry during deliveyr and their Wurths team couldn't remove.

The bill quotes Rs 4k for the RE35 and for Linea it should be similar.

-Contact Person: Sekhar
Mobile: 9710786147. Heard that the person listed in the beginning of the thread no longer works for Balaji.
Old 25th February 2011, 13:51   #87
BHPian

Does Balaji do Interior cleaning? If so how much does he charge?
Old 25th February 2011, 14:18   #88
Senior - BHPian

^Yes they do, I think they charge about 1k but you used to be able to bargain it down to about 900 especially if you do polishing and other work. I kind of prefer carz spa for interior cleaning since the result was better even though it was a bit more expensive. Of course I have only done it once at both places for different vehicles.
Old 25th February 2011, 14:23   #89
BHPian

Hi
My vehicle stands in an open parking in my office . I do frequent night driving (long dist).Is it OK to put the RE70 on the windshield and any idea of cops coppering it out during checks?
Old 25th February 2011, 14:38   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
I kind of prefer carz spa for interior cleaning since the result was better even though it was a bit more expensive.
I had a job done at CarzSpa and the work was terrific. But expensive.
I wanted a cheaper option. Around 500 would have been a good price. Just better than what I would be able to do.

Am planning to ask this Thejas Autospa in Royapettah.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks