Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2011, 11:28   #106
BHPian

Re: Authorized 3M dealer - Shri Balaji Agencies (Alwarpet, Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Would recommend Garware ICecool shield over CR70 (around Rs 3.5k). Total VFM.
Hi Sridhar
Thanks but is Garware same as 3M and where did you get yours fixed so that i can do the same and how is the glare and visibility(at night)

rgds
Prasad
Old 29th June 2011, 17:27   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
Hi Sridhar
Thanks but is Garware same as 3M and where did you get yours fixed so that i can do the same and how is the glare and visibility(at night)

rgds
Prasad
I would like to mention that I had a small strip of garware film on my front windshield. When I went in for 3M's CR70, they tried to remove the small garware strip and only the sheet came, leaving all the glue on the windshield. It had to be cleaned by scrubbing with a blade . But with 3M you dont have this problem as the glue comes off along with the sheet. So consider this aspect before going in for garware films. Lets say you install the film and after few years if you want to go for another one the pain to remove glue will be more. So think before you go for this vfm offer.
Old 30th June 2011, 08:11   #108
BHPian

In terms of heat rejection, glare elimination and visibility icecool shield is very similar to 3M CR70 and Llumar AIR75. I have driven/seen my friends Linea with CR70 & i10 with AIR75.

I got them installed at Motozone sembakkam but would suggest you go with Maruti service masters themselves as one of the forum members GANSAN had done.

My first install was bad and they did a reinstall where they had to remove the film and agree that cleaning the glue is a big process. However my installer did not use a blade but rather used a solution.
Old 1st July 2011, 14:48   #109
BHPian

Hi Sridhar

Got my heat shield fitted today at MSM Chennai. They had only the 3M ready and so had to go alongwith the same. cost of the CRe70 was 4200. no service charge.

Cheers
Prasad
Old 2nd July 2011, 01:18   #110
BHPian

Rs 4200 for CR70 is a great deal.
Old 7th July 2011, 10:51   #111
BHPian

Getting the glue off is not rocket science.
You use any organic solvents preferably petrol it comes of in no time with no hassle.
Give a strict NO TO BLADES. The sight of blade trips the anger switch in me.

I truly believe the brand of Sunfilm does not matter, but the way it i applied neatly is what matters at the end for long life.

Rs4200/- IMO thats a lot of money these spare part shops are cashing on. High time car companies provide some amount of basic tint in the glasses.
Old 22nd July 2011, 16:24   #112
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Just an update.
Balaji agencies is now located at,

14,S.P.Developed Plot,Industrial Estate,Guildy
Chennai - 600032
Ph:- 91-44-22253750/ 91-044-22254929
Mob:- 9444044426/9444417991
rameshnanda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2011, 11:12   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Guys, Just an update.
Balaji agencies is now located at,

14,S.P.Developed Plot,Industrial Estate,Guildy
Chennai - 600032
Ph:- 91-44-22253750/ 91-044-22254929
Mob:- 9444044426/9444417991
Nope, this is their commercial/ building division. Car care is still in the same place near SIET College.
Old 9th September 2011, 16:30   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Nope, this is their commercial/ building division. Car care is still in the same place near SIET College.
It is still in Alwarpet, but not near SIET college. The new address i got is New # 18, Old # 60, seethammal Road, Alwarpet (Opp to Ethrajan Mandapam in TTK Road).

Contact person: Vinayagamurthy - 94440 42474

Last edited by r_devakumar : 9th September 2011 at 16:31. Reason: Added the contact person and number
Old 9th September 2011, 16:34   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
It is still in Alwarpet, but not near SIET college. The new address i got is New # 18, Old # 60, seethammal Road, Alwarpet (Opp to Ethrajan Mandapam in TTK Road).

Contact person: Vinayagamurthy - 94440 42474
Both are in operation.
I have visisted before 2 weeks for my cousin's Figo Sun Film and went to new place you mentioned to buy some car care stuffs.

Old Office - Sun Film
New Office - Car Care.

But you can avail both services in both places.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 16:40   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Both are in operation.
I have visisted before 2 weeks for my cousin's Figo Sun Film and went to new place you mentioned to buy some car care stuffs.

Old Office - Sun Film
New Office - Car Care.

But you can avail both services in both places.
Ok, Thank you. I may go tomorrow to get the sunflim for my Figo. How is the place in terms clean environment and easy to access / parking? Are they prompt with respect to timing or do we need to wait for long? How long it takes to complete?

Also, what is the price your friend got? I inquired through phone and got quote of Rs.4100 for CS35 (sides and rear).
Old 9th September 2011, 19:09   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar

Ok, Thank you. I may go tomorrow to get the sunflim for my Figo. How is the place in terms clean environment and easy to access / parking? Are they prompt with respect to timing or do we need to wait for long? How long it takes to complete?

Also, what is the price your friend got? I inquired through phone and got quote of Rs.4100 for CS35 (sides and rear).
Rs. 3900, you can get for the same price. He also installed cs35 for his Figo squeeze color.
Took some 1.5 hrs to complete. For sun-film go to the old one , street opp SIET and 2 left.
Don't even think about 3M B'lore kind of setup.
They don't even have facility to wash the car as well as no ramp. They usually take the car to near by bunk having ramp and wash facility, which comes for either underbody treatment or body polish. I saw a car manually wash with bucket of water to do polishing. I was little upset on seeing that. No facilities as B'lore 3M offices.
Old 12th September 2011, 09:42   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Rs. 3900, you can get for the same price. He also installed cs35 for his Figo squeeze color.
Took some 1.5 hrs to complete. For sun-film go to the old one , street opp SIET and 2 left.
Don't even think about 3M B'lore kind of setup.
They don't even have facility to wash the car as well as no ramp. They usually take the car to near by bunk having ramp and wash facility, which comes for either underbody treatment or body polish. I saw a car manually wash with bucket of water to do polishing. I was little upset on seeing that. No facilities as B'lore 3M offices.
Thanks AKS. Got the sun film work done from them Saturday. Work and approach of the people are good. However, it took almost four hours. Only one person was available when i went and there is one another car waiting before mine. However, when i asked them previous day about any particular timing etc, they mentioned anytime should be fine. May be they should handle it better with specific appointment timings.

Otherwise, i am satisfied with the work done. CS35 is good to my requirement. Not too dark and i can see good difference during the afternoon drive. I am yet to drive in the night.
Old 4th October 2011, 12:45   #119
BHPian

I am planning to get sunfilm for my car windows. One of my friends told me to go for either 3M RE or CS series.
Can someone let me know
1. Difference between them
2. cost Price
3. Good reliable shop to get this done in Chn

Thanks..

BTW this is my 100th post
Old 6th October 2011, 21:46   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanan.skr View Post
I am planning to get sunfilm for my car windows. One of my friends told me to go for either 3M RE or CS series.
Can someone let me know
1. Difference between them
2. cost Price
3. Good reliable shop to get this done in Chn

Thanks..

BTW this is my 100th post
Ramanan
RE is a reflective series (silvery shade) whilst CS is color stable which is a dark sun film
1)
a) In terms of heat rejection RE is better than CS whilst cost wise CS will be cheaper
b) RE is much better at night than CS
c) RE fits most colors and so does CS.
d) I am happy with RE which is on my current car over CS (which was on my earlier car)

2) RE35 for sides and back for my Manza cost me Rs 4k in Jan. CS should be slightly less.

3) Balaji or Privilege carz spa, Jewajee are good options for 3M sun films.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks